Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2007, 22:04   #16
Senior - BHPian

Well....

It sounded great when the car was on load, as in accelerating through the gears and not in nuetral.

The FE was 11-12kmpl (city) 17-18kmpl (highway). It was picking up better from lower down the revrange. Combine that with the petes box, it was a stonker.

PS: FE when stock was 14kmpl (city) and around 19kmpl (highway). Also note I had upsized tyres (205/50R15).
Old 26th March 2007, 16:21   #17
Senior - BHPian

Thanks alot drifter for your feedback. In short you mean to say there was a marginal increase in performance. You must be running on the ++ settings on the Petes??
Old 26th March 2007, 18:01   #18
Senior - BHPian

Nope I was running the default setting.

Drifter
Old 26th March 2008, 22:28   #19
BHPian

Sorry for bringing an old thread back to life. Now can the performance exhaust be fitted to Zen Diesel? Someone was telling me that a Diesel+FFE=Lorry Exhaust. I want that very sweet growl and yes, definitely more power. Is it possible? Pros and Cons?
Old 26th March 2008, 22:43   #20

One of our TBHPians, MichealSchumi has just put a FFE on his UNO diesel. I must say it sounds amazing. Though when it idles, it sounds like a matador.
Old 27th March 2008, 00:24   #21
BHPian

OT
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Drifter,Theoretically it seems possible and would improve the breathing..thus performance...of the engine. However, I have yet to see one in any diesel from around the world. GTO
With due respects GTO but now you are sounding like Nivitt Bhasin....bhpians in Delhi would know what i am talking about??

Getting back to the topic, some time back i read that a FFE on a diesel does not help much in terms of power gain or performance because the turbo uses up the exhaust gases. But i think a well designed FFE for a diesel engine should boost low end (lower rev range where the lag is present)performance as after a certain rpm the turbo would kick in using the exhaust gases IMO.
Of course drifter you are not looking for performance and i guess the sound again would depend upon how the mufler is designed and i have heard it, the sound from a FFE on a diesel does actually sound like a truck or a Matador as someone put it earlier, when idling. But look on the brighter side, most tuned American Muscle cars sound the same when idling but rip the tarmac and big egos when floored. I am sureyou can do the same with a Swift-Petes-CAI-FFE.
Old 27th March 2008, 07:14   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhik View Post

Getting back to the topic, some time back i read that a FFE on a diesel does not help much in terms of power gain or performance because the turbo uses up the exhaust gases. But i think a well designed FFE for a diesel engine should boost low end (lower rev range where the lag is present)performance as after a certain rpm the turbo would kick in using the exhaust gases IMO.
Of course drifter you are not looking for performance and i guess the sound again would depend upon how the mufler is designed and i have heard it, the sound from a FFE on a diesel does actually sound like a truck or a Matador as someone put it earlier, when idling. But look on the brighter side, most tuned American Muscle cars sound the same when idling but rip the tarmac and big egos when floored. I am sureyou can do the same with a Swift-Petes-CAI-FFE.
Well my zen doesn't have a turbo in it. It is stock. I had only the K&N Conical Performance filter and a FFE in mind. But I really have no clue as to how good are they with a diesel car. If the FFE cannot increase the performance, atleast it musn't decrease it. Does anyone have a audio clip?
Old 27th March 2008, 07:56   #23
BHPian

I think only Magnaflow makes exausts for the diesel .
Old 27th March 2008, 08:14   #24
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by invincible7 View Post
I think only Magnaflow makes exausts for the diesel .
Hi,

Magnaflow only makes mufflers and not full free flows leave aside for diesel cars.

Viper
Old 27th March 2008, 14:31   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper View Post
Hi,

Magnaflow only makes mufflers and not full free flows leave aside for diesel cars.

Viper
Now who can make one for a diesel car? Its a non-turbo.

And suppose if I just want the sound and not performance, can I put in a muffler and get the sound somewhat similar to the sweet growl which you get in petrol cars or it will be bizarre and an ear sore?
Old 27th March 2008, 16:02   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by furioussphinx View Post
Now who can make one for a diesel car? Its a non-turbo.

And suppose if I just want the sound and not performance, can I put in a muffler and get the sound somewhat similar to the sweet growl which you get in petrol cars or it will be bizarre and an ear sore?
dude you forgot to mention that your car is zen Di.
would be watching this thread.
Old 27th March 2008, 16:10   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
dude you forgot to mention that your car is zen Di.
would be watching this thread.
Did mention in Post #19. Well first things first, I never saw a diesel car with FFE, forget hearing. So want to get the gyan on the exhaust related info for diesel cars first.
Old 27th March 2008, 16:10   #28
Senior - BHPian

I had asked so many people about an end can in my verna and all said no use of it even if it was just sound that i was looking for.A sudden turn of events now,lol.
ram
Old 27th March 2008, 16:17   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
I had asked so many people about an end can in my verna and all said no use of it even if it was just sound that i was looking for.A sudden turn of events now,lol.
ram
We can fit an end can for the car, but what I want to know is how it out sound with a diesel car and if it would have any negative impacts.

Well if drifter could help shed some light on this, I believe his accent has a FFE.
Old 27th March 2008, 22:25   #30
BHPian

I just checked out in a few shops. They were like scaring me to put an aftermarket performance exhaust in a diesel car. Now am really interested in it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks