Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2004, 15:59   #16
BHPian

Hi Dominic, Do you think its possible to have a simple selector in the car that let's you choose between 3 options.

1) Very fuel efficient - low power (Driver/Long distance/Highway)

2) Normal factory settings - City Driving

3) High power - when you get mad at people cutting in front of you or just in the mood.

Is it possible to have a piggyback system with 3 such settings that can be chosen at the flick of a switch ? That would be awesome..

May be this can be done with additional electronics that store the values for each setting and will simply transfer those settings to the piggyback chip (??) when selected. What do you think ?
Old 11th October 2004, 17:12   #17
Senior - BHPian

Hi,
hehe... dude it is possible... but not at the flick of a switch at the moment. But can have three different fuel maps and ignition maps. But will have to load it everytime using a laptop or programmer. Coz piggyback systems are not made to gain FE or anything. Just to remove the OE limitations. Else we have to design a pda with a program to automatically engage when some parameters are met. What you want is not impossible but will be a bit tough and would cost more to do .

Cheers
Dom

Old 11th October 2004, 20:20   #18
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]

1) Very fuel efficient - low power (Driver/Long distance/Highway)

2) Normal factory settings - City Driving

3) High power - when you get mad at people cutting in front of you or just in the mood.

Is it possible to have a piggyback system with 3 such settings that can be chosen at the flick of a switch ? That would be awesome..
Sure could. But the badge on your car would have to be a Corvette or a BMW M for that!

GTO
Old 12th October 2004, 15:55   #19
BHPian

Theoretically, it would be possible to design a simple electronic device that holds all the 3 sets of values in a Flash ROM and at the touch of a button transfers the appropriate set to the ECU. With lots of trial and error, someone can develop these set of values for each car model/make available in india. From a car owner point of view, this will be a simple add-on, a small elegant box that fits in under the dash or so, that allows him more options in using his car. If this device can sell under 50,000 Rs, i'd by one for sure.. Not sure if there would be a large enough market for these to do some serious r&d.. maybe a joint venture between an auto expert and a electronic harware expert ?? anyway, just fantasizing..
Old 15th October 2004, 16:25   #20
BHPian

Hey! team
What about Ford endeavor can it be chipped?
Old 31st January 2006, 16:49   #21
BANNED

Can I get something like this for my Optra? http://www.nextlevelracing.com/ or

http://www.autoanything.com/products...nce_programmer

Is there anyone in Bombay who can install this? What would be the gains and how much would it cost?

Last edited by Boom Shiva : 31st January 2006 at 16:55.
Old 3rd February 2006, 02:58   #22
BHPian

Hey does anyone know if a piggy back system like Greddy emanage will work on a matiz????
Old 3rd February 2006, 12:23   #23
BHPian

hi! hey dom your reply the suggestions of dovin's three settings featured ideal chip was cool. just for the records, please tell what you would estimate the cost of the device be for most cars at an average
Old 3rd February 2006, 14:28   #24
BHPian

To Dom: About the ecu storing information about your driving style... how does it do it when, lets say, 2-3 people drive the same car? Does it detect a difference in the driving pattern and store all the information separately for each pattern?

Godspeed.

Alok.
Old 4th February 2006, 03:42   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider4385
To Dom: About the ecu storing information about your driving style... how does it do it when, lets say, 2-3 people drive the same car? Does it detect a difference in the driving pattern and store all the information separately for each pattern?

Godspeed.

Alok.
Not always. But it helps if the car is driven single handedly.
Old 4th February 2006, 04:16   #26
BHPian

Hey Dom
Excellent detailing...
I see u have been working with Greddy Emanage, Hondata, HKS, Motec systems etc...
Can u tell me which cars were u working on...
It took me a long time, really long time to get some knowledge on these things for my own work.
I failed bcoz the compressor map and fuel maps were going way beyond my anything... without tools and OBD2 i was lost.
And cold start fuel map was messing up things...
How do you get to know the actual power gain without a dyno or even tune the car.
Since u took the trouble of explaining things... why dont u get into more details and share the great wealth of knowledge u have.

Thanks
Old 17th October 2015, 06:49   #27
BHPian

Re: Performance Chips

Hi Guys,

Resurrecting a really old thread here.
Mods, unable to find any other reference to the same.
Please shift to other tread if required.

Has anyone here used or had any experience with the "Volo" performance chip?
I was discussing an increase in HP with a friend the other day and this name came up. Supposed to increase horsepower by 10-15 bhp. Cost about Rs. 15,000.00. It is for an SX4 petrol. Reviews on the net are a mixed bag. I would rather get first hand info from a tbhp member.

Thanks.

SS

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks