Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2011, 22:10   #31

Re: Custom Car Seats

Hi,

I own a Polo Tdi Trendline. I am very much satisfied with the performance of the car except for one issue. The car doesn't have a height adjustable driver seat. I am 6"2 feet tall and the roof of the car is only a inch or two above my head which is causing me back problems. Also the rear view mirror is placed quite low in polo which creates a blindspot in the windshield. I tried reclining the seat but it is uncomfortable position to drive the car.

I asked the authorized polo workshop and they said that the cost of new height adjustable seat that comes in Polo Highline will be around 30 k. Also, inquired Performance Zone, Delhi showroom for Sparco and Recaro custom seats. They are quoting 15000 for a pair. But the sales person @ Performance Zone said that even these Sparco and Recaro seats are not height adjustable but can be placed lower as compared to my current car seats.

I also tried inquiring any available car seats of a total damage car but in vain till now.

Does anyone know whether the seats of the OLD Fabia can be put in Polo ?

Please advice me.

Should I go for the original height adjustable seats from Volkswagen or buy Sparco or Recaro custom seats.
Old 9th February 2012, 12:56   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anubhavy View Post
Should I go for the original height adjustable seats from Volkswagen or buy Sparco or Recaro custom seats.
Buddy height adjustable seats are going to cost you a bomb. Another option you could explore is going to a workshop that does custom seats and re-mould your existing driver seat so that it is lower. If an experienced person does this seat comfort should remain pretty much the same.
Old 9th February 2012, 18:32   #33
BHPian

A suggestion worth thinking about.. try sourcing a used seat from the used market especially scrapyards which has height adjustable bracket, either use that seat & ofcourse that would involve working on the seat covers and cushioning or else use the lower plate of that seat and customize it to fit it onto the current polo seat, should work cheaper both ways.
Old 13th February 2012, 16:16   #34
BHPian

Is it possible to enhance the seats of a Maruti 800 - 2007 model?
I reside in Mumbai and use the car for drives to Nashik over the weekends.
The seat gives me a hard feeling and does not have adequete support on long drives.
Could someone suggest how to enhance these? , also if there are any places near Kandivali, Borivali, where these can be done.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks