Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2018, 11:55   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Pics: Japanese-market OEM Projector Headlamps in my SX4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPS_93 View Post
I had the same question. Stock wiring keeps the low beam on even while using the high beam like in my corolla’s stock headlamps. Wondering why the low beam is turning off in those beautiful JDM headlights.
In the SX4, stock wiring doesnt keep low beam on when you switch to high beam since its a single H4 setup. The bulb will blow if you power both beams simultaneously.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2018, 19:57   #17
BHPian

I too was having the same setup in my sx4 (albeit the make of the headlights was Depo, made in Thailand). I had H7 55w 3500 K HIDs in low beams and H7 Philips Xtreme vision in high beams.

I knew a capable auto electrician and he made some changes as a result the low beam stayed on with the high beams.

Regards
Kunal
Attached Thumbnails
Pics: Japanese-market OEM Projector Headlamps in my SX4-sx4.jpg  

Pics: Japanese-market OEM Projector Headlamps in my SX4-sx4-headlights.jpg  

Last edited by kunal_kaushal : 12th January 2018 at 20:12. Reason: Forgot to add closeup image.
kunal_kaushal is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th January 2018, 07:23   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunal_kaushal View Post
I too was having the same setup in my sx4 (albeit the make of the headlights was Depo, made in Thailand). I had H7 55w 3500 K HIDs in low beams and H7 Philips Xtreme vision in high beams.

Regards
Kunal
Super! What is your beam pattern? I am assuming you don't have the car now. Do you also have to manually adjust the headlight level using screws?
nikhn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2018, 10:56   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhn View Post
Super! What is your beam pattern? I am assuming you don't have the car now. Do you also have to manually adjust the headlight level using screws?
Hi Mate, the beam pattern was LHD oriented, but had crisp throw. First time I had to manually adjust (left and right/Up and Down) the headlights using the supplied adjustment screws to get the desired illumination as with any of the aftermarket/oem headlights. The auto leveling motors that came with my stock headlamps were installed for raising or dipping the low beam on the go.

Regards
Kunal
kunal_kaushal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2019, 17:53   #20
BHPian

Hello everyone. I recently have started using my SX4 frequently for night time work-related trips. The stock headlamps seem inadequate for highway driving. I wish to upgrade them to these but so far I have been unable to find any Japanese market OEM projector headlights in my place. Can anyone please suggest a source (preferably online) from where I can get these?
Slightly off topic, but would it safe to upgrade the bulbs to HID or LED without harming the decade old electricals?
Thanks in advance.
Old 1st November 2020, 09:20   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhn View Post
Hello all,

I have a 2009 Suzuki SX4 ZXi variant which is primarily used for highway trips and long rides. It's a good running car for its age and the only downer for me was the poor throw from the headlights which was making it difficult to drive on the highways at night. The only option I had then was to change the bulbs which came with the car.
Low beam mode.

Apologise for any errors crept in and for poor images since they were taken in 2012.
Hi,

Excellent setup done. I also have 2011 SX4 ZXI and i prefer keeping it for few more years as getting in and out of this car is really easy. I have been trying different options to improve headlight throw but no use. Somehow i have also managed to get the same headlamp assembly after looking at your post. Will be getting it installed at MASS. Could you plz guide me that how did you manage to modify the wiring to get both low and high beam lit up in high beam mode and which bulbs to use and what wattage. Thanks in advance

Last edited by moralfibre : 1st November 2020 at 09:47. Reason: Trimming quoted post.
Old 1st November 2020, 14:54   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekva View Post
Hi,

Could you please guide me that how did you manage to modify the wiring to get both low and high beam lit up in high beam mode and which bulbs to use and what wattage. Thanks in advance
A Philips relay kit had to be used since the headlights were fitted with a 35W HID 4300K for the low beam and an LED bulb (5000K) for the high beam. The relay ensured that both low and high were switched on simultaneously when activating high beam.

The headlight had to be tuned with the new bulbs for alignment and orientation. Ideally that setup is designed for halogen but HIDs worked fine for me. I would not recommend going more than 55W for low and high individually. Hope it helps.
nikhn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st November 2020, 15:25   #23

Thanks a ton for so quick response. Let me suggest this to my MASS guy. Once done will post the pictures
Old 13th December 2020, 20:20   #24
BHPian

Could someone suggest a working and less invasive setup to upgrade SX4 (2011) headlights?
Old 13th December 2020, 21:02   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeeprawat View Post
Could someone suggest a working and less invasive setup to upgrade SX4 (2011) headlights?
I just sold my SX4 after 6 yrs of ownership and I used Philips 130/100 setup for those years but i wouldn't really do that with any car henceforth.

I would suggest you to go with projectors retro fitted in the existing headlights with 4300k hid's and also in the fogs and you will be set even for an all night highway drive.

This is what im going to do with my new Swift too.
straight6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2021, 22:22   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
I just sold my SX4 after 6 yrs of ownership and I used Philips 130/100 setup for those years but i wouldn't really do that with any car henceforth.

This is what im going to do with my new Swift too.
Have you faced any issue with 130/100 setup? such as burnt reflector? did you do an 8 to 10 hours night drive or more with those? I have an Sx4 and needless to say stock headlights are pathetic. I am using 100/90. Please let me know.
Old 10th April 2021, 00:51   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hok kolorob View Post
Have you faced any issue with 130/100 setup? such as burnt reflector? did you do an 8 to 10 hours night drive or more with those? I have an Sx4 and needless to say stock headlights are pathetic. I am using 100/90. Please let me know.
Never faced any issues with reflector but the lense got fogged up but I don't know if that was because of this. It could have been buffed out.

I have driven from Mumbai to Goa at night with them for more than 8 hrs and no problems even though I had a heavy ICE but I wouldn't advice these. Go with 55w hid in projectors.
straight6 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks