Team-BHP - Executive Modcar Trendz @ Auto Expo 2018
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Executive Modcar Trendz @ Auto Expo 2018 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/195286-executive-modcar-trendz-auto-expo-2018-a.html)

Big shoutout to khan_sultan for shooting these pictures & his coverage of the Auto Expo. Thanks for sharing, man!

No Auto Expo is complete without a few wild and wacky modified cars. Executive Modcar Trendz is a company based out of Mumbai which specializes in custom cars, replicas and motor homes.
Executive Modcar Trendz @ Auto Expo 2018-1.jpg

This is the Nemesis:
Executive Modcar Trendz @ Auto Expo 2018-2.jpg

It is based on a Honda Accord V6 .Price of the kit = Rs. 7 lakh excluding the base car and it takes 1 month to build:
Executive Modcar Trendz @ Auto Expo 2018-3.jpg

It has a U-shaped grille up front and chrome hood vents:
Executive Modcar Trendz @ Auto Expo 2018-4.jpg

Twin-pod projector headlights and faux carbon trim:
Executive Modcar Trendz @ Auto Expo 2018-41.jpg

A zoomed-in view of the front fascia and bumper. Lower bumper piece has fallen off.:
Executive Modcar Trendz @ Auto Expo 2018-42.jpg

LED tail lights with L-shaped turn signals:
Executive Modcar Trendz @ Auto Expo 2018-5.jpg
Executive Modcar Trendz @ Auto Expo 2018-6.jpg

Chunky rear bumper with integrated diffuser:
Executive Modcar Trendz @ Auto Expo 2018-51.jpg

18-inch, 5-spoke alloy wheels by Forgiato shod with 245/40 ZR18 Falken tyres:
Executive Modcar Trendz @ Auto Expo 2018-8.jpg

I guess the designer was inspired by the Lamborghini Aventador:
Executive Modcar Trendz @ Auto Expo 2018-9.jpg

The rear door handle looks out of place. Stock door handles for the front doors:
Executive Modcar Trendz @ Auto Expo 2018-10.jpg

Zoomed-in view of the rear door handle - shoddy paint job:
Executive Modcar Trendz @ Auto Expo 2018-11.jpg
Executive Modcar Trendz @ Auto Expo 2018-12.jpg

Apart from the dual-tone upholstery, the interiors look stock:
Executive Modcar Trendz @ Auto Expo 2018-13.jpg

Diamond pattern on the door panels:
Executive Modcar Trendz @ Auto Expo 2018-14.jpg

Faux carbon fiber panels on the C-pillar:
Executive Modcar Trendz @ Auto Expo 2018-15.jpg

The panels are screwed into place. Just look at the panel gaps!
Executive Modcar Trendz @ Auto Expo 2018-16.jpg

Take look at this custom Mahindra e2o. Cost of build = Rs. 8 lakh excluding the base car. It takes 2 months to build. It has a similar U-shaped front grille:
Executive Modcar Trendz @ Auto Expo 2018-17.jpg

The dual-tone exterior seems to have been inspired by the Gen-1 Smart ForTwo. Also note the outboard wheels:
Executive Modcar Trendz @ Auto Expo 2018-18.jpg

Rear windshield is tiny:
Executive Modcar Trendz @ Auto Expo 2018-19.jpg

Door panels look a bit too fussy:
Executive Modcar Trendz @ Auto Expo 2018-20.jpg

We hope they haven't put it together using Fevicol:
Executive Modcar Trendz @ Auto Expo 2018-21.jpg

Scissor doors on the passenger side:
Executive Modcar Trendz @ Auto Expo 2018-22.jpg

Ill fitting door panel:
Executive Modcar Trendz @ Auto Expo 2018-221.jpg

Imperfections in the paint:
Executive Modcar Trendz @ Auto Expo 2018-222.jpg

Driver side door panel. Driver side scissor door broke after someone tried to open it like a normal door:
Executive Modcar Trendz @ Auto Expo 2018-23.jpg

Basic ORVMs:
Executive Modcar Trendz @ Auto Expo 2018-24.jpg

Door sill rubber beading has come off exposing the metal beneath:
Executive Modcar Trendz @ Auto Expo 2018-25.jpg

Household door hinge used for the charging port lid:
Executive Modcar Trendz @ Auto Expo 2018-26.jpg

Interiors are finished in a dual-tone. The dashboard and steering wheel have been carried over from the e2o:
Executive Modcar Trendz @ Auto Expo 2018-27.jpg
Executive Modcar Trendz @ Auto Expo 2018-28.jpg
Executive Modcar Trendz @ Auto Expo 2018-30.jpg

Exposed wires in the driver-side foot well:
Executive Modcar Trendz @ Auto Expo 2018-29.jpg

A view from the rear windshield:
Executive Modcar Trendz @ Auto Expo 2018-31.jpg

Looks like the car was painted in a hurry:
Executive Modcar Trendz @ Auto Expo 2018-32.jpg
Executive Modcar Trendz @ Auto Expo 2018-33.jpg

A view of the outboard wheels:
Executive Modcar Trendz @ Auto Expo 2018-34.jpg

Exposed lower control arm and other suspension gubbins:
Executive Modcar Trendz @ Auto Expo 2018-35.jpg

Thread moved out from the Assembly Line. Thanks for sharing!

The Accord based model looked quite neat except for the door handles, interior seat colour combination and poor finish of the faux carbon finish parts.

If this is the quality that they want to showcase at a huge event like the Auto Show, then I probably would keep my car miles away from them.

The E2O especially looks to be pasted together in a hurry, not that the design was any better, but the execution seems to be even lower. Wish they took their time, paid a lot more attention to the details that really matter - these could really make or break their enterprise.

On the other hand, I think we T-BHPians are a minority and really love looking for intricate details and immaculate finish at even the odd places, while the majority of their intended customers are already smitten by the scissor-doors on the E2O and have paid an advance to have their cars modified! lol:

I see that the restroom is closer to these monsters. That's the only saving grace. How can people stomach this horror?!

I am going to totally go against the tide here and am prepared for a backlash.

I feel we as a bunch of auto enthusiasts have now-a-days become just too judgmental. EMT is a Mumbai based company and a few years back used to have a small 1 car display showroom at Prabhadevi. I used to pass that place everyday (en route to work) and see the different samples that used to be displayed by them. Some were not bad at all and some were like OH-MY-GOD. But lets remember that not everyone wants a sleek looking beautifully designed car. Some might just want to make something really wild & wacky to stand out and that is what these guys are going to build. Remember that not all people have the same taste.

All I want to say is that these guys seem to be a small outfit and have made the effort to showcase their designs (however good or bad it may be) at an event which isn't cheap to exhibit at. Their designs may not be good looking but some of the above comments are in bad taste. We may not support them or even get our cars any where close to their workshop but I must salute the guts of this company to invest money, time and effort to come and display their products at a show patronized by the who's who of the auto industry.

I feel we as a community are just too accustomed to come down heavily on any/all small & medium-sized Indian brands without listening to their side of the story or knowing the extreme difficulties that smaller brands like these have to endure to survive.

Please don't get me wrong, but I know and understand how difficult it is to build a brand but how easy it is to destroy it.

Disclaimer: I am in NO WAY associated with EMT, nor have used their service. I am also in no way associated with the Auto Industry now.

While the Accord was still ok, the e2O was such a waste of time and effort ! I am not able to spot a single part of the car that was worth trying out - forget displaying the car in AE

Ugly, Uglier, Ugliest is how these designs could be defined in my opinion. Who in their right minds would fund these kind of ventures is something I am not able to think of.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick1977 (Post 4354389)
I am going to totally go against the tide here and am prepared for a backlash.

Agree with you partially, the company has put efforts and that is commendable. But what is not commendable and really needs to be criticized is the quality of work. Its written somewhere above that the kit for Accord costs 7 lakh rupees. Everybody here will agree that if someone is paying 7 Lakh rupees for a kit, the deliverable has to have a good quality on all fronts. It doesnt look durable as well. The unfinished places will rust or stain in the long run, the exposed screws, household hinges will rust if not painted properly. If someone is bringing half baked product to a national event, there is going to be criticism.

EMT should take this criticism in their stride and come with better finished products in the next AutoExpo, surely they will be praised by one and all !

DC used to showcase their products at autoexpo; now what happened they have withdrawn? DC's products used to be of better quality (finish and design) compared to the ones posted here on this thread.

Thanks Tushar and Khan.

Honestly not my taste. The modifications are both loud and busy. The E2O is way overboard.

Quite expensive as well.

Lord almighty you actually have to pay them to get these done! Both of them are horrendous, the Accord especially since it was such a big canvas to start with. Yuck!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sankar (Post 4355046)
DC used to showcase their products at autoexpo; now what happened they have withdrawn? DC's products used to be of better quality (finish and design) compared to the ones posted here on this thread.

As far as I know, DC did take part in the auto expo.
They showcased the TCA sportscar, the DC hammer and the innova ultimate plus.

Link to Powerdrift Video:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MBdDBlIb-6w

The build quality is shoddy and cheap at most places. Doesn't deserve the asking price. 7 lakh for the Accord. 8 lakh for the e20.

Auto Expo has come far away from what it was earlier. It is not your typical college ground auto exhibition, but an important even for auto companies, the world over. Now, when you showcase your product, you have to prepare yourself accordingly. And if you aren't ready in time, better not show up at all. It will do more damage than good. An example being this thread.

The design is polarising. And I will say a majority won't like it. A good design doesn't have a price. A cheap car can look good. And an expensive car can look ugly. So, blaming the company's budget is a lame excuse.

Honestly, this company doesn't deserve a separate thread.