Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2006, 16:53   #1
sAP
BHPian

Video footage: Opel Corsa vs Ferrari Modena quartermile. Guess who won?

Google videos are simply amazing. There's no telling what one might stumple upon. For instance, here's one that blows a common man's perception of the *modded road car* right out of the water.

This is video footage of a NOS-equipped Opel Corsa (type A) that beats the dickens out of a Ferrari F360 Modena to the quartermile. (Ripleys' believe it or not looks totally sane in comparison)

Ferrari F360 Modena VS Opel Corsa con Nos Drag Race - Google Video

sAP

More Opel Corsa drag race videos (wait for the first 15 seconds to go by on this video and the rest of it is quite interesting): Opel Corsa races - Google Video

Opel Corsa fans try this link for more videos: Ferrari F360 Modena VS Opel Corsa con Nos Drag Race - Google Video
Old 15th December 2006, 18:44   #2
sAP
BHPian

More quartermile videos

[Videos may require a broadband connection. Narrowband users please excuse this post]
sAP
Old 15th December 2006, 19:21   #3
BHPian

only two expressions !!!
Old 15th December 2006, 20:33   #4
Senior - BHPian

Yeah, it's true, given enough time and money you can make your family car do a 12 second qmile. I've seen Evos getting thrashed by Esteems and less.
Old 15th December 2006, 20:37   #5
Senior - BHPian

hehe nice find sAP and someone once told me that you can beat a SKODA 1.9 with a CORSA haha (and he got beaten too).. Need to show him this too
Old 15th December 2006, 21:46   #6
Senior - BHPian

that small little thingy took on the mighty ferrari 360....i think the dude need to hide his car and his face for a couple of days....FERRARI..boss.. if your watching...please take some serious action..
Old 15th December 2006, 21:47   #7
Senior - BHPian

that small little thingy took on the mighty ferrari 360....i think the dude need to hide his car and his face for a couple of days....
Old 15th December 2006, 22:15   #8
BANNED

It's possible with any family car. Nothing very special here about a Corsa doing this.
Only, you need the right Mods.
Old 15th December 2006, 22:21   #9
BHPian

evo 8 Vs Lamb

An awesome video of evo chasing a lamb. Part of Top Gear series

Old 15th December 2006, 22:51   #10
Senior - BHPian

The biggest advantage the corsa had against the modenna or EVO was weight.
Old 16th December 2006, 01:48   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

The thing is, they dont show how well the 360 started. Maybe it had a really pathetic start. Maybe the driver was napping.

I am not saying that the Corsa was a dud, it sure was quick, but we cant really say that the Ferrari got thrashed so badly. I am pretty sure, the Ferrari driver was asleep at the wheel.

And secondly, the Corsa was fast only in a straight line. We all know what would have happened during braking or cornering.

If Ferrari concentrated on making cars ONLY for drags, then it may have been a different matter.

OF course, people will argue that the modified Corsa cost abt half of the 360. That is exactly my point. For half the price of a Modena, it gained amazing straight line speed... what abt braking, cornering or high speed stability ??
Old 16th December 2006, 01:52   #12
sAP
BHPian

Circuit city

Looks like its not just straight line where a Corsa fairs either. Check out this video at the Knockhill Racing Circuit, where this guy called Davess tries to overtake a Corsa in an Integra Type R and gives up in the end.

The video is shot from inside the Integra: Integra v Corsa - Google Video

Top Gear host Jeremy Clarkson rated the Integra as one of best sport coupes to get around corners quickly. After the tried and proven S2000, the Integra is Honda's next best contender on the circuit. That Corsa chassis must kick some @.

sAP
Old 16th December 2006, 02:42   #13
Senior - BHPian

The Corsa is good, no doubt, be it straightline or some people can make it go fast on track too, but whatever it becomes it can never be a Ferrari, so the comparison is pointless.
What I mean is not just numbers, Owning a Ferrari and Owning a Blown up Corsa are two very different things, given an Option I would Choose the Ferrari any day no matter how bad it gets smoked by some Corsa
Old 16th December 2006, 02:54   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sAP View Post
Looks like its not just straight line where a Corsa fairs either. Check out this video at the Knockhill Racing Circuit, where this guy called Davess tries to overtake a Corsa in an Integra Type R and gives up in the end.

The video is shot from inside the Integra: Integra v Corsa - Google Video

Top Gear host Jeremy Clarkson rated the Integra as one of best sport coupes to get around corners quickly. After the tried and proven S2000, the Integra is Honda's next best contender on the circuit. That Corsa chassis must kick some @.

sAP
Is it the same Corsa ??
Old 16th December 2006, 04:44   #15
sAP
BHPian

Rockets in the closet

No. They are all different Corsas, because the videos are uploaded by different people.

After watching that video of the Knockhill circuit, any previous interest I had in buying an Integra TypeR has just been flushed down the toilet. (Hopefully there is not a video out there of a Corsa beating a C5 vette on circuit)

sAP

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks