Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2021, 17:46   #76
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento TSI with mods & accessories – My institution for learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by vredesbyrd View Post
I have an MY18 1.5 TDI DSG. Was coding required for activating paddles?
Hi,
If you car has Multi function steering wheel then you wont have to make any changes in coding. This is only required for cars (comfortline/tendline) which don't have buttons on the steering.
Regards.
antardaksh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2022, 01:00   #77
BHPian

Although this thread seems dead but it's a treat to read through all those mods, I am looking for mod setup for braking because mine are now causing judders.

Thank you for that exhaustive list.

I feel the only thing missing is the links to things you got, to me it has become a nightmare to find everything for my Vento.

Specifically looking for:- (Now that AliExpress is SHUT )
● 288mm big brake kit
● Brembo drilled rotors
● Brembo DOT 5.1 brake fluid
● Auto dimming interior mirror
● Anti-glare outside mirrors

Last edited by contact.nitin7 : 29th March 2022 at 01:03. Reason: spell check
Old 21st January 2024, 22:41   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharan1988 View Post
A small update:

I have been very happy with my cars suspension after upgrading to Sachs. However suhas307 started tempting me to lower my car for better looks and performance. I never liked the idea of running lowering springs on stock replacement struts as it would actually make the ride and handling worse. So I had placed an order for Bilstein B8 and cobra mild lowering springs. As luck wasn't in my favors due the pandemic the shipment has been delayed for the struts and the box of springs were sitting below my bed.
I decided to go ahead with the spring install first and later swap out the Bilstein when it arrives just to feel the difference between the two.
Post install I found the stiffness for the most part remained the same and it actually rides better than I thought it would. Body roll has definitely reduced and the stance has improved but I still wished the ride would be a little firmer. I will reserve my judgment and will give a detailed feed back once the lockdown is lifted to freely test the car on the highway and hopefully by then I will receive the Bilstein too.
Hi Sharan,

Your car looks really good stance'd.

Just a quick question, did you ever get to testing the B8's with the cobra springs? I am in a predicament pretty similar to yours at the moment. I've lowered my VW Polo with cobra springs. But the handling on undulated roads are too bouncy and and there's a lot of vertical movement on the stock struts just as you mentioned. I thought of going with B8's too to fix this but I do not want to take a chance in experimenting, So now my plan is to sell the cobra springs and just get Bilstein B12 Pro Kit(since it comes as a whole package - springs + struts specifically for lowering). It does cost more than just buying the B8's though. Here's my thread about it : Cobra Springs on CrossPolo TDI 1.5 (Cobra Lowering Springs on my Polo | Car bounces around like a spring on undulated roads)

Would really appreciate if you can share your experience if you did try cobra spring with B8's.

Cheers,
Aswin

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks