Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2019, 21:25   #16
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento TSI with mods & accessories – My institution for learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viraat13 View Post
  • 8K OPS - How expensive is this mod? And what all parts are required?
Hi Viraat,

I have documented this DIY here
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-d...olo-vento.html (DIY: Installing OPS (Optical Parking System) in the VW Polo / Vento)

Volkswagen Vento TSI with mods & accessories  –  My institution for learning-img_20190102_103541.jpg

I don't remember total cost since I bought these parts from different sources.

Regards.

Last edited by antardaksh : 10th May 2019 at 21:53.
antardaksh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th May 2019, 00:43   #17
BHPian

Thanks for the detailed post on mods and the short but crisp review with good and bad. My Vento TSI also has the Grrr sound when shifting from 1-2 and 2-3. This used to happen earlier once but went away when the DSG software was upgraded. I suspect it was just a reset to factory setting. But it has started again so I am planning to get the DSG reset once again.

I also experience the shrill sound under hard acceleration. It sounds a guitar being played. This mostly happens when RPM is near 2K. Will ask the VW folks to check the flywheel and clutch pack next time
lifeinpune is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th May 2019, 03:27   #18
BHPian

Wonderful write-up Sharan1988 and Happy Motoring with your truly Sleeper Vento. Is the DQ200 Gearbox for the Vento able to handle all the extra power from the Remap without any long term reliability concerns?
adi.mariner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2019, 15:51   #19
BHPian

Hi, your car looks well with all those modifications.
I own a Vento as well and was interested in doing some of the modifications myself. Would appreciate any leads than can be given by you for the same.
1. The passat cabin light
2. Passat OE speakers. Did you change all 4 speakers with these?
3. Anti glare outside mirrors
Any links to where these items can be sourced from would be great.
I own a 2017 Vento Highline Plus TDI
loveforjeeps93 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th May 2019, 20:52   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Nice review and a good set of updates. I had grand plans of doing a bunch of stuff for my 2013 Vento TSI, but apart from an audio system swap have not done anything. First waited for warranty period to finish, then the extended warranty and when I decided to do something, they started giving add-on warranty.
Thank you. I am on add-on warranty too but never faced problems with Warrenty claims.
Quote:
Originally Posted by santhosharulvan View Post
I have personally seen his car and he mods them in such a fashion that it does not spoil the looks or stands out oddly. Careful part selection.
Thanks a lot Santhosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp View Post
An excellent sleeper. The car looks bone stock outside inspite of all the mods done.
Thank you. A Polo TSI has already had an engine swap with a 1.8 so I assume that it should be possible on a Vento. If someone could help me to solve the puzzle if a manual 1.8 tsi from a Laura would go well with my dq200 gearbox .
I got the BBK hand carried by a friend from Spain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi.mariner View Post
Wonderful write-up Sharan1988 and Happy Motoring with your truly Sleeper Vento. Is the DQ200 Gearbox for the Vento able to handle all the extra power from the Remap without any long term reliability concerns?
Thank you for your kind words. To be honest, power isn't too much post remap so I doubt there would be any problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveforjeeps93 View Post
Hi, your car looks well with all those modifications.
I own a Vento as well and was interested in doing some of the modifications myself. Would appreciate any leads than can be given by you for the same.
Thank you.
1. Got them on Aliexpress and made my own wiring as it needs to be connected to our light switch.
2.I changed the front alone just to check. I got them hand carried as shipping them from Germany would increase the cost significantly.
3. Got them from Aliexpress too but the seller I bought from has stopped selling them now.

Last edited by ampere : 12th May 2019 at 19:32. Reason: trimmed quoted post
sharan1988 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th May 2019, 07:01   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharan1988 View Post
2.I changed the front alone just to check. I got them hand carried as shipping them from Germany..
What did you do during and after this job to ensure there are no rattles?
Old 12th May 2019, 09:59   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatbits View Post
What did you do during and after this job to ensure there are no rattles?
The speakers come with a thick gel like layer behind them. So there is no rattle what do ever.
Volkswagen Vento TSI with mods & accessories  –  My institution for learning-f7207c9f60e149d78dfe45c3e0ec4820.jpeg
sharan1988 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th May 2019, 10:52   #23
BHPian

Quote:
The speakers come with a thick gel like layer behind them. So there is no rattle what do ever.
I wanted to say that removal and refitting of panels doesn't give factory fitting again and could lead to rattles. I am usually wary about about removing panels. I removed the door pad for a broken inside door latch of the left door and now it has been rattling since then.
bharatbits is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th May 2019, 12:03   #24
BHPian

Quote:
1. Got them on Aliexpress and made my own wiring as it needs to be connected to our light switch.
Can you share the details please?

I was very close to buying the same from Aliexpress but the connectors were different. Hence dropped the plan.

The OEM Vento cabin lights, are the same as Polo too?
Old 12th May 2019, 19:06   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatbits View Post
I wanted to say that removal and refitting of panels doesn't give factory fitting again and could lead to rattles. I am usually wary about about removing panels. I removed the door pad for a broken inside door latch of the left door and now it has been rattling since then.
Never had problems removing and refitting them. Just need to make sure that all the clips are intact because they break easily.
sharan1988 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th May 2019, 01:11   #26
BHPian

Hello
Nice mods !! especially the mechanical parts such as the brakes; suspension and the remap. Where did u manage to do these in Chennai?
atlantis0965 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2019, 14:57   #27
BHPian

Hey Sharan,

You've got one of the most underrated cars in India and the TSI DSG is a bliss to drive. Loved the mods you have done to your car and I assume that the same things can be replicated on a Polo GT as well.

Only thing is that one needs to find a proper FNG to maintain VW cars and the LEDs said about the VWA.S.S, the better.
Old 13th May 2019, 16:52   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantis0965 View Post
Hello
Nice mods !! especially the mechanical parts such as the brakes; suspension and the remap. Where did u manage to do these in Chennai?
Thank you. Most of the mods which didn't required heavy machinery I did it myself at home and rest I got it done through a garage near my house in Adyar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jithin23 View Post
You've got one of the most underrated cars in India and the TSI DSG is a bliss to drive. Loved the mods you have done to your car and I assume that the same things can be replicated on a Polo GT as well.

Only thing is that one needs to find a proper FNG to maintain VW cars and the LEDs said about the VWA.S.S, the better.
Thank you. I have got most of the tools to sort smaller issues and OBDeleven to diagnose through software. Also Volkswagen service centre has been has been kind enough to help me fix issues if I run into problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adneeraj View Post
Wow.. Truly a wolf with sheep's clothing if I can say that!
Sourcing the correct parts, the felt lining inside door panels, paddle shifter steering wheel, an upgraded RCD and speakers, Remap... You've kept upgrading the car in true sense.
I could buy it without batting an eye if I'm on the lookout...
Please keep updating.
Thank you. I try to keep my car looking as stock as possible.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 13th May 2019 at 17:11. Reason: Back to back posts
Old 13th May 2019, 18:00   #29

You have done a good job in modding things that matter and leaving the exterior clean and humble. What are the 0-100 timings post the remap and also I feel a good set of black rims will add to her allure as it will be complemented by the red callipers which she already flaunts.
$tar_boy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2019, 22:53   #30
BHPian

Impressive modifications and accessories. Coincidentally mine is also a Vento TSI same colour. My 2016 model already had auto dimming IRVM.

The two things I desire from your list are:
1. Auto headlight and 2. Anti glare outside mirror
What are the changes involved, meaning which parts have to be changed?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks