Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2019, 22:44   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: iPHCAR Bi-Xenon Projector Foglamp upgrade (Blaze India)

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenvenkatesh View Post
Thanks. That was helpful. However, i was referring to the car internal switches that accomplishes high/low position of the fog lamps. Are they (high/low position of the fog) integrated to high/low switch of the car min lamp or independent switches are added for this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
There is no separate switch in my setup and the Fog Lights are in sync with the High Beam and Low Beam of the Primary Headlights. The wiring from the Fog Lights are connected to the High Beam wiring so when one switches on the High Beam, the Fog Light also switches to High Beam.
iPHCAR Bi-Xenon Projector Foglamp upgrade (Blaze India)-wiring-copy.jpg
Wiring most commonly done.

iPHCAR Bi-Xenon Projector Foglamp upgrade (Blaze India)-wiring.jpg
The wiring I had done earlier.

Now I've tapped low beam of headlights for fog high beam. So when I switch on fog lamps, only fogs work. When I switch on low beam of headlights, still only fog low beam will work. High beam activates only when I click on the switch on my gear lever. The fog lamp high beam is independent of the headlight high beam.

iPHCAR Bi-Xenon Projector Foglamp upgrade (Blaze India)-img_20190924_213705.jpg
My current setup.
  1. Fog lamp switch on - Micro Fog low beam on.
  2. 1 plus headlight's low beam on - Both Micro fogs as well as headlights work in low beam only.
  3. 2 plus gear lever switch on - Micro fogs high beam also activated with headlight's low beam only.
  4. 3 plus headlight high beam on - All in high beam now.
  5. Gear lever switch off - Only headlights in high beam, Micro fogs in low beam only.
  6. Fog lamp switch off - Headlights working as per the switch position.

Some more details here - Link (Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+)

Last edited by BoneCollector : 24th September 2019 at 22:46.
BoneCollector is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th October 2019, 16:05   #17
BHPian

Thanks for the detailed write-up. I am also contemplating the upgrade in my Punto. Though the illumination in pictures looks great, I would request you to give a brief idea about the real world (highways, cities) difference they make. Asking because the real visibility issue I face is while driving on roads with traffic. On dark roads the stock lamps lit up the path nicely.
Old 18th October 2019, 21:08   #18

While I have multiple sets of these fog projectors, sourced from IPH, XP and a few others, they are not the same and have subtle differences.

That being said, these only give the "perception" of better visibility.

The reason I say perception is, while yes, the road in front of you gets clearly lit, our distance vision gets absolutely killed.

OEM projectors have "Foreground Limiters" to limit the amount of light that falls directly in front of the car. This helps preserve distance vision
RodeoSport is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th March 2020, 12:54   #19
BHPian

Quote:
If you are looking for Projector Fog Lamps for your car, then I would give the iPHCAR Fog Lamps a big thumbs up and a big thumbs up to the seller Blaze India for superb pricing and support.
Hi there, thank you so much for the detailed post. The photos help a lot. I am also considering projectors in my fog lamps. I have 3 questions:
1. What is the mentioned temperature? Looks like to be 5500K.
2. How about after sales support? How will it work if something goes wrong during the warranty period and post it?
3. Though the performance is so good in the photos, the projectors' horizontal alignment looks bad, it is towards outer sides of the way ahead. The left one should point a bit to the right and the right one should point a bit to left. Do they set this alignment? Is there an inbuilt mechanism that can align the beams? If not, can they do it however during installation?

Thanks in advance,
Ashish
Old 16th March 2020, 14:03   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
1. What is the mentioned temperature? Looks like to be 5500K.
Correct. There are other options as well such as 3000K and 6000K. Or you could get your own H11 Bulb and just buy the Fog Projector Assembly also.

Quote:
2. How about after sales support? How will it work if something goes wrong during the warranty period and post it?
Blaze India person assures that he will support for 1 Year in case of issues. You would need to re-confirm at the time of purchase and ensure you have the commitment.

Quote:
3. Though the performance is so good in the photos, the projectors' horizontal alignment looks bad, it is towards outer sides of the way ahead. The left one should point a bit to the right and the right one should point a bit to left. Do they set this alignment? Is there an inbuilt mechanism that can align the beams? If not, can they do it however during installation?
There are no adjustment screws on these Fog Lamps and hence no further fine tuning is possible. At the time of fitment of Fog Lamps, some position changes can be done but there is not too much scope.
vsrivatsa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2020, 02:06   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Blaze India person assures that he will support for 1 Year in case of issues. You would need to re-confirm at the time of purchase and ensure you have the commitment.
I had purchased a set of projectors for my fog lamp and the seller was very helpful. He even sent an extra set of projectors just in case the first set didn't fit in my car.
There ends the fairy tale part. The seller had sent hid bulbs which had different kelvin ratings but inspite of repeatedly sending him pictures of the colour difference they failed to send me a replacement.
I am not trying to defame the seller but sharing my personal experience.
Akib Khan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2020, 08:54   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akib Khan View Post
I had purchased a set of projectors for my fog lamp and the seller was very helpful. He even sent an extra set of projectors just in case the first set didn't fit in my car.
There ends the fairy tale part. The seller had sent hid bulbs which had different kelvin ratings but inspite of repeatedly sending him pictures of the colour difference they failed to send me a replacement.
I am not trying to defame the seller but sharing my personal experience.
Which seller? Can you please mention your seller's details for everyone's benefit here?
Old 17th March 2020, 08:56   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Which seller? Can you please mention your seller's details for everyone's benefit here?
I am really sorry. The seller was Blaze India.
Akib Khan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2020, 17:58   #24
BHPian

Dear seniors,
can you please post after use experience with blaze India and their projectors?

For my swift dzire 2016, I am planning to install HID Bi-Xenon projectors in my fog lamps and Bi-LED projectors in my headlamps, both from Blaze India.
Old 11th April 2020, 19:26   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbhavesh View Post
For my swift dzire 2016, I am planning to install HID Bi-Xenon projectors in my fog lamps and Bi-LED projectors in my headlamps, both from Blaze India.
Do you want to light up the road ahead or your entire neighborhood?
audioholic is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th April 2020, 19:46   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Do you want to light up the road ahead or your entire neighborhood?

No no.. actually I am quite sensitive and cautious about blinding oncoming traffic and I would never do it.

My daily driving is 80km and 40km of it is highway drive without any light. The highway crosses through industrial zone and it has many companies like Reliance, L&T, ONGC, HP, NTPC etc. And because of this, there are many many trucks on the road which all has 90/100 setting on their headlights. At times, I am completely blind without any visibility ahead of me. That's why I want to get as much light as I can. Of course, I won't be using all the lights together unless I absolutely have to. My plan is that I will drive primarily with my HID fog lights and use headlamps for dipper and times when I need extra light.
Old 11th April 2020, 21:09   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

No no.. actually I am quite sensitive and cautious about blinding oncoming traffic and I would never do it.
My daily driving is 80km and 40km of it is highway drive without any light. The highway crosses through industrial zone and it has many companies like Reliance, L&T, ONGC, HP, NTPC etc. And because of this, there are many many trucks on the road which all has 90/100 setting on their headlights.

I appreciate that you are sensitive about not blinding others. However, do keep in mind one thing - Excessive lighting is not good, even if you dont blind others. The low beam of two projectors running HID is more than sufficient for any type of regular driving scenario. The high beam of the same projector is again pretty sufficient to ward off any oncoming vehicle using high beam. If you run two pairs of projectors, ie two in the main beam and two in the fog lights, the low beam will be so strong that your background vision will take a hit and you would not be able to spot objects outside the beam area well, which is not safe. Too bright a low beam will end up in a contrasted vision of the road which will lead to nasty surprises when using low beam, such as a dog crossing the road etc. Hence, please do not go overboard with the lighting of your car, especially the low beams which you will primarily use. If this had no significance, manufacturers could have given very bright low beams since they dont cause harm to others on the road.

Hence, if you ever toy the idea of having two pairs of projectors, then I strongly suggest you use the low beams of two projectors, and use the other two only in high beam which I will assure be so bright, you might even end up in bringing more trouble in case you startle the oncoming driver and blind him more than you intend to.

Take my own case, I was running 100/90 bulbs on my SX4 all the while for many years and they were pretty sufficient in all conditions. I got these HID projectors in the fog light casually since the existing fog lights had aged and it was a waste of electrical energy running them. The HID projectors are so strong that the 100/90 bulbs have lost all their might in front of these. Even on the road, I feel that the projectors are more than sufficient. Its only in high beam that the halogen really shines with a bright hotspot whereas the high beam of the projector just opens up the cutoff plate and increases the field of view. The combination of both is deadly. Hence, I am thinking of disabling the high beam of the projector and use only the halogen high beam while leaving the projector in low beam mode. This combination I guess will give you both an evenly spread low beam, and a focussed high beam.

To conclude, first get the fog lights changed, or the headlights one at a time. If you still feel the output is insufficient, try using anti glare spectacles if you dont use one, it works wonders for me and my dad. Even if thats not working, then consider getting the second pair of projectors. Also keep in mind that proper focussing of the projectors will make or break your experience.
audioholic is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 11th April 2020, 21:41   #28
BHPian

Thank you very much audioholic for detailed reply and sharing your own experience. I will definitely keep all the things in mind.

Regarding that Anti glare glasses, can you please tell me which one is it? I tried few but didn't work for me. If you can please share a link to it, that would be really great.
Drbhavesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th April 2020, 11:34   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Regarding that Anti glare glasses, can you please tell me which one is it? I tried few but didn't work for me. If you can please share a link to it, that would be really great.
Nothing but the lens you get for prescription spectacles. I have mild shortsight for which I use glasses. I have tried different glasses and found that the ones with double anti glare coating or blue cut lenses work pretty well at night. Currently me and dad both use Zeiss lens and at night they keep the bright lights localized to the source and hence we can concentrate on the rest of the road. My dad who is 58 had issues with clarity at night when oncoming traffic was present but after he switched to wearing these glasses he is confident now and has no issues maintaining good speed at night.
audioholic is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th April 2020, 16:05   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akib Khan View Post
I am really sorry. The seller was Blaze India.
How long ago was this? If possible try reaching out to him again and quote this Team-BHP article. Blaze India guy mentioned that he would be willing to help/replace if you can share sufficient evidence of purchase and inattention from their side when I shared this info with him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
The HID projectors are so strong that the 100/90 bulbs have lost all their might in front of these. Its only in high beam that the halogen really shines with a bright hotspot whereas the high beam of the projector just opens up the cutoff plate and increases the field of view. The combination of both is deadly. Hence, I am thinking of disabling the high beam of the projector and use only the halogen high beam while leaving the projector in low beam mode.
Interesting findings. Adding a separate High-Low switch for the Fog Projector would be a better option than permanently leaving the Fog in Low Beam.

In my case, the Headlights do not have a Projector Setup and like what you said Fog Projector was overpowering the High Beam. Then I changed the High Beam bulb again to Nineo Gen II (URL) and adjusted the High Beam throw and now there is distinction between the High Beam of the Headlight and that of the Projector Fog.
vsrivatsa is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks