Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 24th September 2019, 22:44   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: iPHCAR Bi-Xenon Projector Foglamp upgrade (Blaze India)

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenvenkatesh View Post
Thanks. That was helpful. However, i was referring to the car internal switches that accomplishes high/low position of the fog lamps. Are they (high/low position of the fog) integrated to high/low switch of the car min lamp or independent switches are added for this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
There is no separate switch in my setup and the Fog Lights are in sync with the High Beam and Low Beam of the Primary Headlights. The wiring from the Fog Lights are connected to the High Beam wiring so when one switches on the High Beam, the Fog Light also switches to High Beam.
Name:  Wiring  Copy.jpg
Views: 908
Size:  170.2 KB
Wiring most commonly done.

Name:  Wiring.jpg
Views: 905
Size:  187.4 KB
The wiring I had done earlier.

Now I've tapped low beam of headlights for fog high beam. So when I switch on fog lamps, only fogs work. When I switch on low beam of headlights, still only fog low beam will work. High beam activates only when I click on the switch on my gear lever. The fog lamp high beam is independent of the headlight high beam.

iPHCAR Bi-Xenon Projector Foglamp upgrade (Blaze India)-img_20190924_213705.jpg
My current setup.
  1. Fog lamp switch on - Micro Fog low beam on.
  2. 1 plus headlight's low beam on - Both Micro fogs as well as headlights work in low beam only.
  3. 2 plus gear lever switch on - Micro fogs high beam also activated with headlight's low beam only.
  4. 3 plus headlight high beam on - All in high beam now.
  5. Gear lever switch off - Only headlights in high beam, Micro fogs in low beam only.
  6. Fog lamp switch off - Headlights working as per the switch position.

Some more details here - Link (Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+)

Last edited by BoneCollector : 24th September 2019 at 22:46.
BoneCollector is online now   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2019, 16:05   #17
BHPian

Thanks for the detailed write-up. I am also contemplating the upgrade in my Punto. Though the illumination in pictures looks great, I would request you to give a brief idea about the real world (highways, cities) difference they make. Asking because the real visibility issue I face is while driving on roads with traffic. On dark roads the stock lamps lit up the path nicely.
Moto_Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2019, 21:08   #18

While I have multiple sets of these fog projectors, sourced from IPH, XP and a few others, they are not the same and have subtle differences.

That being said, these only give the "perception" of better visibility.

The reason I say perception is, while yes, the road in front of you gets clearly lit, our distance vision gets absolutely killed.

OEM projectors have "Foreground Limiters" to limit the amount of light that falls directly in front of the car. This helps preserve distance vision
RodeoSport is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote