Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2007, 22:36   #16
Senior - BHPian

Nice work. the front air dam is too big and oversized. The black color hides the contours.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRK View Post
Can you tell me how did you manage to do it yourself...
Just like ShahJahan made the Taj Mahal.
Old 1st March 2007, 10:43   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainsokhi View Post
nice work beeman
and yes, even i wanna knw how u made it yourself...
Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
@Beeman....
Bad bits:
The front chin spoiler 'sticks' out too much.
The rear bumper is too big, infact even bigger than the boot itself.
The rim size is a wee-bit small, opt for bigger ones.
Good Bits:
Side skirts are nicely done.
Front mesh grille is good.

Overall very nicely done, considering its your first effort. There's not much one can do to improve the looks of the current elantra.
Well one bit that i forgot to tell you that one of my companies does some fiberglass work , so while the designing and fitment was done by me, the actual product came from my engineers. So its not an easy diy that i can put here. Plus there was a lot of trial and error!

Regarding the car yes i opted for 15" because i live on the outskirts and the roads aren't too good i didn't want to end up with a busted suspension. in 16" its hard to find good alloys for the elantra(at least 2 years ago it was!!!)

The front chin was a bone of contention even when it was under-development but it was something i wanted and if you see the car actually it does not stick out that much........heck why iam i even saying that...............i love it that way dude...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Nice work. the front air dam is too big and oversized. The black color hides the contours.

Just like ShahJahan made the Taj Mahal.
wow!! someone just told me on an american forum the other day that it was too small.......... ...........yes black does have the tendency to do that so thats why certain design aspects were made larger otherwise it made the car design too subtle........

And lastly aptly put Mpower i did have some hands chopped off and only god knows what i spent?!!

ps. Thanks all of you for your appreciation. Makes the effort worth it..
Old 1st March 2007, 12:18   #18
BHPian

I respect everyones suggestion but i think the every thing is just perfect

but surely he does need some add on you can install tints law has been

passed 50% are legal now everywhere even chandigarh...
Old 1st March 2007, 13:02   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeman View Post
The front chin was a bone of contention even when it was under-development but it was something i wanted and if you see the car actually it does not stick out that much........heck why iam i even saying that...............i love it that way dude...
Just my opinion... also since the surface of the chin spoiler is reflecting and mirrored, therefore it might be giving an illusion of being sticking out too much.
Old 1st March 2007, 16:25   #20
Senior - BHPian

Kit looks nice, pretty good for first timer,
The rear bumper looks a little bigger and lower than it sould have been, but that again is a personal preference,
I would suggest a small rubber fin spoiler at the back, will look really neat with the color of your car.
Cheers
Old 1st March 2007, 16:25   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Just my opinion... also since the surface of the chin spoiler is reflecting and mirrored, therefore it might be giving an illusion of being sticking out too much.
Well you are right there extreme_torque..........it does make it seem like it juts out in certain lights. It does come out as well, not that it is flush with the top half of the bumper. So you are not totally wrong......your point is valid

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueraven316
The rear bumper looks a little bigger and lower than it sould have been, but that again is a personal preference,
I would suggest a small rubber fin spoiler at the back, will look really neat with the color of your car.
Cheers
Im not exactly sure what a rubber fin spoiler is?! can u illustrate with a picture.....Thanks for the comments!!

Last edited by Beeman : 1st March 2007 at 16:29.
Old 1st March 2007, 16:30   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueraven316 View Post
Cheers
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHIP View Post
I respect everyones suggestion but i think the every thing is just perfect

but surely he does need some add on you can install tints law has been

passed 50% are legal now everywhere even chandigarh...
Thanks for your comments man . Are u sure about the tints, dont wanna be hassled by a cop who says that "no it seems more like 50% to me....."
Old 1st March 2007, 17:35   #23
nbr
BHPian

CHECK THIS OUT. HE HAD AGAIN DOEN SOME CHANGES ,WILL POST IT ONCE HE FINISHES IT

Old 1st March 2007, 17:53   #24
Team-BHP Support

i dont like this mod job at all. theres no bodykit. but theres a gt spoiler.. and he has oakley and espn written.. haha.. methinks this should be in the weird and wacky thread.
Old 1st March 2007, 23:09   #25
BHPian

Yes me sure man i have been using it for 2 months no problem just install the tints from Bansal motors in sarabha nagar i have installed in my civic also no problem.........Goo on....
Old 2nd March 2007, 10:27   #26
BHPian

That car that nbr posted doesnt look like from india.
Some amazing elantra's are on this forum elantraxd.com.......mine is there too......
I know the tints would look great........just a tad bit unsure............
Already have the spoiler up......posting pictures soon........

Last edited by Beeman : 2nd March 2007 at 10:29.
Old 2nd March 2007, 12:49   #27
BHPian

Waiting for the pics I want to see the elantra with Spoiler and about the tints install it any problems call me ill Send you my number and tell me the source from where you made these Skirts............
Old 2nd March 2007, 14:32   #28
Senior - BHPian

Could not manage to get a pic pf the spoiler but it is based on the same theme of spoiler below, about 1/2 the size and is made of rubber, like a small fin along the edge of the boot.

Old 3rd March 2007, 10:52   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHIP View Post
Waiting for the pics I want to see the elantra with Spoiler and about the tints install it any problems call me ill Send you my number and tell me the source from where you made these Skirts............
Dude i made these skirts and whole kit my self. I have the dies for them so i can change the skirt whenever i want to. This was my 3rd design......before i finally decided what i wanted...

Ok 2 quick pictures with the spoiler...........wanted something that was plain and merged with the back rather than stuck out on an already exagarated boot treatment...

Last edited by Beeman : 3rd March 2007 at 11:11.
Old 6th March 2007, 14:08   #30
BHPian

beeman-great job on your 1st attempt,but like some said,the rear bumper is too low slung and the skirt in the front jutting out too much[like dart vader helmet].your spoiler looks neat and simple,the mesh jobs neat too,paint jobs excellent,add a muffler tip, its got a big gap there.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks