Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2007, 15:26   #1
BHPian

My 1st thread and my first mods on my car.

Hi all!,

A big thanks to moralfibre aka Kiran,Ashvinnadig and Johnson(moral's friend) for the entire effort.
A special thanks to moralfibre who not only procured the r-active filter for me but arranged for the connector as well.
A true car enthusiast/car lover/car freak = MORAL FIBRE.Trust me guys he is one hell of a bloke.
Check out the pics and the clean work.
http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/6...084yu61uy7.jpg
http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/1...082vn31gs5.jpg

Rahul.
Old 9th March 2007, 19:52   #2
elf
BANNED

Careful now...

Hey Rahul! Congrats & welcome to the club!

I see you've used a plastic pipe diameter expander & pipes commonly used in the plumbing industry.

While there's no problem in doing that, make sure that they are glued on with the glue / plastic cement you get from any hardware store for plastic pipes, else the heat from your engine bay & exhaust manifold will expand them & cause them to rattle &/or fall off.

Also be careful when applying the glue - it's extremely flammable when wet.
  1. Open your filter & connecting pipes when the engine's cold.
  2. Apply liberally to the insides of the larger diameter pipes & outside of the smaller diameter pipes.
  3. Piece them together & leave alone for about an hour or so to dry.
  4. Refit your filter to the pipe, making sure you haven't glued your filter too.
  5. Enjoy your performance.
Old 9th March 2007, 20:00   #3
Team-BHP Support

Hi Elf, Thanks for the comments. We used a PVC adhesive for sticking the 3 inch to 2.5 inch converter. It worked well and we ensured that it was stuck well before we fixed the pipe. I am in the hunt for a person who will be able to do a custom steel pipe for his car and I have a filter lying around for my car too but it will be fit only once we procure a steel pipe.

Disclaimer: We did Rahul's car without any commercial interests.
Old 9th March 2007, 20:04   #4
elf
BANNED

Great to hear that they've been sealed properly, moralfibre.

And no, I wasn't insinuating that it was a shoddy job at all, just a heads up, because I didn't stick the pipes first (they seal great when cold) & had the problem mentioned when I did mine on my earlier car.
Old 9th March 2007, 20:19   #5
Team-BHP Support

Elf, any tips on getting a steel pipe done for Rahul's car? You have free flow filter on your car right? Does it have a steel pipe on it? Any pictures would be great help.
Old 10th March 2007, 01:11   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Elf, any tips on getting a steel pipe done for Rahul's car? You have free flow filter on your car right? Does it have a steel pipe on it? Any pictures would be great help.
Moral,
Why are u guys making the same mistake with the installations of the Intake system.. with what you have done u will actually not be getting any gain.. I have mentioned this before to you... If you come for the sunday meet I will explain the mistake with the install.. Not that this is bad.. But it doesnt really suit the purpose...
Cheers

Last edited by EVO6 : 10th March 2007 at 01:14.
Old 10th March 2007, 01:20   #7
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVO6 View Post
Moral,
Why are u guys making the same mistake with the installations of the Intake system.. with what you have done u will actually not be getting any gain.. I have mentioned this before to you... If you come for the sunday meet I will explain the mistake with the install.. Not that this is bad.. But it doesnt really suit the purpose...
Cheers
Hey EVO thanks for pointing this out. We want to relocate the filter to the bumper but the issue with the engine bay is routing. It would be great to get some tips from you. This install is temporary and requires a lot of change!
Old 10th March 2007, 01:30   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Hey EVO thanks for pointing this out. We want to relocate the filter to the bumper but the issue with the engine bay is routing. It would be great to get some tips from you. This install is temporary and requires a lot of change!
Lets meet up and see how we can go about it.. I can suggest some things which you might get readily in india for routing the intake..
Cheeers
Old 10th March 2007, 01:38   #9
Team-BHP Support

I can sure count on you buddy. Thanks for the help.
Old 10th March 2007, 04:36   #10
BHPian

hey moral
i saw you are looking for a ss pipe installer i know some one who has done that for me and team-fiat and u already met him with me on speedrun he is team-bhpian take a look at these two pics:
Old 10th March 2007, 05:45   #11
BHPian

I am in the hunt for a person who will be able to do a custom steel pipe for his car and I have a filter lying around for my car too but it will be fit only once we procure a steel pipe.

dude
i know some one who has done it well on my car and team-fiat and u already met him with me in speedrun
take a look at these pics:

Old 10th March 2007, 10:51   #12
BHPian

[HTML]Hey Rahul! Congrats & welcome to the club!
[/HTML]
Thanks elf.....for the welcome and the tips.was eyeing for this mod since the past one year.Next in line is ffe.

[HTML]Moral,
Why are u guys making the same mistake with the installations of the Intake system.. with what you have done u will actually not be getting any gain.. [/HTML]

Hey evo....hope there is no loss or harm with this setup...

[HTML]Hey EVO thanks for pointing this out. We want to relocate the filter to the bumper but the issue with the engine bay is routing[/HTML]

Moral - Like I mentioned the other day...can the battery and filter places be swiped?Something like payam has posted battery is still seen in the pic.

Evo/Elf/payam and calling other experts - your suggestions/comments on the above mentioned setup with possible gains.

Rahul.
Old 10th March 2007, 13:33   #13
elf
BANNED

@moralfibre: I'm lucky because the Lancer is a straight fit for the 3" original K&N pipe that I had. Just had to chop it up a little.

Contact viper or EVO6 - they should be able to help you out.

And yes, the plastic pipe I had really sucked!

@payam: That's a beautiful finish on that chrome pipe! Even I want one!
Old 10th March 2007, 13:53   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by elf View Post
@moralfibre: I'm lucky because the Lancer is a straight fit for the 3" original K&N pipe that I had. Just had to chop it up a little.

Contact viper or EVO6 - they should be able to help you out.

And yes, the plastic pipe I had really sucked!

@payam: That's a beautiful finish on that chrome pipe! Even I want one!
ELF,
There is guy in pune who has auto pipe bending machine.. he also does some exhaust work here.. dunno if the same guy has done this..
Cheers
Old 10th March 2007, 14:56   #15
Senior - BHPian

Im lucky this thread has started. Welcome Rahul!
Im gonna be watching this thread coz i just got a pre-owned 1.6 with the sole motive of turning it into a Hotter Hot Hatch. As ive never had the opportunity to own or even ride in a 1.6,(can you believe that?) I just went with the tide and when I got a deal, I jumped on it. The car will be delivered to me on Monday after which am gona bug all u guys who've already tinkered with your GTXs, as the best way do anything on a machine is t0 ask the guys who've been there, done that.
As for Moralfibre, I think he a swell and a very helpful dude. Ive sampled his helpfulness (is there a word like this?) even tough i could'nt meet him when I was in Poona. Lets hear it for Kiran=Moralfibre

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks