Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2020, 19:02   #31
BHPian

Re: Fill in the blanks! Ideas to fill up blank / dummy buttons in cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrey_1520 View Post
Hello,

I have a installed front parking sensors on my Nexon and its switch(on-off rocker) is loosely fixed next to the steering wheel. It keeps coming off and suspends itself :(

Would it be possible to use one of the blanks on the Dashboard Fascia to install push on/off switch for this purpose? I could not really find such a individual switch when I was searching online. Any suggestions/help greatly appreciated.
Hi Shrey_1520, Welcome to the forum.
I'm not sure your post here will have a lot of people with knowledge of the tiago looking. You should post on the tiago official review thread, lot of tiago owners there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
switch
Hit D-BHPian Reinhard up. He might be able to help you . He's the kind of DIY. Especially when it comes to tata.
viXit is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st September 2020, 20:34   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrey_1520 View Post
Would it be possible to use one of the blanks on the Dashboard Fascia to install push on/off switch for this purpose? I could not really find such a individual switch when I was searching online. Any suggestions/help greatly appreciated.
Well - if you really want to do it - you can open the module & add a simple push button 2 pin dimple behind the switch itself. But it is a bit over the top. Not worth the effort required. Also - unlike Maruti etc, the switches actually are not independent in our cars. The whole horizontal strip actually is a single module in the back with a single connector for all switches & single piece assembly altogether. So realistically - no its not possible to plug into the dummies. Its a real bummer. Those who want to give pre-molded units like this and not replace-able caps like in simple Marutis - for aesthetic gains - should then include disconnected push button at the bank with open wires to use in future. Otherwise - first it looks good & then it immediately looks STUPID.

I suggest you get a good looking toggle switch and install it near the right knee - on the dashboard. Its a convenient place to use without looking while driving.
Quote:
Originally Posted by viXit View Post
Hit D-BHPian Reinhard up. He might be able to help you . He's the kind of DIY. Especially when it comes to tata.
That's flattering!

Last edited by Reinhard : 21st September 2020 at 20:37.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2020, 15:00   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avinash_m View Post
Excellent topic for a thread!

Mine is also a Storme, of 2016 make (V400 4X2). Unlike the ones which were manufactured in later 2017-18 (until production stopped), which had a charging point below the ICE unit, mine had the cigrette lighter there and the blank on the 4x4 switch side.
Being a sucker for OE look and feel, I decided to retain the lighter as is and did a DIY to add a separate dedicated charging point.
Could you share more pics .
Also of the diy if you have?

What happened to your VTEC? the thread was closed abruptly..
Old 24th October 2020, 12:01   #34
BHPian

Excellent thread.

Can someone suggest where or how to print and put stickers with same font and size for XUV500 dummy buttons?

1. Eject
2. Blow-up
3. Take-off
etc. ��

I thought of printing it in OHP plastic but putting it would not be neat. So dropped the idea.
Old 24th October 2020, 19:22   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viXit View Post
Could you share more pics .
Also of the diy if you have?

What happened to your VTEC? the thread was closed abruptly..
Sorry for the delayed response. I lost the pics (by mistake) when I changed my phone. Never got to post it here on the forum.

Offtopic: Since you've asked, the VTEC was totalled in a standalone incident in Mumbai.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks