Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2022, 18:48   #31
BHPian

Re: Gloss/Protection in disguise at the cost of peanuts | Sonax BSD | Ratio (1:2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artyom View Post
Few Questions:-
1. How is the coating performing on the rest of the panels apart from hood and boot? Is the Hydrophobicity and Shine still intact?
Shine is almost similar but Hood and Boot have ZERO Hydrophobicity

2. When was the first wash done post coating? Was it within 7 days of coating the vehicle?
I think it was done on 5th day.

3. If I may ask which brand of coating was it and did the detailer specify if its a 1 year or 2 year or 4 year coating?
Brand was Wurth . 1 Year

4. Do you see a lot swirls on the hood and boot as compared to the rest of the body?
I take a lot of precaution in order to avoid swirls, so overall vehicle has very limited swirls

5. Was the Altis washed before the application?
Yes, although not shampoo washed as I was only experimenting a small portion.

6. If you swipe your hand on the hood and the bot do you feel roughness ?
There is no roughness but at the same time that silky slippery butter like smoothness is lost.(I used all possible words to define it hahah)
Old 21st February 2022, 17:53   #32
BHPian

Re: Gloss/Protection in disguise at the cost of peanuts | Sonax BSD | Ratio (1:2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by goenkakushal View Post
1. How is the coating performing on the rest of the panels apart from hood and boot? Is the Hydrophobicity and Shine still intact?
Shine is almost similar but Hood and Boot have ZERO Hydrophobicity

2. When was the first wash done post coating? Was it within 7 days of coating the vehicle?
I think it was done on 5th day.

3. If I may ask which brand of coating was it and did the detailer specify if its a 1 year or 2 year or 4 year coating?
Brand was Wurth . 1 Year

4. Do you see a lot swirls on the hood and boot as compared to the rest of the body?
I take a lot of precaution in order to avoid swirls, so overall vehicle has very limited swirls

5. Was the Altis washed before the application?
Yes, although not shampoo washed as I was only experimenting a small portion.

6. If you swipe your hand on the hood and the bot do you feel roughness ?
There is no roughness but at the same time that silky slippery butter like smoothness is lost.(I used all possible words to define it hahah)
1.That is quite strange because usually both the characteristics are exhibited simultaneously.

2.Usually post coating the vehicle should not be washed for at least 7 days for the coating to bond properly. Not sure if the detailer informed you about it or not.

3.Are you sure it was a ceramic coating and not a sealant? Can you share the name of the product like exact name. Even if its a sealant it should till last for at least a few months.

5.Please do a proper wash with a car shampoo and then please apply the sealant and it should perform as expected.

->Based upon your responses I would suggest you talk to the detailer, explain him the situation, and express your dissatisfaction .Possibly he should do some maintenance or top-up to get the desired result back. Again depends how fair and reasonable the detailer is

-> I would advise to try the above option first and then in case that doesn't yield a desired result then everything is in your hands. A proper wash followed by a layer or 2 of any sealant( Sonax BSD ) or ceramic spray(Turtle Wax Ceramic spray or Wax) can be applied . That should bring the shine and slickness back.

->Another product which i can recommend is Carpro Hydr02. Below is my review ( https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showt...errerid=574755 (CarPro Hydr02 Silica Spray Sealant) ). See if it suits your requirement.
Old 25th March 2023, 18:29   #33
BHPian

Can someone help me understand the difference between Sonax BSD and Sonax xtreme BSD? Is it just the concentration that former can be directly applied and latter has to be diluted?

Also any feedback on the Sonax plastic detailer for plastic surfaces?
thanixravindran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2023, 20:59   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanixravindran View Post
Can someone help me understand the difference between Sonax BSD and Sonax xtreme BSD? Is it just the concentration that former can be directly applied and latter has to be diluted?

Also any feedback on the Sonax plastic detailer for plastic surfaces?
I didnt know Xtreme BSD has also hit the market.
Sonax Plastic detailers are really good.I am using their Cockpit Cleaner Matte Finish and Interior Detailer and very happy with them.In Fact I found all the products from Sonax value for money.
Attached Thumbnails
Gloss/Protection in disguise at the cost of peanuts | Sonax BSD | Ratio (1:2)-949c3b8fe7e847a1b0cdac65f3333397.jpeg  

Artyom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th March 2023, 21:14   #35
BHPian

Quote:
I didnt know Xtreme BSD has also hit the market..
Thanks Artyom. Your first post on this thread has Sonax Xtreme BSD picture. I guess you would have imported at that time.

Below is the Amazon link. It just costs 20 rupees more than BSD.

Sonax Xtreme Brilliant Shine Detailer | Outstanding Paint Reflection and A Deep Shine | Waterless wash coating Booster - 750ml https://amzn.eu/d/a6SEC0K

For standard BSD, the application seems to be direct without dilution as per Amazon.
Sonax 287400 Brilliant Shine Detailer 750 ml https://amzn.eu/d/ikPKBSJ

Only thing is I was not sure whether I can directly use xtreme without diluting. I see you have recommended dilution for best results I am too lazy

My car is not ceramic coated and lost its water beading. I am thinking to do Turtle wax and then using the BSD post wash.
thanixravindran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2023, 22:29   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanixravindran View Post
Only thing is I was not sure whether I can directly use xtreme without diluting. I see you have recommended dilution for best results I am too lazy

My car is not ceramic coated and lost its water beading. I am thinking to do Turtle wax and then using the BSD post wash.
You don't need to dilute xtreme bsd. I am using it for more than a year without any issues. If the surface is fully dry then wiping it off is bit more work than spraying it on to the surface soon after wash/dry and wiping it off. Also for water beading you just need BSD.
sreerknair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2023, 14:14   #37
BHPian

Are there any products from Sonax or any other brand that can be used to get rid of the dirt on the cladding ? itseems as if it's (dirt) is Embedded into the cladding; I am not not able to get rid of it on my creta.
Old 16th July 2023, 10:57   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetan View Post
Are there any products from Sonax or any other brand that can be used to get rid of the dirt on the cladding ? itseems as if it's (dirt) is Embedded into the cladding; I am not not able to get rid of it on my creta.
All you need is a All Purpose Cleaner diluted to required levels and a tooth brush.Spray the solution generously and then use the brush to rub the surface until its clean. Wash it with water and the dry it with a towel. Now if you have any sealant or protectant apply it over the cladding and you are done.
Artyom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2023, 11:03   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
While washing the car with a shampoo, you can scrub the cladding with trim brush, works well. Get a plastic trim restorer and apply it. It lasts 3-4 months and gives the cladding a clean look.

Last edited by ashis89 : 16th July 2023 at 11:05.
Old 16th July 2023, 12:47   #40
BHPian

The easiest way to apply Sonax BSD or any quick retailer is to spray it on a towel and then wipe the panels with the towel a little section at a time. Flip to a dry side of the towel and wipe clean. Do not dilute it.
Old 16th July 2023, 17:20   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkeerthi View Post
The easiest way to apply Sonax BSD or any quick retailer is to spray it on a towel and then wipe the panels with the towel a little section at a time. Flip to a dry side of the towel and wipe clean. Do not dilute it.
Dilution ensures there are no smudges and streaks which are not easy to get rid off. Dilution takes care of that without affecting the durability.
Old 28th July 2023, 14:27   #42
BHPian

Today I found another good reason to use Sonax BSD post wash as a Drying Agent.
It worked wonders post the wash and also adds a layer of protection and gloss to the paint.
I had known that BSD could be used as a drying aid but never tried it . I am glad I did and that too during monsoons when an additional layer of protection is nice to have.
Attached Thumbnails
Gloss/Protection in disguise at the cost of peanuts | Sonax BSD | Ratio (1:2)-img9007.jpg  

Gloss/Protection in disguise at the cost of peanuts | Sonax BSD | Ratio (1:2)-img9008.jpg  

Gloss/Protection in disguise at the cost of peanuts | Sonax BSD | Ratio (1:2)-img9009.jpg  

Gloss/Protection in disguise at the cost of peanuts | Sonax BSD | Ratio (1:2)-img9010.jpg  

Gloss/Protection in disguise at the cost of peanuts | Sonax BSD | Ratio (1:2)-img9011.jpg  

Gloss/Protection in disguise at the cost of peanuts | Sonax BSD | Ratio (1:2)-img9012.jpg  

Gloss/Protection in disguise at the cost of peanuts | Sonax BSD | Ratio (1:2)-img9013.jpg  

Artyom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2023, 14:30   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Today I found another good reason to use Sonax BSD post wash as a Drying Agent.
It worked wonders post the wash and also adds a layer of protection and gloss to the paint.
I had known that BSD could be used as a drying aid but never tried it . I am glad I did and that too during monsoons when an additional layer of protection is nice to have.
Yes, I also have good experience with BSD as drying agent. I spray a couple of spritz on all panels after wash and let it sit for a couple of minutes before drying with a plush microfiber towel. Does not leave water streaks and spots and somehow the residual moisture also dries off even in cool/rainy weather
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2023, 12:42   #44
BHPian

Quote:
All you need is a All Purpose Cleaner diluted to required levels and a tooth brush.Spray the solution generously and then use the brush to rub the surface until its clean. Wash it with water and the dry it with a towel. Now if you have any sealant or protectant apply it over the cladding and you are done.
I've tried a few but nothing seem to work. This all purpose Cleaner -- Anything (Brand ) particular do you recommend ? The cladding on your ride looks like super clean and brand new.
Old 27th November 2023, 17:38   #45
BHPian

Quote:
I've tried a few but nothing seem to work. This all purpose Cleaner -- Anything (Brand ) particular do you recommend ? The cladding on your ride looks like super clean and brand new.
Well mostly all the APC are the same but if you want a brand name then I have also used Amway "L.O.C. Concentrated Multi-purpose Cleaner" and it has worked very well. It can also be used for home use as well.I am confident it will work well for your use case.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks