Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2007, 18:01   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigy
i have one bought from marks & spencers,uk (cost 5pounds). which has a switch to select the pump or a light, working fine till now, every week i check air in all four tyres. you do have to hold it while operating
Sounds pretty much like the one I have, which is a "Campbell Hausfeld" product. Pretty useful to have in the car. Will try to post a snap.
Old 29th March 2007, 20:02   #17
Team-BHP Support

michelin digital inflator

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed0mania View Post
i think the compressor and tubeless tyres is the best solution!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
this is a bit of a stupid suggestion but why not check out tubeless tyres. ater they get punctures u can still drive around for a bit. at least till the nearest tyre repair shop.
you guys are referring to run-flat tires here. tubeless tires deflate the same as a tubed tire - maybe at a slightly slower rate but they still will deflate.
run-flats, on the other hand are designed to maintain tire-pressure, in the event of a puncture, for as long as the tire is rolling.
air begins escaping once the vehicle haults.

@DiverR: i've been using a 12V Michelin Digital Tyre Inflator for a while now. it plugs into the cigarette lighter socket and runs off the battery. you can program the desired psi and the pump fills to the desired mark and turns-off automatically. it's a small package so it does take a while to fill a fully-deflated tyre but it's easier to store.
Old 29th March 2007, 20:52   #18
Senior - BHPian

i had one years back which used to work really well..it also had a pressure gauge but it wasnt digital.eventually it got lost and since then have been looking out for a good one but couldnt in india.

recently i got on down from the USA its got 2 air pressure settings, light pressure gauge.works fine.

my advise to you is ask someone coming down mrom USA, UK, Malaysia to get it for you and dont but some cheap one from india cause they arent very reliable and may not work very long.
Old 29th March 2007, 21:24   #19
BHPian

I got one of the 12V air compressors from ebay india (with gauge and torch).
It cost about Rs 900 (I think)
The product claims to be made in Taiwan, fit and finish is crude--but it works ok. Terribly noisy though, and vibrates like hell during operation.

The gauge on it is quite accurate--I have compared it to a digital tire pressure gauge.

Topping up air in tires is quite easy, but I have not tested how long it would take to fill a completely deflated tire.
Old 29th March 2007, 22:28   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aah78 View Post
tubeless tires deflate the same as a tubed tire - maybe at a slightly slower rate but they still will deflate.
Much slower. Tubeless tyres can deflate for over a week and you still won't be in a life-threatening situation.
Old 29th March 2007, 22:38   #21
Senior - BHPian

Will find out, but I think it's in that 3-3.5k price range anyway.
Old 30th March 2007, 08:33   #22
BHPian

Thanks for all the information. I'll see if I can source one from abroad. Or maybe as a quick-fix ,try out the Ebay ones.
Old 30th March 2007, 10:42   #23
Senior - BHPian

Snaps of the tyre-inflator I use. Pretty handy. Was a gift from the company I work for.

Old 30th March 2007, 12:25   #24
Senior - BHPian

Invisible snaps...!!! Oops, sorry. On a refresh the snaps loaded...

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Snaps of the tyre-inflator I use. Pretty handy. Was a gift from the company I work for.

Last edited by gd1418 : 30th March 2007 at 12:26.
Old 30th March 2007, 16:05   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aah78 View Post
you guys are referring to run-flat tires here. tubeless tires deflate the same as a tubed tire - maybe at a slightly slower rate but they still will deflate.
run-flats, on the other hand are designed to maintain tire-pressure, in the event of a puncture, for as long as the tire is rolling.
air begins escaping once the vehicle haults.

@DiverR: i've been using a 12V Michelin Digital Tyre Inflator for a while now. it plugs into the cigarette lighter socket and runs off the battery. you can program the desired psi and the pump fills to the desired mark and turns-off automatically. it's a small package so it does take a while to fill a fully-deflated tyre but it's easier to store.
nope. im talking about tubeless tyres. your wrong over there. tubeless seal themeselves after a puncture. they do leak air. no doubt about that but at a much slower rate than tube.
Old 7th January 2010, 18:05   #26
Senior - BHPian

A friend was coming down from the US and he got me another inflator - for my Dad's Swift. This was a Slime inflator - pretty compact. Did not try it out yet though. Costs 24$.
Regarding electronic jacks and air inflators-slimeinflator.jpg

Regarding electronic jacks and air inflators-slimeinflatorbig.jpg

More details at SLIME - Worldwide Leader in Tire Care - NEW Slime Quick Spair & Slime Shield
Old 29th March 2011, 10:59   #27
BHPian

Re: Regarding electronic jacks and air inflators

Hey fellas, I was in the market yesterday looking for a good quality air compressor. A shopkeeper recommended going for one branded as Linus. I was told that it'll easily bring from zero pressure to 32 PSI in 3 minutes and the quoted amount was INR 3000.

Now the questions:

1. Has anyone has had an experience with Linus air compressor? If so, any feedbacks?

2. Does the cost seem right? Am slightly in the dark side cause there was no price printed on the box!

EDIT: The product comes along with a 1 year warranty.

Last edited by lordofgondor : 29th March 2011 at 11:01.
Old 27th April 2011, 15:33   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordofgondor View Post
Hey fellas, I was in the market yesterday looking for a good quality air compressor. A shopkeeper recommended going for one branded as Linus. I was told that it'll easily bring from zero pressure to 32 PSI in 3 minutes and the quoted amount was INR 3000.

Now the questions:

1. Has anyone has had an experience with Linus air compressor? If so, any feedbacks?

2. Does the cost seem right? Am slightly in the dark side cause there was no price printed on the box!

EDIT: The product comes along with a 1 year warranty.
No experience with Linus but recently purchased a LIMI Digital Tyre inflator in Pune. The price on the box was Rs.2900/- but got it for Rs.2475 (inclusive of 12.5% tax). The inflator also has a emergency light with it. This one also has a one year warranty.

Regarding electronic jacks and air inflators-img_1936.jpg

Regarding electronic jacks and air inflators-img_1938.jpg

Regarding electronic jacks and air inflators-img_1939.jpg
Old 27th April 2011, 15:51   #29
Senior - BHPian

Amit, that looks like a pretty decent infaltor that you got. Could you tell the name of the shop you picked it up from?

Secondly, sorry for sounding naive, but how does this work? If you need to connect it to the power outlet (ciggy lighter), isnt the line provided a bit short?

Last edited by Swanand Inamdar : 27th April 2011 at 15:52.
Old 27th April 2011, 20:47   #30
BHPian

Amit, would you know how much time it takes to inflate a new tyre?
And can we set the required pressure and will it cut off after that?
Also, is there any chance of the car battery getting drained by running this in the morning to check all four tyres?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks