Team-BHP - Mods for my Baleno
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Mods for my Baleno (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/22792-mods-my-baleno-2.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samurai (Post 404322)
But is it really install and forget? You do realise I can't visit Psycho's garage on a weekly basis. If I have any issues I can't take it to local Maruti center either.

Yes it is infact that easy .. Install and forget .. The ported and polished head is for mid range and the minute you hit about 3500 rpms the car lurks forward .. Thats a feeling you ought to sense once to know what im talking about .. And dont worry since manipal is such a beautiful place if anything should (wont is my word) go wrong we shall be only glad to drive down all the way :I Rule:..

Quote:

Originally Posted by esteem lover
Is it possible to fit headers & free flow & still be without the noise that i heard in n_aditya's car ? (I love the sound, but i dont want to attract attention

Yes thats quite possible .. All you need to do is stick to the stock end can .. That in itself will reduce the noise levels to a great extent .. For samurai i suggest he stick to the stock can so asto not disturb his kids ..

Quote:

Originally Posted by E_L
Is it possible to fit headers & free flow & still be without the noise that i heard in n_aditya's car ?

Of course!!!
Its just the end can which must be different. :)

Any drop in performance compared to the loud ones ?

No, not at all. Free-flows can be as silent as stock exhausts without compromising power.

be carefull with KN extreme filters.One of my friend got this on his baleno ,the mileage has droped to 8km from 11km.He himself is the owner of car acces..shop here in bangalore.he says performance filters r the best

Would it be possible to retain the stock end can in a free flow like Automech exhausts which is essentially plug and play?

What could be the difference apart from lower sound?(I want a lower sound) Would it affect the better torque, the headers give out?

Sorry Rahul, I think I'll stick with stock exhaust for now. I want to see the effect of Universal filter alone first. It's not like I have a race track nearby to let my Balneo rip.

But you did let her rip on the highway once when you ran over a boulder or stone, remember ??

one suggestion, go semi free flow for now, psycho can help you, simple job and can be undone easily (even in manipal), noise also can be controlled and will surely give you much better performance not loosing out on any of the current characteristics.

retain header & cat con, remove the end cans and put pipe and one piece silencer (loads of glasswool inside), only downside might be your idle takin lil longer to normal with change in back pressure

had similar setup in my iKON and rudra has also driven it for a very short stretch and appreciated the car then

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaggu (Post 405458)
retain header & cat con, remove the end cans and put pipe and one piece silencer (loads of glasswool inside), only downside might be your idle takin lil longer to normal with change in back pressure

Hmm, is there an article in Team-BHP on semi-free-flow, I couldn't find it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samurai (Post 405340)
Sorry Rahul, I think I'll stick with stock exhaust for now. I want to see the effect of Universal filter alone first. It's not like I have a race track nearby to let my Balneo rip.

Then i suggest you save that money and buy something else .. An universal filter has very little difference if any to engine performance .. Infact you dont need a universal one at all , a 3.5'' one will do .. That is what im running on my car after all the mods and the engine breathes well ..

no article as far as i know, one of those successful experiments i had carried out and from purely personal experience, and since you mentioned you dont want to risk any of the existing parameters of the performance drastically

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samurai (Post 404161)

These are some of the things I have thought about.

1) Switch to Synthetic Mobil 1 Engine Oil
2) K&N Universal or Extreme Air Filter
3) Hella Model 550 Fog Light (Does this fit Baleno? is it available in Bangalore?)
4) Annual Teflon coating, or should I go 3M way.
5) Only ICE mod I need is satellite radio, if available for cars. There is no FM available here. :Frustrati

1. Great. Also get engine flush fluid
2. Might I suggest K&N Typhoon with cold air intake? Worth the extra buck.
3. Hella Rallye 1000 series? Comes with option of halogen or xenon
4. Teflon - unless from DuPont, is an oft-misued term. If not DuPont go in for 3M car detail.
5. I did mail WorldSpace for such an instal in my own car. They sent an overtly sarcastic reply that "its under development. Will let you know the moment its developed"

Other mods:

1. Iridium plugs - some slight retuning will be required - One time job. Not a high priority fit.

2. Air filter perfectly complements FFE. Psycho will be one-time job. Or does Automech/Remus operate around that karavali belt as well (saw quite some modded cars with FFE during my trip there in Nov)?

3. Will not suggest any porting/polishing in the shortened time frame you have. Perhaps after the Baleno gets a parallel transport for your family - not until its the primary transport.

Quote:

Originally Posted by theMAG (Post 405490)
1. Iridium plugs - some slight retuning will be required - One time job

2. Air filter perfectly complements FFE. Psycho will be one-time job. Or does Automech/Remus operate around that karavali belt as well (saw quite some modded cars with FFE during my trip there in Nov)?

3. Will not suggest any porting/polishing in the shortened time frame you have. Perhaps after the Baleno gets a parallel transport for your family - not until its the primary transport.

Mahesh , better spark plugs , ignition controller , better wires and air filter all give out MHP .. They make very little or no difference at all .. Infact i realized this only after changing my spark plugs to NGK 8's (cold range) after the lift in compression (only prevents knocking by inducing proper spark and burn) .. Untill then it made a zilch of a difference .. What made a difference though was porting (though i got bored of it within a week) and then the wild CR (bored with it now) .. What im looking forward to now is a cam and a standalone (and then maybe sell off the engine to a unhappy swift or zen customer wrt performance).. And yes the car is still driven at 2000 rpm and has bucket loads of torque (more than stock too) ..

Yes manipal does have some modded rides and i hear there are illegal drags there too ala F&F style ..

Also he doesnt have to wait for a port/polish if he desires to .. The head is already ready and its just plug , play and forget .. I would love to deliver the car personally provided its a weekend , but if something materializes akshay might have to do the hounours of joining us as well .. Regarding the bus fare , just make sure that i dont run you over with that very red bus after hijacking it lol: .. Lol ..

Since you do not want any performance mods i suggest you upgrade your ICE , change tyres etc ..

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitrous (Post 404424)
No, not at all. Free-flows can be as silent as stock exhausts without compromising power.

Not true......................