Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2007, 11:02   #16
Senior - BHPian

I understand the passion of DIY since I too used to pik up a spanner at the drop of hat or rather hearing a funny sound. But now time and beer belly doesn't permit the same.

My Scorp holds a reversing camera with 4 sensors and are extremely useful in a tight parking. While the sensors tell you of an obstacle in rain/fog, the camera is not of much help since rain drops on the camera fudge the visual..

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigy View Post
hi gd1418,
nothing gives more pleasure more than you using things made or done by yourself, even if it dose not turn out perfect, but when someone is doing things for me i want no mistakes at any cost. so prefer diy mode. it has been a habit since childhood.
basically want it to supplement my reverse camera, two systems telling you are going to bang particularly in rains or fogged up windows is better.
Old 7th April 2007, 20:21   #17
BHPian

Has anybody installed sensors on the running board(side) of the vehicle,if so then share your experience with us.
Old 9th April 2007, 13:53   #18
Senior - BHPian

Why would one need there???

Quote:
Originally Posted by swathyd View Post
Has anybody installed sensors on the running board(side) of the vehicle,if so then share your experience with us.
Old 17th March 2009, 00:20   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Can i bump this thread and ask for the best value for money parking assist sensor brands available and good installers in bangalore? I dont care for lcd, just parking assist so i dont bump into something else.
Old 24th March 2009, 21:28   #20
Senior - BHPian

Hi, IMO, two sensors are not really helpful. Because most often you scrape the corners. The best is to put it at an angle or just after the curve completes so you can have maximum coverage.

It also depends on where you want it to help you.
Old 4th April 2009, 23:39   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Can i bump this thread and ask for the best value for money parking assist sensor brands available and good installers in bangalore? I dont care for lcd, just parking assist so i dont bump into something else.
man, I've searched for several of the models available in the market and suggest you go for RD reverse parking sensor (& LCD if any one so desires) for the simple reason that they have the largest possible collection of the same. Its an exciting co with a large range of security systems, parking sensors and LCD. Specs and prices are better than necvox (for LCD) and Autocop, Xenos, Minda et al. Available in 2-4-6 sensor types; display of distance and voice based prompts (basically sight and sound based), mute facility, sound adjust (in some models), option of LED display etc.

All products come with 12 months warranty. Most automobile dealers are installing it. Service network is pretty good. The co claims next day onsite service in all cases. So far never had any hassles. Have myself got one fitted in my Civic from RD. Prices are reasonable too. The guy installing the same claimed that this is the most hassle free model from any company.

Their 'combo' products combining parking sensors and LCD come in options of 3.5" and 6" and are pretty economical. These are pretty popular too. PM me if you want the number of their bangalore distributor and price.
Old 5th April 2009, 01:09   #22
BHPian

I got RD 6 sensors in my Scorp and would recommed everyone to go for it. Professional installation and good after sales service.
Old 5th April 2009, 13:08   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderNomad View Post
I got RD 6 sensors in my Scorp and would recommed everyone to go for it. Professional installation and good after sales service.
At which points on the rear bumper did you install the 6 sensors? or did you do 4 behind and 2 upfront?
Old 5th April 2009, 13:29   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekool View Post
man, I've searched for several of the models available in the market and suggest you go for RD reverse parking sensor (& LCD if any one so desires) for the simple reason that they have the largest possible collection of the same. Its an exciting co with a large range of security systems, parking sensors and LCD. Specs and prices are better than necvox (for LCD) and Autocop, Xenos, Minda et al. Available in 2-4-6 sensor types; display of distance and voice based prompts (basically sight and sound based), mute facility, sound adjust (in some models), option of LED display etc.

All products come with 12 months warranty. Most automobile dealers are installing it. Service network is pretty good. The co claims next day onsite service in all cases. So far never had any hassles. Have myself got one fitted in my Civic from RD. Prices are reasonable too. The guy installing the same claimed that this is the most hassle free model from any company.

Their 'combo' products combining parking sensors and LCD come in options of 3.5" and 6" and are pretty economical. These are pretty popular too. PM me if you want the number of their bangalore distributor and price.
Do they have a website?

How much does a basic 4 or 6 sensor model cost? Do they offer painted sensors to match your bumper color? How sensitive are they, as in when the display shows full red, how much distance is actually remaining from the obstruction?

If you do have the number for the Mumbai dealer, please do provide it.
Old 5th April 2009, 14:05   #25
BHPian

Quote:
At which points on the rear bumper did you install the 6 sensors? or did you do 4 behind and 2 upfront?
4 behind and 2 in the front.
Old 5th April 2009, 16:16   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Website: Rajatdeep Overseas Pvt. Ltd. : One Stop for all your Automobile Accessories

I want to do a little more research on these guys. Looks like a pure bred Indian company so the technology is Indian as well.This is the first time I am hearing of these guys.

Whats cool though is this product: [COLOR=#0066cc]TF - 995[/COLOR] talks about having stick-on sensors. They mean just stick them onto the bumpers?

Last edited by Red Liner : 5th April 2009 at 16:18.
Old 5th April 2009, 19:59   #27
BHPian

My reverse parking sensors are 4 in number and now parking is a breeze.The only hassle is on the road,when you are reversing and pedestrians cross your car constantly at the back.So although they are not static obstacles,the parking sensors start to go "pi.pi.pi.pi" whenever there is a pedestrian or even a dog!

The thing I have is dash mounted,contrary to the popular one which is rear view mirror mounted.There is a small LCD screen and it remains shut in all gears except reverse.As soon as you engage reverse gear,the screen pops out (kinda like James Bonds car !) and there is 3 type of indications:

the screen remains green if the distance between the car and any obstacle is satisfactory,it turns to yellow if the distance shortens and finally to red if the distance between the car and the obstacle at the rear is too short.

Secondly,although there is distance given on the LCD in both feet and metres,there is 4 lines of small dots which increases as you reverse near to an obstacle.

Thirdly,the "pi....pi....pi...." goes from "pi...pi...pi..." to "pi..pi..pi.." to finally "pipipipi"

Its a nifty little device and not at all complicated,but very pricey.It has a little snob value,as it remains shut and quite most of the time,and people (read girls ) go "Huh,whaz that?" ,when it pops open and starts its colorful business.

I will try and get few snaps and upload it here to show different colors of it.
Old 6th April 2009, 11:14   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Which product is this? You never mentioned that once!
Old 6th April 2009, 11:28   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I want to do a little more research on these guys. Looks like a pure bred Indian company so the technology is Indian as well.This is the first time I am hearing of these guys.
Even I have a RD six sensor model in my Civic (Though, I got front 2 sensors de-activated next day being an AT Car).

My unit is a Chinese one, the installation manual in the box is in Chinese and there are other things also that confirms it.
Old 6th April 2009, 15:51   #30
BHPian

Whats cool though is this product: [COLOR=#0066cc]TF - 995[/COLOR] talks about having stick-on sensors. They mean just stick them onto the bumpers?[/quote]

Yes, using 3M adhesive. They stick it mate.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks