Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2007, 14:54   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ported_head View Post
Get yourself a new Intake Manifold and a bigger Throttle Body, get your fuelling issues sorted, get yourself a nice exhaust system . If you have the moolah to spare, get the Greddy ones that Ajmat got, 12 bhp power increase with dyno proof I'm told. Get a head port job, bump up the compression a little. You may or may not need a more aggressive cam to go with it. And if you really must, get better plugs at the most. Get suspension sorted, there are alternatives to Koni. Sense of speed will be more than a Corolla, greater fun factor.
All of this will cost more and still not be as or just about as powerful as a JDM/Thai block.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundeep View Post
Thanks!

Get suspension sorted - you mean changed?

How much would all of this cost (estimate) in all? A breakdown of costs would be useful.

What are the 0-100 & 1/4 mile figures to be expected after these mods?
It means the Vtec/OHC has a nervous suspension. Over 130 kmph you better start praying. The Baleno and Lancer are more stable. Of course, there are ways to fix this. Which is why the Vtec is a rally legend.

OHC Vtec: in Mumbai I'm sure it's under 4 lakhs. Port job, again depends on Mumbai rates. The Greddy headers, they're another, what, 18k? Then a couple of grand for a filter. Ported, how much is the JDM manifold?

OHC 1.3: Under 3 lakhs. JDM engine + gearbox. Under 1 lakh easily. Install charges vary from tuner to tuner. 134 bhp in stock form.

I don't think it's fair to keep asking what 0-100 times and quarter-mile times you're looking at. You need to decide on a budget and a target time. You can even get a 6 second 0-100 time and a 13.xx second quarter-mile time. Depends on how much time and money you invest.

Last edited by v1p3r : 7th April 2007 at 14:57.
Old 7th April 2007, 15:49   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
A Ported, how much is the JDM manifold?
Arrey man, I meant get something like the Skunk TB and inatke manifold setup available, I'm sure it gives bigger gains than the JDM manifold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
OHC 1.3: Under 3 lakhs. JDM engine + gearbox. Under 1 lakh easily. Install charges vary from tuner to tuner. 134 bhp in stock form.
I suggested this, because it's a reasonably more reliable setup than finding a junked JDM engine that you can be sure that runs fine, especially after the initial hiccups we had with one of the other swaps I know of. Unless it's off somebody's car and in running condition, like XtremeG had one for sale recently on the forum. Pick up a cheap engine from some place like Chor Bazaar and you'd have to be prepared to spend some time and money on it. My suggestion was more bolt on. Easier.
Old 7th April 2007, 17:27   #18
BHPian

This thread is a must read for you
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ind-scene.html
Old 8th April 2007, 09:04   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsh87 View Post

Thanks! Yes, it was very useful.... helped collect all the information I had together in favour of an engine transplant. Just to check one more thing before I buy an OHC!

Can't wait to join the league of people with modified cars that move really fast!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks