Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2022, 17:53   #31

Re: Xpel Paint Protection Film on my Jeep Compass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predator_ONE View Post
I was almost rendered lifeless by the plethora of Paint Protection options being bombarded in the market today without any faculty of mine to discern b/w the tall claims & real performers. Finally I decided to take the dive & figure stuff for myself. Notwithstanding the comprehensiveness of the 600 Pages+ TeamBHP thread on the topic, I preferred to avoid the temptation to slide down the rabbit hole & instead stuck to concise sources which I could find. Here’s a quick, concise recap of what I figured out so far on Paint Protection options for my Harrier BS6:
@Predator_ONE: Which option did you go ahead with finally? And kindly share your experience, as it's been more than a year now already. I am looking for a solution to protect the car's original paint and option 5 seems to be pretty convincing, especially from a finance standpoint

General question for the forum: How soon is it recommended to get one of these done after taking your vehicle delivery?

Last edited by Aditya : 4th June 2022 at 05:47. Reason: Quoted text trimmed
Old 30th May 2022, 13:06   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertrj View Post
General question for the forum: How soon is it recommended to get one of these done after taking your vehicle delivery?
The best time is to get it done at the factory itself. Since it’s not possible for us, the sooner after the car comes out of the factory, the better it is.
vardhann5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2022, 13:05   #33

Quote:
@Predator_ONE: Which option did you go ahead with finally?
I went ahead with Option 4 i.e. Ceramic (Avalon King) & ordered 2×30 ml vials from their official website

Quote:
And kindly share your experience, as it's been more than a year now already.
Didn't get time to get my Ceramic Coating done yet...both vials are still lying with me unopened
I got busy with other things & so was my Harrier, doing rides here & there, every now & then.

Quote:
I am looking for a solution to protect the car's original paint and option 5 seems to be pretty convincing, especially from a finance standpoint
Pretty rock solid option (no pun intended) with unbeatable VFM even today, especially if you compare it to PPF etc. However, if you're still feeling itchy you can check if PPF quotes have become reasonable enough in the meantime? (I've no idea btw)

Quote:
If your car was spotless at the time of delivery & you're 100℅ satisfied with the surface condition & paint finish of your car then you can go ahead & get the protection of your choice, at/immediately after the delivery (best practice imo)

However, since my car had only 70℅ of my desired/expected finish at the time of delivery with the paint finish having diffused shine & lustre (due to the mildly conspicuous swirl marks) & I wanted to be comprehensive with the pre-application surface prepping (including mild rubbing & polishing before applying the Ceramic), I easily convinced myself into procrastinating given my car was also slated to immediately get busy doing petty but frequent rides in the coming months...

By the time we got a breather, it was already monsoon season & I conveniently procrastinated again citing the ambient humidity etc...& as a result, my car hasn't been coated yet

Careless, I know.
Predator_ONE is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2022, 10:22   #34

I'm getting my Jeep compass Galaxy Blue delivered next week and considering PPF. I've got quotes for Avery Dennison Supreme PPF Xtreme and Xpel Ultimate Plus. The AD detailer is certified with their name on the AD website, the Xpel detailer doesn't have a certification but sounds like he knows his thing! Any thoughts or recommendations on the two brands ? they've both quoted exactly the same at 1.4 L !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks