Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2010, 15:23   #31
BHPian

So you mean to say that if my RC states the color as some other, I would have no problem? I will be registering the Jeep in a remote town of UP (it should be more than 200 KMs from Delhi) and pull a few strings there to get it registered as some other color.

Glossy would look real bad on a MM 500; won't it? I have in mind something like Harjeev's Jeep.

\N
Old 7th January 2010, 15:30   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntomer View Post
So you mean to say that if my RC states the color as some other, I would have no problem? I will be registering the Jeep in a remote town of UP (it should be more than 200 KMs from Delhi) and pull a few strings there to get it registered as some other color.

Glossy would look real bad on a MM 500; won't it? I have in mind something like Harjeev's Jeep.

\N
Harjeevs jeep is also not matt if not glossy. Look if the jeep is purly OTR based and if this will only see light during OTRs then i guess you can have it painted in any color as long as your RC can justify it. But the issue is you will be stopped by cops all over and trust me its very difficult to convince Delhi/NCR cops, even with valid docs.

Pramod
Old 7th January 2010, 15:34   #33
Team-BHP Support

The old Tamilnadu RC book said my Jeep was Red while it was really Green. The RTO didn't care while transferring the RC to Karnataka, in fact they don't mention the color anymore. Now I have given the RC for renewal. Nobody really cares about the color of the Jeep.
Old 7th January 2010, 15:40   #34
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
my Jeep was Red while it was really Green
So what colour is it going to be?
Old 7th January 2010, 16:04   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
Harjeevs jeep is also not matt if not glossy. Look if the jeep is purly OTR based and if this will only see light during OTRs then i guess you can have it painted in any color as long as your RC can justify it. But the issue is you will be stopped by cops all over and trust me its very difficult to convince Delhi/NCR cops, even with valid docs.

Pramod
Hmmm... I plan to use my Jeep pretty frequently in Delhi/NCR. Looks like I'll have to think of some other color.

But I remember correctly Legend (MM 550's civilian version) was also released in military green. Wasn't it?

\N
Old 18th January 2010, 23:25   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntomer View Post
But I remember correctly Legend (MM 550's civilian version) was also released in military green. Wasn't it?

\N
Military Green = Olive Green

The Legend came in Henna Green.
Old 19th January 2010, 07:48   #37
Senior - BHPian

Yes , but when i wanted my jeep to be painted in green , they said that wouldn't be a problem but if u take it one step further and do it in camouflage then it would be a big problem.
Old 19th January 2010, 09:04   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
This rule doesnt exist in Mumbai atleast. A buddy has an army green SWB Jeep. No problems whatsoever.
what does it say on his R/C book? the major problem comes while registering. RTO in Maharashtra atleast is pretty strict about this.

You could argue with the RTO folks on the exact shade of green. But Camouflage type coloring is certainly not going to cut it!
Old 19th January 2010, 10:22   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUGAR View Post
what does it say on his R/C book? the major problem comes while registering. RTO in Maharashtra atleast is pretty strict about this.

You could argue with the RTO folks on the exact shade of green. But Camouflage type coloring is certainly not going to cut it!
In the RC Book of my vehicles both CJ3B & MM550, in place of the color it simply says Ex-Army Vehicle.
So there's a lot of ambiguity about the color option and I believe that as the army color is often considered something holding an official prestige & importance etc its considered forbidden by the general public.

Me personally have been driving the oilve green color for the past year and been all over Delhi and even outstation, I have been never been stopped by anyone.
I am also not saying that this is right or wrong but there is no clarity about. Nothing is laid out clearly in black and white and we could say that everything about this issue is in GREY!!!

Last edited by harjeev : 19th January 2010 at 10:24.
Old 24th January 2010, 15:25   #40
BHPian

i have seen many jeeps in kerala painted military green.me too going to paint my jeep same
Old 25th January 2010, 00:48   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
In the RC Book of my vehicles both CJ3B & MM550, in place of the color it simply says Ex-Army Vehicle.
Same thing on my RC, must be the standard thing they put for these at that particular RTO.
Old 5th September 2010, 02:38   #42
BHPian

I have a Bullet and would like to paint it military green or any colour close to it. However my RC book does not state any colour at all. If I get it painted, do I need to get the same added to my RC book?
Old 5th September 2010, 18:10   #43
BANNED

Dear All ,please have a look at the book. ( The LAW ). And experts please clarify if thease provisions still stand today.

This is section 121 of Central motor vehicles rules ( chapter 5 )
Military Green not allowed for private vehicles?-1.jpg
Military Green not allowed for private vehicles?-2.jpg
Military Green not allowed for private vehicles?-3.jpg

Thease are Maharashtra rules
Military Green not allowed for private vehicles?-4.jpg
Military Green not allowed for private vehicles?-5.jpg

yours Sudarshan

Note :Copyright of original Publisher

Last edited by Sudarshan : 5th September 2010 at 18:12.
Sudarshan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th September 2010, 18:26   #44
BHPian

Og

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudarshan View Post
This is section 121 of Central motor vehicles rules ( chapter 5 )

Note :Copyright of original Publisher
Hi Sudarshan,
This makes for interesting reading....
By registration marks - I presume they are talking of the BA (Broad Arrow) in front of Military Vehicle numbers, for example ^96D 34223X (indicating that 1996 is the year the vehicle was inducted into service).
As for the colour, OG is no longer in use - most of our military vehicles these days are dark green. OG is the older dull colour.
Old 5th September 2010, 20:02   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkapoor777 View Post
well i have heard about a rule which prohibits civilians to wear military camouflage uniform, but restrictions on a vehicle colour, i dont think so..
Exactly, there was a case in which an entire consignment of Olive Green jute bags meant for exports were rejected by the customs as it was illegal. But as far as vehicles are concerned, there are two enfields with olive green colors on them in my parking.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks