Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2021, 13:08   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata offers Ceramic Coating for the new Safari. EDIT: Now other Tata models too

This move will make dealers and customers happy provided the customer is dumb. Any person who know what car detailing and paint correction is will mostly not go for this coating from the dealer. Even 3M, who are a famous name in car care and detailing, does a one size fits all job on all the cars. They use a large 9 to 12 inch diameter wool pad and run the rotary over the paint as if they are cleaning bathroom tiles. I wince everytime I see this at 3M or any other detailers. There are different pad sizes, pad material and the correction compounds also come in a varying degree of abrasiveness. The combination of pad and compound has to be chosen based on the condition of paint and the hardness of the clearcoat. Granted, the car will be new and the paint will be the same across all Tata cars, but still the finishing can vary a bit in different batches of paint.

The upside about this for a dealer is it is very difficult for a average joe to identify a sub standard job in a car detailing more so when it comes to ceramic coating. All the customer wants is the "shine". The dealer and the outsourcer will be the ones benefitted from this move. And that is the whole intention of the offering as well.
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2022, 15:01   #32
BHPian

Re: Tata Motors enters detailing space for own brand cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
Tata Motors have tied up with 3M India, Wurth, Bardhal and Sikand Stanley BG and SK Car Care for providing ceramic coating service in-house at its service centers for own branded cars. Seeing that most of the high end car buyers opt to get the ceramic detailing done to keep their car pristine, they jumped into this space.

Price details are as below :
Attachment 2141741

According to the news article, prices are higher than the independent 3M centers and also do not come with any warranty. Service will be done by the vendors in a separate bay in the service center and does not come with any warranty. The grade of the coating to be used is not revealed yet.

Source : Firstpost.

Mods , please merge with suitable thread if this feels unnecessary.

I talked to Tata Dealership from whom I have taken my Nexon. They said that the price is 22,000 and there will be a 3 year warranty on the coating.
Maybe things have changed but still I am seeing that from gomechanic, I am getting the same at Rs. 18k.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks