Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2007, 22:09   #16
BHPian

Thank you all for the suggestions. Currently it comes with 185/65-R14 alloys. Was thinking if upgrading to wider 190 will make any difference.

Also pls let me know good modders in Bangalore. Who is the best to do the EC remap?

Does any of these CAI/FFE stuff makes my car noisy (like those teeny boppers who move around with that booming sound)? I am not interested in such mods, even though I dont mind engine rev sounds.

Is there anybody here who has done similar mods on a Verna? I would like to have their feedback as someone said Hyundais are generally not very mod-friendly cars. Dont want to spend thousands and end up finding no change.
Old 6th May 2007, 00:15   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueraven316 View Post
Is there a grill for this car? I dont think I see one!

MODERATOR NOTE: There is no need to quote the entire post

Last edited by Mpower : 6th May 2007 at 07:25.
Old 6th May 2007, 05:51   #18
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by appuchan View Post

Also pls let me know good modders in Bangalore. Who is the best to do the EC remap?
That would be psycho .. Pete's has only two dealers in bangalore as far as I can remember .. One is hot tracks anil padiwal .. He installs only the boxes .. All remaps are done by psycho ..
Old 6th May 2007, 06:19   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
That would be psycho .. Pete's has only two dealers in bangalore as far as I can remember .. One is hot tracks anil padiwal .. He installs only the boxes .. All remaps are done by psycho ..
Also there is RAC.. U can contact him too..

Godfather
Old 6th May 2007, 14:02   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you all for the suggestions. Currently it comes with 185/65-R14 alloys. Was thinking if upgrading to wider 190 will make any difference.
190 is not a size for car tyres. You can upgrade to 195/60 R14 tyres.
Old 6th May 2007, 16:51   #21
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
Also there is RAC.. U can contact him too..

Godfather
I dont think RAC is a dealer for Pete's .. Yes , they do make standalone's .. But , dont know how much of a difference it will make on a verna .. Oooppss , just realized this is a petrol verna which means you don't have the pete's option as well ..
Old 13th June 2007, 16:05   #22
BHPian

I recently saw one car with black metal finish on its grills and other normally chrome parts. It looked quite attractive. Is it something which can be done on the existing chrome surface(like plating, coating etc) or do I need to go for totally new metal.
Old 13th June 2007, 16:46   #23

I know you are not going for major body works. But i always felt the grille spoiled verna's looks.

May be the hood be modded like this?
Old 19th June 2007, 00:28   #24
BHPian

@crazykudos - the grill you edited is more wierder than it already has.
i hope someone comes up with a better grill for the verna.

and guys why did u stop the discussion his budget is 1 lakh plus he dosent mind making his warrant void.

i would say go for skirts and do meet up with pshycho for the conical airfilter free flow and the ecu remap.

anyways hope by now you have sucessfully got everything done.

oh i also forgot you need better tyres so forget the ecu remap and go for the yokho and some mean alloys

Last edited by xinome : 19th June 2007 at 00:29.
Old 19th June 2007, 08:45   #25
BANNED

Quote:
I recently saw one car with black metal finish on its grills and other normally chrome parts. It looked quite attractive. Is it something which can be done on the existing chrome surface(like plating, coating etc) or do I need to go for totally new metal.
Appuchan, you can paint the existing chrome grill but with time and sunlight breathing down the paint will wear off. From personal experience I can say get a custom grill fabricated. I just got one for my baleno. Just the way you too wanted. In complete black instead of chrome.
Old 20th June 2007, 09:30   #26
BHPian

Thanks mclaren, actually my question was about 'black metal' finish, not a black paint. Its actually a chrome finish with a dark tinge, not the normal glossy one. I dont think this is something that can be painted on easily. May need some sort of 'plating' or something of that sort.
Old 20th June 2007, 09:34   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xinome View Post

and guys why did u stop the discussion his budget is 1 lakh plus he dosent mind making his warrant void.

i would say go for skirts and do meet up with pshycho for the conical airfilter free flow and the ecu remap.

anyways hope by now you have sucessfully got everything done.

oh i also forgot you need better tyres so forget the ecu remap and go for the yokho and some mean alloys
Thanks Xinome. I am not keen on many external mods like skirts. Yes I can consider better alloys and some moderate perf mods which is suitable for normal city/highway drives. I would be even happier if this is something that can be changed at runtime like an Econo mode and Perf mode. Dont want any flashy/noisy types though.
Old 20th June 2007, 10:58   #28
BHPian

Check out the Green Cotton WIND universal filter with Anil @ Hot tracks.
Old 26th June 2007, 11:09   #29
BHPian

well the guru has steped into the thread, turboindia can help you a lot more than i can on your verna.
Old 26th June 2007, 11:57   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi guyz,

Its time I too tried out some mods for my Jan07 Verna XXI. I am starting off with a budget of Rs 1 lac (my annual bonus!). I have very little knowledge about this as the max "mod" I have done so far on my cars is to add/change music system, seat cover and headlight bulbs!

I request the mod experts here to suggest a good starting point for me. My focus will be more on performance, comfort and dynamics rather than on aesthetics. I would not prefer to change the exterior looks of my car much, except for some minimal changes.

I am based in Bangalore and would also like you guyz to recommend some good "mod garages" around here.

Appu.
Starting off with Koni's or any other perfomance suspension setup would be a good idea to tame the beast , and when the beast is tamed well enough you can carry on the extra engine mods.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks