Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st May 2007, 22:14   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Another unique thing that will work: get a remapped ECU to fire all injectors simultaneously rather than sequentially - as in stock. You'll NOTICE a difference. But the mileage will drop atleast 35%.
Impossible. Mileage does not drop 35% in batch when compared to sequential... Performance does not increase either.. Wonder where you got that info from.

A programmable/remapped ECU with custom/modified fuel and ignition curves can increase the low end grunt ...
Old 1st May 2007, 22:39   #17
BHPian

Usually for each Liter of engine size (petrol) max torque can be produced is 100 Nm
It depends on lots of factors including engine's volumetric efficiency (mainly).
It is easy to increase BHP of engine with some aftermarket apparatus but difficult to increase torque because of the inherent design of how engines work.
If you want high torque at low RPM, simply use a diesel engine (or go for the highest engine size you can afford) or electric motor (full torque at any RPM).
The design of diesel engine is such that it produces high torque (since it uses very high compression).

Last edited by sbasak : 1st May 2007 at 22:45.
Old 1st May 2007, 22:42   #18
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Mileage is affected because one tends to rev the car more due to the throaty sound produced by the FFE. But you can tune the FFE system to be silent. If one drives the car normally then the mileage should actually increase.
Old 1st May 2007, 23:31   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdkarthik View Post
Impossible. Mileage does not drop 35% in batch when compared to sequential... Performance does not increase either.. Wonder where you got that info from.
From a Bangalore customer. We could take this offline if you'd like. I'd urge anyone not to take a defensive stance since its not my objective in life to comment unneccesarily about anything.

Quote:
A programmable/remapped ECU with custom/modified fuel and ignition curves can increase the low end grunt ...
I know - and the reason I put it up as a solution. Its a fantastic solution - I've driven a car with the afore-mentioned ECU
Old 1st May 2007, 23:45   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
True .. I think he got confused by SC .. Unlike TC's they dont have lag ..

Yup - my mistake. I meant SCs - and a sufficiently capable engine to churn the SC
Old 2nd May 2007, 09:58   #21
BHPian

Quote:
From a Bangalore customer. We could take this offline if you'd like. I'd urge anyone not to take a defensive stance since its not my objective in life to comment unneccesarily about anything.

I know - and the reason I put it up as a solution. Its a fantastic solution - I've driven a car with the afore-mentioned ECU
Increase in performance or drop in FE (35%) has nothing to do with injection firing pattern.. Dosent matter whether you go batched , semi or full sequential..

Engine performance and FE are governed by fuel and ignition curves.. For the same curves, all types of injector firing patterns will produce identical figures for performance and FE (+/- 2 to 3%) .. Hope you get the concept..

Nothing defensive here dude, have no clue who you are talking about, either way nice to know you like it ... The car you talk about probably needs work on cruise and part throttle region of the fuel maps..
Old 2nd May 2007, 13:10   #22
BHPian

hi

the ex pipes are not twisted ,
the 4-2-1 or 4-2 exhaust system will definately imprve the performance ...only it is well designed and well execuated
Old 2nd May 2007, 14:45   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Nothing defensive here dude, have no clue who you are talking about, either way nice to know you like it ...
Karthik,

The afore-mentioned car's mileage drops to 9-10 kmpl while in batch mode, compared to 15 while on sequential firing; according to the owner - who's a very experienced driver. But - as you mentioned, I love that tuned ECU and the way power kicks in due to the batch mode - I wouldnt be surprised if I decide to get it for my Swift shortly.

Last edited by theMAG : 2nd May 2007 at 14:48.
Old 2nd May 2007, 15:05   #24
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
The afore-mentioned car's mileage drops to 9-10 kmpl while in batch mode, compared to 15 while on sequential firing; according to the owner - who's a very experienced driver.
I hope you are considering the nature of driving as well .. Any mod to the engine will only make your right foot heavy all the time (to reap the max out of what you spent) owing to the low FE .. And I am talking from personal experience .. Also any other mods on the car ??
Old 2nd May 2007, 15:22   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I hope you are considering the nature of driving as well .. Any mod to the engine will only make your right foot heavy all the time (to reap the max out of what you spent) owing to the low FE ..
I know

Quote:
And I am talking from personal experience ..
I know I know

Quote:
Also any other mods on the car ??
Oooh - wouldnt you like to know ?!

Last edited by theMAG : 2nd May 2007 at 15:37.
Old 2nd May 2007, 15:33   #26
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Oooh - would you like to know ?!
YES !! Maybe that will enable us to make a detailed analysis for the 35% drop in FE as you mentioned ..
Old 2nd May 2007, 15:37   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
YES !! Maybe that will enable us to make a detailed analysis for the 35% drop in FE as you mentioned ..
Right. For the benefit of all mankind who wish to increase their low end torque, I shall take upon this with utmost responsiiblity myself - you'll be posted with the results.
Old 2nd May 2007, 16:48   #28
BHPian

what about porting and polishing ? Is it easier than say ffe ?
Old 2nd May 2007, 21:35   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Karthik,

The afore-mentioned car's mileage drops to 9-10 kmpl while in batch mode, compared to 15 while on sequential firing; according to the owner - who's a very experienced driver. But - as you mentioned, I love that tuned ECU and the way power kicks in due to the batch mode - I wouldnt be surprised if I decide to get it for my Swift shortly.
Before you confuse yourself, the performance gains or FE is NOT due to batch firing mode... It will behave the same in semi-sequential or sequential (here i go again ).... No matter who is diving, the changes are due to different fuel and ignition maps.....
Old 2nd May 2007, 23:37   #30
BHPian

Please come back to topic rather than debating over ecu tweaking.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks