Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2021, 19:54   #16
BHPian

Re: Turtle Wax (Ceramic + Graphene) Paste Wax | Reliving the waxing nostalgia again

*****UPDATE******
To spice things up I will be doing some experimentation.
The purpose would be to test if the wax as a standalone product lasts longer OR with a topper above it OR with an additional layer of Turtle Wax.
By now the 1st layer has cured and since the vehicle has not been taken out the paint is still clean from any dirt/ grime.

Door 1(Driver side ie Front Right)->No Topping
Door2(Rear Right)->Top it with BSD
Door3(Passenger side ie Front Left)->Additional layer of Wax(Turtle Wax)
Door4(Rear Left)->No Topping

Now I will test it in real-world conditions and see which combination or standalone product lasts longer.
Artyom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th May 2021, 21:18   #17
BHPian

Re: Turtle Wax (Ceramic + Graphene) Paste Wax | Reliving the waxing nostalgia again

Couldn't resist trying new wax this weekend. Spent all day cleaning and waxing my truck.

Stuck in apartment due to lockdown, so do not have access to hose or power point. Had to do basic bucket wash and all manual labor. It was a good workout!

Note: The vehicle has never been polished. Since it gets driven in all kinds of terrains, never bothered to do paint correction. It has lots of swirls, scratches from farm & forest driving and "paint friendly" bird droppings.
You might notice paint defects in pics.

Followed below steps:
1. First round of wash and rinse.
2. Claying with ONR as lub.
3. Second round of wash and rinse.
4. Applied TurtleWax Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Graphene Paste Wax.

After Wash and Claying:
Turtle Wax (Ceramic + Graphene) Paste Wax | Reliving the waxing nostalgia again-20210508_143623.jpg

Turtle Wax (Ceramic + Graphene) Paste Wax | Reliving the waxing nostalgia again-20210508_143550.jpg

Turtle Wax (Ceramic + Graphene) Paste Wax | Reliving the waxing nostalgia again-vlcsnap2021050820h20m07s638.png

Turtle Wax (Ceramic + Graphene) Paste Wax | Reliving the waxing nostalgia again-20210508_161128.jpg

Forgot to take pics while applying wax, got only two.
Turtle Wax (Ceramic + Graphene) Paste Wax | Reliving the waxing nostalgia again-20210508_145303.jpg

Turtle Wax (Ceramic + Graphene) Paste Wax | Reliving the waxing nostalgia again-20210508_145458.jpg

After applying TurtleWax:
Turtle Wax (Ceramic + Graphene) Paste Wax | Reliving the waxing nostalgia again-20210508_150241.jpg

Turtle Wax (Ceramic + Graphene) Paste Wax | Reliving the waxing nostalgia again-20210508_164515.jpg

Turtle Wax (Ceramic + Graphene) Paste Wax | Reliving the waxing nostalgia again-20210508_173153.jpg

Turtle Wax (Ceramic + Graphene) Paste Wax | Reliving the waxing nostalgia again-20210508_145929.jpg

Turtle Wax (Ceramic + Graphene) Paste Wax | Reliving the waxing nostalgia again-vlcsnap2021050820h20m07s638.png

Turtle Wax (Ceramic + Graphene) Paste Wax | Reliving the waxing nostalgia again-20210508_174448.jpg

Turtle Wax (Ceramic + Graphene) Paste Wax | Reliving the waxing nostalgia again-20210508_172047.jpg

Turtle Wax (Ceramic + Graphene) Paste Wax | Reliving the waxing nostalgia again-20210508_173117.jpg

Water sheeting after one coat of wax:

Verdict:
1. I did not notice major difference in before and after.
2. Surface wasnt smooth (feather like finish) as Collinite.

Not sure of the longevity.

Thinking of applying second coat tomorrow. Not sure if it would make any difference.

Last edited by 500ContyCruiser : 8th May 2021 at 21:21.
500ContyCruiser is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 8th May 2021, 22:15   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500ContyCruiser View Post
Couldn't resist trying new wax this weekend. Spent all day cleaning and waxing my truck.
Verdict:
1. I did not notice major difference in before and after.
2. Surface wasnt smooth (feather like finish) as Collinite.

Thinking of applying second coat tomorrow. Not sure if it would make any difference.
Looks like the effort paid off brother. The gloss is really good. The surface should have been smooth as silk. The only reason I can think of is maybe there are embedded particles still present which can be removed using an iron remover. I checked online and in reviews and from YouTubers and most of them are saying that an additional coat of wax won't make any difference. Instead, you can apply a Sio2 sealant to increase longevity if you want. Even I contemplated it but now I am planning to seal it off with either Sonax BSD or Carpro Hydr02. Will update the post with pictures and water sheeting Gifs.Also, let the wax cure for at least 24 hours and you will see a visible difference in the shine and gloss.

Last edited by Artyom : 8th May 2021 at 22:16.
Artyom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2021, 00:41   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artyom View Post
Looks like the effort paid off brother. The gloss is really good. The surface should have been smooth as silk. The only reason I can think of is maybe there are embedded particles still present which can be removed using an iron remover. I checked online and in reviews and from YouTubers and most of them are saying that an additional coat of wax won't make any difference. Instead, you can apply a Sio2 sealant to increase longevity if you want. Even I contemplated it but now I am planning to seal it off with either Sonax BSD or Carpro Hydr02. Will update the post with pictures and water sheeting Gifs.Also, let the wax cure for at least 24 hours and you will see a visible difference in the shine and gloss.
Surface is smooth, but not feathery as from collinite. Currently I do not have access to other products. So will wait for pandemic to reduce.

Yes, maybe because of paint defects, the wax not behaving as expected.

Collaged few of water sheeting affects after about 24 hours of waxing.
500ContyCruiser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2021, 01:41   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Collaged few of water sheeting affects after about 24 hours of waxing.
https://Youtu.be/YyE1GTmy26c
It looks amazing and it seems the curing does make a difference as how the wax behaves.
Also in case you plan to double coat the wax do share your experience how was it.I am going to seal the wax today with Carpro Hydro O2 on 1 side and Sonax BSD on other to see how the longevity is improved.The front however will be left as is to gauge the longevity of the wax alone.1 test 3 results all we need to do is now wait.As monsoons arrive it will surely test them all.
Old 10th May 2021, 17:31   #21
BHPian

***********Update*******
So finally today I completed the in-depth cleaning of the vehicle and performed the following tasks:-

1. Applied Carpro Hydr02 spray sealant to the driver side doors and half dicky on that side. (This is atop of the Turtle Wax single coat)
2.Applied Sonax BSD spray sealant to the passenger side doors and half dicky on that side.(This is atop of the Turtle Wax single coat)
3. The Bonet and the fenders on both sides has Turtle Wax single coat.
4. Mats were cleaned and the car was vacuumed
5. Engine was cleaned using Bilt Hamber APC in a manual foamer
6. Interior was cleaned using Sonax Matt Effect spray
The car is all set to face the monsoon now

Attached Thumbnails
Turtle Wax (Ceramic + Graphene) Paste Wax | Reliving the waxing nostalgia again-20210510_112732.jpg  

Turtle Wax (Ceramic + Graphene) Paste Wax | Reliving the waxing nostalgia again-20210510_105943.jpg  

Artyom is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 10th May 2021, 21:42   #22
BHPian

Quote:
***********Update*******
So finally today I completed the in-depth cleaning of the vehicle and performed the following tasks:-

1. Applied Carpro Hydr02 spray sealant to the driver side doors and half dicky on that side. (This is atop of the Turtle Wax single coat)
2.Applied Sonax BSD spray sealant to the passenger side doors and half dicky on that side.(This is atop of the Turtle Wax single coat)
3. The Bonet and the fenders on both sides has Turtle Wax single coat.
4. Mats were cleaned and the car was vacuumed
5. Engine was cleaned using Bilt Hamber APC in a manual foamer
6. Interior was cleaned using Sonax Matt Effect spray
The car is all set to face the monsoon now
Car has come out pretty nice. Good water beading.

Yes, monsoon would be perfect time to test!
Old 24th May 2021, 14:04   #23
BHPian

Yesterday I did taste driving in rain. Though it wasnt heavy rain, still was good enough.

Sorry for the bad quality of photos as they are taken in parking lot.

Turtle Wax (Ceramic + Graphene) Paste Wax | Reliving the waxing nostalgia again-20210523_201938.jpg

Turtle Wax (Ceramic + Graphene) Paste Wax | Reliving the waxing nostalgia again-20210523_202051.jpg

All day time was spent claying and waxing my BIL's CLA.

Turtle Wax (Ceramic + Graphene) Paste Wax | Reliving the waxing nostalgia again-picsart_052411.42.15.jpg

Turtle Wax (Ceramic + Graphene) Paste Wax | Reliving the waxing nostalgia again-picsart_052411.43.18.jpg

Turtle Wax (Ceramic + Graphene) Paste Wax | Reliving the waxing nostalgia again-20210523_175355.jpg

Turtle Wax (Ceramic + Graphene) Paste Wax | Reliving the waxing nostalgia again-20210523_175256.jpg

Turtle Wax (Ceramic + Graphene) Paste Wax | Reliving the waxing nostalgia again-20210523_153653.jpg
500ContyCruiser is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 24th May 2021, 19:03   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Yesterday I did taste driving in rain. Though it wasnt heavy rain, still was good enough.
Beads look tight. Wax doing its thing right. Just waiting for the lockdown to be over to take out the vehicle and click some pics. If possible for the sake of durability testing please do use only Ph Neutral shampoo for washing and Waterless wash to see how long it lasts. The Engine bay looks dope by the way.
Old 24th May 2021, 19:59   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Beads look tight. Wax doing its thing right. Just waiting for the lockdown to be over to take out the vehicle and click some pics. If possible for the sake of durability testing please do use only Ph Neutral shampoo for washing and Waterless wash to see how long it lasts. The Engine bay looks dope by the way.
Yes. I always use pH neutral shampoos on my cars.

Even with outmost care, will be happy if the wax lasts 6-8 months. Then it would be worth all the physical effort put in.
Old 8th June 2021, 23:19   #26
BHPian

Finally got vaccinated today with the first dose and took that opportunity to take a few pictures of the vehicle.It was little cloudy so not sure how accurate they will show the gloss but it s it what it is.
Attached Thumbnails
Turtle Wax (Ceramic + Graphene) Paste Wax | Reliving the waxing nostalgia again-20210608_164042.jpg  

Turtle Wax (Ceramic + Graphene) Paste Wax | Reliving the waxing nostalgia again-20210608_164027.jpg  

Turtle Wax (Ceramic + Graphene) Paste Wax | Reliving the waxing nostalgia again-20210608_164055.jpg  

Turtle Wax (Ceramic + Graphene) Paste Wax | Reliving the waxing nostalgia again-20210608_164118.jpg  

Turtle Wax (Ceramic + Graphene) Paste Wax | Reliving the waxing nostalgia again-20210608_164121.jpg  

Turtle Wax (Ceramic + Graphene) Paste Wax | Reliving the waxing nostalgia again-20210608_164154.jpg  

Turtle Wax (Ceramic + Graphene) Paste Wax | Reliving the waxing nostalgia again-20210608_164115.jpg  

Turtle Wax (Ceramic + Graphene) Paste Wax | Reliving the waxing nostalgia again-1.jpg  

Turtle Wax (Ceramic + Graphene) Paste Wax | Reliving the waxing nostalgia again-untitled.jpg  

Artyom is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th June 2021, 00:12   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jothishX View Post
Great to see the review of this wax in team-bhp. I was eyeing this when it launched. I'm not generally a fan of Pan the Advertiser , but his reviews are good, especially with new products. The cost is what is pulling me back right now. My car is sealed with Sonax BSD and Turtle Wax Seal and Shine combo, topped with collinite 845 from a fresh bottle. Is the beading greater than BSD? Right now BSD is my bench mark for water beading and collinite for depth/gloss
Hi jothishx, could you please explain the sequence of application of the sonax bsd, turtle wax seal and shine, collinite?

By the way, I am not really going to use the collinite- it is out of budget right now. But I need to know sequence for rest of the products. I am a newbie in this.
Old 11th June 2021, 01:22   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post
Hi jothishx, could you please explain the sequence of application of the sonax bsd, turtle wax seal and shine, collinite?
Sonax BSD and Turtle Wax Seal n Shine are both primarily sealants.
I generally prefer sealant to be applied first, then top it off with a wax if needed. Most people online would suggest the same way, but I've seen recommendations of topping of costly waxed or ceramic coated cars with BSD, like once in a month or so.

Sonax BSD in itself is enough to give some serious shine to any vehicle. But, the surface may not be as smooth to touch or as glossy, when compared to a freshly washed car. But, try throwing water on a BSD coated surface and see the water just fly off like crazy.

TurtleWax Seal n Shine does the same job, but I found the beading to be better with the BSD. Gloss is slightly better with Turtlewax.

BSD is easier to apply and can be applied on a wet surface, right after washing, as a drying aid. Turtlewax can be applied on a dry surface only. Also, BSD can be diluted to 1:3 ratio with water and still retain almost the same effectiveness.

If you are a newbie to car detailing. Just grab the BSD and use it for a couple of months. A single coating should help you through this monsoon. Or can be topped once in a month or two.

Wax does one additional job of hiding swirl marks and minor scratches, which both others will not be able to match.

Last edited by jothishX : 11th June 2021 at 01:27.
jothishX is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th June 2021, 01:37   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jothishX View Post
Turtlewax can be applied on a dry surface only.
Not necessarily - Seal n Shine can be sprayed on wet surface and rinsed off with fresh water. Has pretty much the same effect.

Quote:
Finally got vaccinated today with the first dose and took that opportunity to take a few pictures of the vehicle....
With the lockdowns it's funny how we are looking for excuse to take our rides out - mine too from vaccination drive after the last wash. I got to park for few mins in front of a bakery long enough to take a pic :

Turtle Wax (Ceramic + Graphene) Paste Wax | Reliving the waxing nostalgia again-20210526_161734_2.jpg

Last edited by somspaple : 11th June 2021 at 01:45.
somspaple is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 11th June 2021, 08:14   #30
BHPian

Sonax BSD I believe offers more protection than slickness, especially when compared to any Turtle Wax Products. But In terms of durability, I think BSD is better than TW products. What goes in favour of BSD is the balance between the price and protection it offers against other products. It would be interesting to test BSD vs TW Seal and shine in Indian conditions and put this argument to rest. Any Takers?
My current vehicle is a testbed to 3 combinations currently.

->2 Layers of TW Ceramic+Graphene Paste Wax(Bonnet and Fenders)
->1 layer TW Ceramic+Graphene Paste Wax TOPPED with Sonax BSD(1:2) (Right Side +Half Dicky)
->1 layer TW Ceramic+Graphene Paste Wax TOPPED with Carpro Hydr02 (Left Side +Half Dicky)

Odo Reading 12605 when the vehicle was first taken out after the above detailing. Let's see which combination stays the most.

Last edited by Artyom : 11th June 2021 at 08:39.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks