Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2007, 23:49   #16

I had the same problem with my old car which was a matiz. The problem was a small crack in the exhaust system. I had it changed. Several months down the line, the same sound began to appear...however the piping of the exhaust seemed structurally intact. I was then told that it was due to some component loose in the ?catalytic converter.

I was given the option of changing it, but then was warned that the spare parts available these days are of poor quality, and the problem may recur. Since it did not affect the vehicle's performance, I did not change it. The sound wasn't too loud either.

Subsequently, over the years, I have seen several other matiz's having the same sound coming out of them!
Old 7th August 2007, 19:57   #17
Senior - BHPian

Hey... 99% this has NOTHING to do with the exhaust. check the air filter box if it has any of its mounting legs broken. This happens if we do not fix it properly. It produces a rorty sound while revving , especially when cold
Old 8th August 2007, 17:15   #18
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Hey... 99% this has NOTHING to do with the exhaust. check the air filter box if it has any of its mounting legs broken. This happens if we do not fix it properly. It produces a rorty sound while revving , especially when cold
Are you sure about your advice ?
Old 8th August 2007, 17:47   #19
Senior - BHPian

As i said.. 99% Sure... my car had this problem, everyone suspected some leak but the final problem was this. just give it a try...
Old 8th August 2007, 22:23   #20
BHPian

Id tend to agree with JayD since a relative's Mariz had the same problem and it was solved in the same way. Like the sound though... Felt very Sporty
Old 13th August 2007, 14:44   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinsaval View Post
Id tend to agree with JayD since a relative's Mariz had the same problem and it was solved in the same way. Like the sound though... Felt very Sporty
Heh heh..i know!! Thats why i left mine as it is!!
Old 14th August 2007, 12:33   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
check the air filter box if it has any of its mounting legs broken.
Nope jay, everything is alright there.

I even took it to a place where they specialize in exhausts only and they found no problems as well,so finally have left the problem as it is.

Waiting for Gm to start support of the matiz.Any news on that front adya.
Old 13th July 2013, 14:39   #23
BHPian

Ok, if the sound is sporty more like an aftermarket exhaust, then surely this has to be a leak in the exhaust system. Matiz engines make a lot of water which rusts the exhaust (box) and finally it starts leaking. We have to get it replaced every year. It starts with a sporty sound, over the month it gets louder with the engine revving more freely but there comes a time when the drop in torque is too much. We have almost got it changed 3 times in 3 years.

But your mechanic says its not the exhaust. If its a whine (type of a whistle), do check the alternator and belts.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks