Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2021, 11:58   #16
BHPian

Re: Modification Diaries | Maruti Baleno Zeta | Remap, lowering springs, exhaust, audio upgrade & mo

Looks like you spent a whole load of money.
How are the Brembo pads compared to stock ? Where did you purchase it ?
amvj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2021, 12:10   #17
BHPian

Re: Modification Diaries | Maruti Baleno Zeta | Remap, lowering springs, exhaust, audio upgrade & mo

Lovely write-up Chiranjit! Great work by Shankhanil to do up his Baleno as per his vision. I especially liked the functional modifications like the lowered springs and remap. Although the car is now a little less practical than before (talking mainly of the lower stance and low profile tyres), what matters in the end is that the owner is happy. And there are some beautiful shots of the Baleno. Absolutely pro-grade stuff. Thanks for sharing.
Old 16th June 2021, 12:41   #18
BHPian

A superb backstory of a glamorous Baleno! Very aesthetically and tastefully done, unlike so many others. Wish you many many happy pops and bangs!
BhaskarG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2021, 12:51   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Nicely Modded Baleno , thanks for the detailed write up

Regarding ECU remap, I too didn't find a big difference in my Baleno 1.2. Do ask your friend to try XP95, it is only Rs.4 more than regular fuel. I need to check my car with the same.

What was the cost of custom header and decat ? Any CEL post decat ?

I too have done couple of mods in my Baleno, but more to come .

Mods done:

1. Wolf Moto Stage 1 Remap
2. Cobra lowering springs
3. EBC brake pads
4. Bi-Xenon projector headlights (after market)
5. Satin black roof wrap
6. ICE Upgrade with Morel Tempos, Pioneer Amp and Gladen M10 Subwoofer
7. Flat bottom steering wheel
8. Leather inserts on door pads

Modification Diaries | Maruti Baleno Zeta | Remap, lowering springs, exhaust, audio upgrade & more-img_20210223_071835.jpg

Modification Diaries | Maruti Baleno Zeta | Remap, lowering springs, exhaust, audio upgrade & more-img_20210223_071844.jpg

Modification Diaries | Maruti Baleno Zeta | Remap, lowering springs, exhaust, audio upgrade & more-img_20210223_075303.jpg

Modification Diaries | Maruti Baleno Zeta | Remap, lowering springs, exhaust, audio upgrade & more-img_20210205_114058.jpg
Dr.Naren is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 16th June 2021, 13:01   #20

This is a really nice looking Baleno and it is pretty evident that a lot of love & effort has gone into this project.

A quick question though, would these mods not make this vehicle illegal to ply on our roads? especially the spring swap?
Vss2110 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th June 2021, 13:07   #21
BHPian

No other Baleno has got as much love as this one. Great work. I am also looking to replace Ignis Delta headlights with projectors. Saw that Om guy on YouTube. But had a nagging thought about his plug and play claim. Doesn't projector assembly need separate wiring? Some have suggested it might not be a good idea to piggy ride projectors on stock halogen wiring. The dealer refused to swap to projectors saying wiring is different and can't be plug and play. Please clarify for my understanding. I'll go for the swap if I get the green light from here.
driver52001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2021, 14:19   #22
BHPian

Boy-o-Boy !! Isn't the car look amazing ??? Awesome modification. Love the overall stance of the car and those beautiful golden wheels makes it icing on the cake. I can guarantee that this is by far the best modded baleno in entire Guwahati. Keep updating the thread on future mods on the car. And looking forward to a small meetup to witness how she roars on the streets. Good job Shankhanil and Chiranjit !!
LONG_TOURER is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2021, 15:06   #23
BHPian

Kudos to you guys for a wonderful writeup. This made my boring wednesday afternoon a treat.

The car looks sharp and I am a fan of gold wheels on any coloured cars. The 1.2 NA engine is a fun thing in the light Maruthi car and with the remap, it must be hoot to drive.

I always found tyre upgrades a bit of mixed bag, when i upgraded to 15" on Swift from the 14s, it seriously impacted the ride quality in the already bad roads of Bangalore. But they look stunning on yours.

Whats next? spinny boys?
ramgkulkarni is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2021, 16:15   #24
BHPian

Thanks for documenting such a detailed report of the modifications. This is one wicked looking baleno. Pretty sure the rest of the balenos are jealous of it.
I have been followed this build for a little time now and the kind of passion and patience Shankanil has put into the process is really commedable. I was lucky enough to get a chance to drive this beast and boy it did leave quite a impression.
Personally I am not the biggest fan of the Baleno hatchback (rejected it back in 2016 to get a i20), but this car feels special. The way this the car roars to a start, the pops at throttle liftoff, the cabin ambience due to the lighting and audio mods. It feels like a completely different car. Sadly due to the lockdown haven't got an opportunity to drive it with the new lowering springs yet, but even without them it handled better than a regular Baleno. Can't wait to get my hands on it for another drive.
JD_404 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2021, 17:00   #25
BHPian

Hi Chiranjitp,
Great thread. This shows how much modifications can be done on a B -Hatch.

Just a doubt, will Baleno take such powerful audio without any jarring in the doors?
Also, with the new alloys, tyres & springs - seems the wheel arch liner sits pretty close to the tyre. Is it not hitting, when there are 4+ people in the car?

For a person like me, who keep the vehicles in stock, make me wonder how much time, money & effort you guys are putting into these mod's.
Old 16th June 2021, 17:46   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
@Dr.Naren, I see that you have cruise control in your Baleno (steering wheel is from the newer Maruti though). Could you please tell how to get cruise control working in Baleno. Thanks

Awesome thread Chiranjit, and you have gone the whole big in terms of making your car unique. Great passion and taste for modification. Your car looks like one of the cars from KL and not AS . Also an unbiased view on the mods make it even better. Hope the modded Baleno serves you for a long time.

Last edited by Aditya : 16th June 2021 at 19:17. Reason: Typos
jithin23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2021, 18:25   #27
BHPian

Only a couple of days ago, I was admiring the Baleno RS experience of a fellow member. But you guys have taken mods to the next level. Shankhanil and Chiranjit, your drive is up there with the best-modded Maruti the forum has seen.

LOVE the steering wrap. I never knew that custom installations can be executed so beautifully. Maruti should hire your installer right away.

Isn't the steering too stiff after the massive tire upgrade? I am sure you guys must be feeling every inch of the tarmac. How's the Brembo braking feel compared with the stock bite? Mind sharing the brake pad pricing here.

Refreshing to see someone getting pops and bangs in a Baleno
Keep this thread alive.
viren83 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2021, 19:36   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jithin23 View Post
@Dr.Naren, I see that you have cruise control in your Baleno (steering wheel is from the newer Maruti though). Could you please tell how to get cruise control working in Baleno. Thanks
I had installed steering wheel of XL6. Cruise control doesn't work in Baleno. The steering wheel from Swift is direct fit for Baleno. I had a spare XL6 steering wheel as it didn't fit my S-Cross .
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2021, 19:41   #29

Hey Chiranjitp, such nice writeup. The mods are wow inspiring here at Guwahati where the modification scene is at a very nascent stage.

The wheels look so awesome.

Could you suggest some good FNG's here out at Guwahati as most of Hyundai ASS have not been able to resolve some of my recurring issues and charges exorbitantly.
Drive_30 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th June 2021, 19:48   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
I had installed steering wheel of XL6. Cruise control doesn't work in Baleno. The steering wheel from Swift is direct fit for Baleno. I had a spare XL6 steering wheel as it didn't fit my S-Cross .
For a moment I was curious and happy because we can fix cruise control in Baleno and now it's time for research then or to ask D-Bhpian LeoShashi if it's feasible. Thanks for the quick heads up though!

Last edited by jithin23 : 16th June 2021 at 19:48. Reason: To mention thanks
jithin23 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks