Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2022, 00:49   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Onelap Go - A GPS Tracker for my Ford EcoSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
Under the seat ? Do share Thinking of picking up one of these.
Yup guessed it right. While getting in our out I fail to even notice it is there. Go ahead and get it. So far I am happy with it touchwood.
Old 25th October 2022, 14:42   #17
BHPian

GPS tracker for a car

Pretty accurate for a device that has no view of the sky and runs on a dilapidated 2G network. The battery is pretty strong too, consumes about 2% per day.
Attached Thumbnails
Onelap Go - A GPS Tracker for my Ford EcoSport-whatsapp-image-20221025-2.35.28-pm.jpeg  

Onelap Go - A GPS Tracker for my Ford EcoSport-whatsapp-image-20221025-2.35.37-pm.jpeg  

Old 28th October 2022, 14:35   #18
Senior - BHPian

Re: GPS tracker for a car

Quote:
The battery is pretty strong too, consumes about 2% per day.
I have Onelap Wireless Go and the battery lasts 2 weeks only with very minimal usage; car used only during weekend. I reported this to the Onelap call center and they say it depends on the usage, which is very less in may case. I expected the battery to last atleast a month with very minimal usage. It is a hassle to recharge it every alternate weekend.

Last edited by PatienceWins : 28th October 2022 at 14:37.
Old 31st October 2022, 21:19   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
I have Onelap Wireless Go and the battery lasts 2 weeks only with very minimal usage; car used only during weekend. I reported this to the Onelap call center and they say it depends on the usage, which is very less in may case. I expected the battery to last atleast a month with very minimal usage. It is a hassle to recharge it every alternate weekend.
I have used the Onelap Go tracker for a while. The battery is not 10000mah as claimed but only 7500mah if you open and check inside . This tracker is made by Shenzen Boshijie and sold under various names and the model is A5E-3. I discarded the supplied Vi sim and used own SIM and a free online gps tracking service.

Last edited by Sankar : 31st October 2022 at 21:23.
Sankar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2022, 10:46   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
I have used the Onelap Go tracker for a while. The battery is not 10000mah as claimed but only 7500mah if you open and check inside . This tracker is made by Shenzen Boshijie and sold under various names and the model is A5E-3. I discarded the supplied Vi sim and used own SIM and a free online gps tracking service.
Nice to hear from you Sankar.

My device stopped working sometime back and I contacted support. They said it is because of Vodafone Sim issue and there was no response from them for a long time even after frequent reminders. I raised a bad review under Amazon from where I bought the product. After that, the support team woke up, provided me with a new Airtel sim, resolved the issue and sent frequent reminders to delete the bad review. It is sad that we have to use other means to get customer service for the device.

How did you use own sim and a free online gps tracking service on the device provided? I may have to go this route if the device gives issues again. I just renewed the service that expired recently.
Old 2nd November 2022, 14:13   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nice to hear from you Sankar.

How did you use own sim and a free online gps tracking service on the device provided? I may have to go this route if the device gives issues again. I just renewed the service that expired recently.
Yes been a long time

I made pre-purchase enquiry from Onelap but the response to technical Qs were less than satisfactory but bought it anyway as I was not going use it with their sim and didn't need support.

You can use any 2G sim with SMS in/out, I was using Airtel. I will attach the SMS commands list of the device here. Its also sold as Seeworld S15 but is made by BSJ (BSJ A5E3) as confirmed by their support engineer. For online tracking I used GPSWOX free account with their android app. It was OK for the purpose. For more intense tracking there is option to get their paid service.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf S15.pdf (445.3 KB, 202 views)
File Type: xlsx A5E-3 SMS Command.xlsx (12.3 KB, 313 views)
Sankar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th November 2022, 12:23   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Update - Battery performance has deteriorated drastically. It's up to 40% per day now, far cry from the 2% I was seeing a month ago. Highly unlikely but I'll still ask - could it be because I moved it from the boot to the glove compartment ?

I've raised a support ticket with the OEM.
Old 28th November 2022, 10:19   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Update - Battery performance has deteriorated drastically. It's up to 40% per day now, far cry from the 2% I was seeing a month ago. Highly unlikely but I'll still ask - could it be because I moved it from the boot to the glove compartment ?

I've raised a support ticket with the OEM.
The location of the device should not matter, as per my experience, and it does not make sense. The device battery performance deteriorates with every subsequent charge; but the drop of 40% you see is drastic.

I raised it with support when they contacted me for renewal, but they say battery is dependent of usage and do not give resolution for the high drainage of charge battery. Let us know if you get a favourable resolution.

I do not use the device on a daily basis because of the battery performance. The use case is only to charge and use it when I go for a long drive spanning 2 to 3 days.
PatienceWins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2023, 12:02   #24

The wired version of the one lap GPS can be connected to the 12 volt socket or has to be connected to the battery or fuse box?
Old 17th April 2024, 16:25   #25

Hello bhpians

I recently purchased Onelap micro plus device and for all the good reasons I would like to share my experience with the purchase, service, installation, product quality and it's features.

My purchase was done this week and I got it installed on my 2023 Ciaz.

So here it goes, It was a busy Sunday evening and as most of us know. Sunday evening = eating outside.
Me with my wife and kid went out and found a place to first try out yogurt icecream and then some good food.

We parked at SL Marg in MalviyaNagar, Jaipur. The exact place for people from Jaipur is two plots after MyFroyoLand where some construction was going on. The time was 7.30PM and we only found an empty parking spot(a free one and with little light at the place). There were no other cars parked.
We parked and walked back to Froyoland for the icecream.
It was a walk of hardly 2 minutes.

The intention was to return back in about 30 minutes but then we decided to have dinner in the adjacent restaurant Gazebo. There are many cafe/restaurants at SL Marg.

The so-called Valet person at Gazebo was appearing dubious when he took my keys and said he will bring my car when a parking place in front of the restaurant is available. I felt suspicious and on top of that he said he don't have slip to give me.

I took my keys back and continued to the restaurant, we sat and ate for about and hour and a half.

When we finished and walked back to the car. I noticed that the rubber beading of right-side rear door was off and clearly appeared that someone tried to insert some sharp object into the door to open the lock. The chrome strip was also bend and there were small dents indicating something was inserted into the door.

While I was noticing this, I see that the Valet guy walked along with us and started speaking 'is something wrong sir?'

I felt a little suspicious that why did he walked so far from the restaurant till car. He also said he came to check car 4-5 times and no one was there near the car.

Now there were 4 other cars parked around our car and this could be the reason the thief did not get enough time to break into the car. He tried but he could not succeed

This was enough alerting to me to opt for a GPS system.

Now to the Onelap Micro plus review
The system is not great but just okay. You can track when and where the car gone and speed/distance etc. information is also covered.
The engine kill feature is good, it works.

The car's ignition once killed by this feature does not start again until it gets a command to start from the app.

I feel that this is not a complete solution to protect my car from thief.

I will be adding a dashcam and an Apple airtag also to the car.

I have evaluated the Samsung SmartTag, it seems it is not worth as it only takes current location from nearby Samsung phones provided their Bluetooth and location feature is On.

I know these all are systems that thief can dodge, but if there are multiple blockers for the thief it takes time for him to remove them.
Attached Thumbnails
Onelap Go - A GPS Tracker for my Ford EcoSport-screenshot_20240417161300_onelap.jpg  

Onelap Go - A GPS Tracker for my Ford EcoSport-screenshot_20240417161251_onelap.jpg  

Onelap Go - A GPS Tracker for my Ford EcoSport-screenshot_20240417161243_onelap.jpg  

Onelap Go - A GPS Tracker for my Ford EcoSport-20240408_084711.jpg  

Onelap Go - A GPS Tracker for my Ford EcoSport-20240407_215650.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks