Team-BHP - Pete's Tuning Box for Swift DDiS
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Pete's Tuning Box for Swift DDiS (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/23879-petes-tuning-box-swift-ddis-2.html)

How about Optra? Any info for support on Optra? Is the cost going to be same?

Cheers,

Quote:

I like launching at 1800 and upshifting at 3000
In stock form the shift point you mention is bang on.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rippergeo (Post 633200)
I like launching at 1800 and upshifting at 3000(swift VDI stock). wouldnt that give the best acceleration? FE be damned:)

(note- I still get 19kmpl on the highways)

Exactly, most new age diesel cars torque starts around 1800 and peaks at 3K. So if you up shift around the peak, you are bound to get the maximum stab in the back feel, plus the thrill that we generally seek:D

I am also one of those thrill seekers and all my gear changes happen between 2.5K-3K range and i hardly see any beatings to my FE figures

Quote:

Originally Posted by BUSA (Post 633536)
In stock form the shift point you mention is bang on.

@BUSA and karthik ,I noticed the pointed reference to "stock" , whats the rev range on the peted VDI of yours?

I'm hoping you'll say you get an extra 1000 rpm of diesel to play with after the pete's. even though the graph shows more like 500

Car now cleanly pulls till 5000RPM and power is produced all the way till around 4700RPM.

My shift points are at 2.5k-3.0k though since there is insane amount of torque at that point.

With Green middle-high revvs feel so good and the car pulls like rails till 5000RPM with some growl starting at 3.5k

[quote=BUSA;633809]Car now cleanly pulls till 5000RPM and power is produced all the way till around 4700RPM.

just what i wanted to hear. now to start saving for the pete's :)

Does any one in Mumbai have the "Chipped" ecm installed on their car?Why dont they get in on the dyno and then we will knows what happenening at the wheels.I mean actual HP and not BHP.We will also know if there are any flat spots like I have seen in the "chipped" Skoda RS`s

hi
first how does the pete tuning box works
why does it increase performance is very simple
as far as i have heard from my european programer freind
it simpleey supplier more fuel to the engine so more fuel is more power
but important question after putting this tuning unit
what if aftr 40k kilometer or 60kilometer the engine dies
so what can gurantee this
also this box is not made bye pete
he has sourced it from europe
and fuel level are diffrent from europe and india so
i think now is working on trial and error
any body can answer my question
regards
narrycheers:

the boxes are throughly tested here before they are sold.

hi,
tanks to peter and his team for the petes kit for my swift,it sure does change the feel of the car and yes its recommende to go in for the wind filter too which surely keeps the noise level low

can someone give the id to PM pete to get some details?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebmrajesh (Post 757017)
can someone give the id to PM pete to get some details?

turboindia

Or you can visit Pete's Performance Products and send him a query