Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2021, 15:56   #1
BHPian

Review: Poorboy's White Diamond + Turtle Wax Ceramic Wax + Turtle Wax Ceramic Spray Coating

It's been 2.5 years since Artyom came home and as such gave me an opportunity to do some TLC.
Moreover, I had added 2 more products to my arsenal and was waiting for an opportunity to try them.
What I had noticed was that the swirls and marks on the paint have gradually grown in number.
Although I won't term them as an eyesore and they were not visible that easily.
I was somehow not comfortable with that and wanted to do something to tackle that.

There are 2 products which I wanted to review this time:-

1. Poorboy's White Diamond
2. Turtle Wax Ceramic Spray Coating

They both have their own use cases which suited my situation.

Why Poorboy's White Glaze?

-Masks Minor swirls and marks on white paint/ light paints especially
-Easy of use was the biggest surprise.
-It doesn't contain any abrasives
-Can be applied by hand so perfect for a DIY
-A little bit goes a long way. The whole car should have taken maybe 20-30 Ml.

Price
1074 INR for a 16 Oz Bottle.
Bought it from DetailedClean.in

Look/Touch/Smell
A pleasant smell with a smooth consistency to touch.(Off White Color)

Why Turtle Wax Ceramic Spray Coating?
-Supposedly offers more protection with ease of application
-Since I was applying it with a combination of TW wax so wanted to check how good is the combination.
-Can be layered which will offer more protection
-Ease of application trumps all other points

Price
1350 INR for a 16 Oz Bottle.
Bought it from Amazon.in

Look/Touch/Smell
A lemonade type consistency, color, and fragrance.

PLEASE NOTE I am nowhere associated with the brand and all the views are of my own.
Members are free to disagree/correct me.

Test subject

-Hyundai Creta 2019(White)
-Last protection was done using TW ceramic and graphene paste wax clubbed with Sonax BSD which lasted around 3 months.

Process Followed

Day1

1. Got the vehicle washed from outside as it was dirty due to the rainy season and then soaked it with Iron X and Spotless. Rinsed it again to complete the chemical decon.
As luck had it the moment I took the vehicle out from the washing bay it started raining again.

Day2
1. Washed the vehicle again with TW Foam shampoo and then dried it thoroughly.
2. Applied the Poorboy's on the foam pad and then spread it on one panel at a time. After waiting for 30 seconds buffed it with an MF towel. Voila, it's done.
The application and removal were literally effortless and results in a smooth and silky surface. The masking capabilities are good but that is all. Don't expect miracles.
The biggest takeaway was that it smooths and kind of levels the surface with added gloss.

Day3
1. Did a Waterless wash to remove any oils or residue.
2. Did an IPA wipe down to make the surface as grabby as possible.
3. Post these 2 steps one could feel that the paint is glossy however grabby as well. As in rubbing your hand on the surface offers resistance now especially after the IPA wipedown. There was no loss in gloss, however.
4. Applied the TW wax(1 Coat) panel by panel and once it hazed buff it off for the shine. As a characteristic when you try to remove the wax it offers resistance.

Day4
1. Wipe each panel once to get rid of any dirt which might have accumulated.
2. Whatever videos I have seen for the application for the spray coating(1 Coat) everyone used 2 microfiber towels for that.
This method I feel doesn't lead to even coverage. To overcome that I had to sacrifice an MF towel and cut it into smaller pieces and use that on top of an Applicator block. 2-3 sprits per panel followed by the use of the block ensure that the whole panel was covered with the product.
3. Wait for 30 seconds and buff off the panel followed by another buffing with a plush MF towel. I luckily didn't face any issue with smearing.

How economical
-Both the products could be termed as economical and will easily last for a couple of applications.

Protection and how I intend to test it
- Manufacturer claims 12 months but with 2 products applied I expect a minimum of 5 months. Let's wait and watch.

Gloss & Beading

-The gloss and beading certainly got a considerable bump post-application.

Review: Poorboy's White Diamond + Turtle Wax Ceramic Wax + Turtle Wax Ceramic Spray Coating-20210922_114755.jpg

Review: Poorboy's White Diamond + Turtle Wax Ceramic Wax + Turtle Wax Ceramic Spray Coating-20210922_162003.jpg

Review: Poorboy's White Diamond + Turtle Wax Ceramic Wax + Turtle Wax Ceramic Spray Coating-20211118_152654.jpg

After Washing

Review: Poorboy's White Diamond + Turtle Wax Ceramic Wax + Turtle Wax Ceramic Spray Coating-20211115_112142.jpg

Review: Poorboy's White Diamond + Turtle Wax Ceramic Wax + Turtle Wax Ceramic Spray Coating-20211115_112153.jpg

Review: Poorboy's White Diamond + Turtle Wax Ceramic Wax + Turtle Wax Ceramic Spray Coating-20211115_114628.jpg

Review: Poorboy's White Diamond + Turtle Wax Ceramic Wax + Turtle Wax Ceramic Spray Coating-20211115_114656.jpg

Review: Poorboy's White Diamond + Turtle Wax Ceramic Wax + Turtle Wax Ceramic Spray Coating-20211115_114703.jpg

Review: Poorboy's White Diamond + Turtle Wax Ceramic Wax + Turtle Wax Ceramic Spray Coating-20211115_114709.jpg

Foam Pad Used for the White Diamond and after Application of White Diamond

Review: Poorboy's White Diamond + Turtle Wax Ceramic Wax + Turtle Wax Ceramic Spray Coating-20211115_120142.jpg

Review: Poorboy's White Diamond + Turtle Wax Ceramic Wax + Turtle Wax Ceramic Spray Coating-20211115_133739.jpg

Review: Poorboy's White Diamond + Turtle Wax Ceramic Wax + Turtle Wax Ceramic Spray Coating-20211115_133833.jpg

Review: Poorboy's White Diamond + Turtle Wax Ceramic Wax + Turtle Wax Ceramic Spray Coating-20211115_133847.jpg

Review: Poorboy's White Diamond + Turtle Wax Ceramic Wax + Turtle Wax Ceramic Spray Coating-20211115_133941.jpg

Review: Poorboy's White Diamond + Turtle Wax Ceramic Wax + Turtle Wax Ceramic Spray Coating-20211115_134110.jpg

Review: Poorboy's White Diamond + Turtle Wax Ceramic Wax + Turtle Wax Ceramic Spray Coating-beforeafter1.png

Spray Coating Results and the Applicator Block Used.This Application was done after waiting for 24 hours after applying the TW wax

Review: Poorboy's White Diamond + Turtle Wax Ceramic Wax + Turtle Wax Ceramic Spray Coating-20211118_081748.jpg

Review: Poorboy's White Diamond + Turtle Wax Ceramic Wax + Turtle Wax Ceramic Spray Coating-20211118_081815.jpg

Review: Poorboy's White Diamond + Turtle Wax Ceramic Wax + Turtle Wax Ceramic Spray Coating-20211118_095332.jpg

Review: Poorboy's White Diamond + Turtle Wax Ceramic Wax + Turtle Wax Ceramic Spray Coating-20211118_114630.jpg

Review: Poorboy's White Diamond + Turtle Wax Ceramic Wax + Turtle Wax Ceramic Spray Coating-20211118_114641.jpg

Review: Poorboy's White Diamond + Turtle Wax Ceramic Wax + Turtle Wax Ceramic Spray Coating-20211118_114651.jpg

Review: Poorboy's White Diamond + Turtle Wax Ceramic Wax + Turtle Wax Ceramic Spray Coating-20211118_114708.jpg

Review: Poorboy's White Diamond + Turtle Wax Ceramic Wax + Turtle Wax Ceramic Spray Coating-20211118_114724.jpg

Review: Poorboy's White Diamond + Turtle Wax Ceramic Wax + Turtle Wax Ceramic Spray Coating-20211118_114734.jpg

Review: Poorboy's White Diamond + Turtle Wax Ceramic Wax + Turtle Wax Ceramic Spray Coating-20211118_114741.jpg

Review: Poorboy's White Diamond + Turtle Wax Ceramic Wax + Turtle Wax Ceramic Spray Coating-20211118_114756.jpg

Review: Poorboy's White Diamond + Turtle Wax Ceramic Wax + Turtle Wax Ceramic Spray Coating-20211118_114810.jpg

The Grin

Review: Poorboy's White Diamond + Turtle Wax Ceramic Wax + Turtle Wax Ceramic Spray Coating-20211118_114834.jpg

Artyom is offline   (53) Thanks
Old 21st November 2021, 13:20   #2
BHPian

Re: Review: Poorboy's White Diamond + Turtle Wax Ceramic Wax + Turtle Wax Ceramic Spray Coating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artyom View Post
It's been 2.5 years since Artyom came home and as such gave me an opportunity to do some TLC.
Moreover, I had added 2 more products to my arsenal and was waiting for an opportunity to try them.
What I had noticed was that the swirls and marks on the paint have gradually grown in number.
Although I won't term them as an eyesore and they were not visible that easily.
I was somehow not comfortable with that and wanted to do something to tackle that.
Hi Artyom,

Nice products, will consider it!

What does it look like after a few days of regular use?

Last edited by Eddy : 21st November 2021 at 13:42. Reason: Quoting a long post hampers readability
som9729 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2021, 14:31   #3
BHPian

Re: Review: Poorboy's White Diamond + Turtle Wax Ceramic Wax + Turtle Wax Ceramic Spray Coating

Quote:
Originally Posted by som9729 View Post
Hi Artyom,

Nice products, will consider it!

What does it look like after a few days of regular use?
Well even I am eagerly waiting to see how it performs.I will be posting 1,3,5 month update for sure.
Artyom is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st November 2021, 16:32   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Nice DIY Artyom ! Car is shining ! I've a query about this DIY swirl removal and polish. My parking is parallel to the road, which causes too much dirt to be thrown on to my car. Will the dirt cause issues when doing the polish ? And which product is more suitable for black color vehicle ?
Akshay6988 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2021, 16:50   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay6988 View Post
Nice DIY Artyom ! Car is shining ! I've a query about this DIY swirl removal and polish. My parking is parallel to the road, which causes too much dirt to be thrown on to my car. Will the dirt cause issues when doing the polish ? And which product is more suitable for black color vehicle ?
Appreciate the kind words Akshay .For your case I would suggest to do the polishing some place which doesnt have much dirt or debris ,maybe basement parking or something.IF that is not possible and you have to do the polishing near the road then polish small sections and buff it off as soon as it hazes.Timing is the key.Once polished the surface will become smooth and will not allow dust to accumulate.For darker colors you can try the Poorboys Dark Hole Glaze which is equivalent to White diamond.Also note this product masks the swirls It DOES NOT remove swirls.For removal of swirls you need an abrasive compound or AIO Polish.What i have done is masked the swirls and sealed it with wax and ceramic spray coating.You need to be sure what you are looking for.Do you need swirl removal or just swirl masking.White diamond and Black hole glaze will only mask them.
Artyom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2021, 17:08   #6

Excellent post and looks like you have put in a lot of effort. Kudos!
rsjagtap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2021, 03:16   #7
BHPian

Very nice but I would suggest using either one of the products at a time and not both at the same time or one over the other. Solely using the ceramic coating or the Poorboy's glaze after cleaning the car thoroughly would have been better. The intention here is to make the ceramic coating last longer. This is because ceramic coatings usually do not bond well with surfaces other than clear coats or metal paints under normal temperatures. And I absolutely hate professional ceramic coating jobs since a small portion of the original paint gets removed before every single time such coatings are applied. Also, these are very expensive. But your method combines the best of both worlds.

Also, please remove that barcoded sticker from the rear left window glass area of your Creta immediately. I believe that you already know why

It is very cool to look at a well-maintained car. Kudos to you for that
Chhanda Das is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2021, 09:59   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chhanda Das View Post
Very nice but I would suggest using either one of the products at a time and not both at the same time or one over the other. Solely using the ceramic coating or the Poorboy's glaze after cleaning the car thoroughly would have been better. The intention here is to make the ceramic coating last longer. This is because ceramic coatings usually do not bond well with surfaces other than clear coats or metal paints under normal temperatures. And I absolutely hate professional ceramic coating jobs since a small portion of the original paint gets removed before every single time such coatings are applied. Also, these are very expensive. But your method combines the best of both worlds.

Also, please remove that barcoded sticker from the rear left window glass area of your Creta immediately. I believe that you already know why

It is very cool to look at a well-maintained car. Kudos to you for that
Glad you appreciated the effort . As far as the Layering is concerned even i was in a dilemma so I directly posted my query on Turtle Wax forums and 9 out of 10 people recommended wax the vehicle and then layer it with Spray coating. The only reason I think it might work is that they are from the same family and even the TW wax is Ceramic and Graphene infused. Lets hope the protection stays for a few months. And I will remove the bar code sticker today for sure. Thanks for the reminder
Old 28th November 2021, 03:11   #9
BHPian

Good effort! Reading your post reminded me of my own early learning days when I didn’t know how to use a machine to polish paint and did everything by hand. Once you graduate to an orbital/DA you’ll curse yourself for not switching earlier

If you really want to get great results that even professional detail shops struggle with, get a rotary and practice on dark coloured junk panels (you can get these cheap at most auto body repair shops). The difference in performance and defect removal between doing it manually and using a machine is night and day. Cheers.

Quote:
You are right to believe that ceramic coatings bond best to virgin clearcoat, but over here he hasn’t used a traditional liquid SiO2 coating, it’s a silica infused wax topped with a silica infused spray sealant. Certain products are engineered to work with each other and can be layered with good results.

Regarding paint being removed before coatings, that’s true any time you take a polisher to the paintwork, if you know what you’re doing and aren’t overly aggressive you can safely polish a car dozens of times before having any issues with removing too much clear (gentle polishing will remove less than a micron off the total thickness). Also, you don’t need to periodically correct paint if you follow good wash technique that doesn’t inflict swirls in the finish to begin with, all you’ll need is a chemical decon every 4-6 month’s depending on conditions.

Last edited by AJ56 : 28th November 2021 at 03:24.
AJ56 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2021, 11:25   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ56 View Post
If you really want to get great results that even professional detail shops struggle with, get a rotary and practice on dark coloured junk panels (you can get these cheap at most auto body repair shops). The difference in performance and defect removal between doing it manually and using a machine is night and day. Cheers.
I completely agree the finish you get with a proper DA polisher is superior without a doubt.
I am still on the edge weather to buy the polisher and other equipment and what holds me back is that we dont have sockets to plug in any device .I even contemplated buying a cordless one but they are damn expensive.So as of now its only Hand Polishing i can afford
Old 30th November 2021, 13:25   #11
BHPian

Yes cordless machines can get expensive specially from the known detailing brands like Flex/Rupes. Shinemate cordless machines are decent quality and much cheaper (read less than half) of these two. If you can manage with extension cords, entry level rotary is around 3k off Amazon, DA will be 7-8k depending on the brand or you can get a portable power bank used by campers that can accept 220V appliances but again at that point a cordless polisher will be cheaper.
AJ56 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2022, 12:48   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Well even I am eagerly waiting to see how it performs.I will be posting 1,3,5 month update for sure.
Hi Artyom,

Any update on the condition of the shine and its longevity!?. I have been using various paste waxes from Motomax, formula 1 and Wavex for 6 years now. Have stayed away from Turtle as its more costly and i thought they will also last the same as all the above mentioned brands. Also there are mixed results in google on Spray wax vs paste wax?. How well is this wax holding up!.
Old 4th July 2022, 20:20   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DhinaStark94 View Post
Hi Artyom,

Any update on the condition of the shine and its longevity!?. I have been using various paste waxes from Motomax, formula 1 and Wavex for 6 years now. Have stayed away from Turtle as its more costly and i thought they will also last the same as all the above mentioned brands. Also there are mixed results in google on Spray wax vs paste wax?. How well is this wax holding up!.
Hey Sorry was occupied so couldn't respond back.
Well after a couple of months after applying these products (As Mentioned in this main post) I traveled to my home town. There i got a good deal and got the vehicle ceramic coated. Its been 6 months now.
As far as your query is concerned I would suggest you go with the following combination( Poorboy's White Diamond + Turtle Wax Ceramic Spray Coating/ Turtle Wax ICE Seal & shine) . This combination is less time consuming and will easily last 6-8 months minimum in Indian conditions. The initial investment would be little higher but it gets compensated because these products last long. For instance the Poorboy's white diamond bottle will easily last for at least for 4-6 top ups. For the ceramic spray it would also last for at least 4 coats/Top ups. Considering a lowest duration of 6 months between top ups both these bottles will last for 2 years. Plus these products are quality products which are good for the paint as well.
Artyom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 12:22   #14
BHPian

Quote:
As far as your query is concerned I would suggest you go with the following combination( Poorboy's White Diamond + Turtle Wax Ceramic Spray Coating/ Turtle Wax ICE Seal & shine) . This combination is less time consuming and will easily last 6-8 months minimum in Indian conditions. The initial investment would be little higher but it gets compensated because these products last long. For instance the Poorboy's white diamond bottle will easily last for at least for 4-6 top ups. For the ceramic spray it would also last for at least 4 coats/Top ups. Considering a lowest duration of 6 months between top ups both these bottles will last for 2 years. Plus these products are quality products which are good for the paint as well.
Hi Artyom,
Very much appreciated , will try this out i have stayed away from these spray ceramic wax as i thought they're just normal spray wax marketed as ceramic, but seems like they do actually work! Carnuba paste wax is less expensive than these but it takes up all my sunday to maintain my black fz v3 and blue access and dezire . Thanks for the quick response bro.
Old 26th November 2022, 19:34   #15

Quote:

Hey, I got my new car yesterday, and I removed each and every sticker be it dealership or pollution etc. I was also planning to remove the barcode (basically an eyesore) stickers but dealer advised not to.

Why do you recommended removing it ?
dotcombubbled is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks