Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2021, 19:59   #16
Team-BHP Support

Re: Skoda showroom hands over mud flaps during car delivery...without installing them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EngineFirst528 View Post
Skoda showroom gave me the mud flaps during car delivery but they didn't install them.
Did you check with the dealer on why this happened? And did they refuse to fix it afterwards?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Just wondering what exactly the issue is since for my Kodiaq, I was asked the same thing. Mudflaps are part of the kit but many don't like the looks, should we put them in boot or fit them on?
Same experience here - different brand and from a decade ago with my Punto! They asked me if I wanted them installed as many people prefer not to - and I chose to install only the front ones - they just kept the rear mud flaps in the boot. Still have them somewhere in the house.

Unpleasant experience if they didn't inform - but sounds more likely to be a communication mistake rather than bad attitude.
Old 28th November 2021, 22:23   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Skoda showroom hands over mud flaps during car delivery...without installing them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Just curious. The Mud flaps are part of essential kit and in case of Rapid many customers do not fit it on their cars.
Usually they ask whether you want them fitted or not. Incase they didn't ask you, by any chance did you go back to the dealer and ask them to install it or during first service? And if you did, did they say they will charge for fitting or said they wont?
Agree. In my Octavia's case, I intensely disliked the look of the included rear mudflaps, specifically asked them NOT to fix it, and simply hand them over to me. That is exactly what they did and I still have them in my utility room.

In my humble opinion, this thread (and the title) needlessly sensationalises a trivial issue.
itwasntme is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th November 2021, 22:31   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EngineFirst528 View Post
Skoda showroom gave me the mud flaps during car delivery but they didn't install them. I thought I could do it myself, but when I looked behind the wheels, I found the setup to be entirely different. I was hoping to find some basic star screws which can be unscrewed and screwed back with the mud flap but now I have no clue what to do! Does it need some drilling?
Please escalate this via mail or send a tweet to Zac Hollis with the dealer details. This is pathetic attitude from dealer and on top of this you had to pay more to the dealer to get it fitted. Amount maybe small but what nonsense is this. Definitely needs to be brought to their attention.
MadRasTan4986 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th November 2021, 22:39   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balajiisworking View Post
BTW, at the risk of poking a bees nest, what has been the headlines of your experience? If this is considered OT, you may PM me.
Sure. The full story ( with its mini stories ) is a big post and happened in 2015. Will PM you.
careind is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2021, 02:28   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik.thm View Post
Atleast Skoda gave them in hand, Kia did not gave us floor mats which we paid for. For nearly 2 months they made us to run behind multiple dealerships in Bangalore. We finally settled for 7d mats from a dealership in TN. Yes, no refund for carpet mats that we paid originally.
Before I made the full and final payment for my KIA Sonet, I sat with the sales guy and cross checked, what all accessories from their list is actually available with them. Selected the ones I wanted and then made the payment.
Old 29th November 2021, 04:38   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Thank god for that last part after the ...

For a moment I thought you got mudflaps instead of a car. I mean with Skoda you never know!

Maybe they genuinely want you to pick up that DIY habit. Haven't we all got some nudge at some point to move our backsides? Or maybe they are being Simply Clever!
Dry Ice is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 29th November 2021, 06:20   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

IMHO Mud-flaps Delete is a good modification from a looks perspective.

I've not had them on my cars for many years.

Skoda showroom hands over mud flaps during car delivery...without installing them!-image20211129102806.jpg

However, you need to do more cleaning if you drive on unpaved roads.

Skoda showroom hands over mud flaps during car delivery...without installing them!-image20211129103836.jpg

If you really want it then, ask the dealer to install them and I suppose they can do it during your next service/visit. That's better than you trying to drill a hole that may not be necessary.
kiku007 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks