Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2007, 21:42   #31

civic is an unstable car. so it is advisable to work on the suspension before you put power to your engine. performace brakes should also be taken under consideration
Old 13th June 2007, 22:08   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Ok, you're thinking of a track spec car or what? Adjustable suspension, coilovers, stiffened chassis, all for a daily drive?! Get real!

And no use putting a cat-back on. That's just a loud sounder. Not a real free-flow.

You guys really ought to take a look at the Civic's head before passing out advice on headers. The Civic comes with headers INTEGRATED into the head. You CANNOT put aftermarket headers on it.

absolutely true, aftermarket headers cannot be put on the civic.
the civic also comes with COPs so no scope for the so called performance enhancing plug wires
Old 14th June 2007, 02:13   #33
BHPian

cop??? enlighten me please
Old 14th June 2007, 08:03   #34
BHPian

COP stands for coil on plugs, where each plug has its individual coil resting right on top of the plug
Old 14th June 2007, 16:42   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
Ok, you're thinking of a track spec car or what? Adjustable suspension, coilovers, stiffened chassis, all for a daily drive?! Get real!

And no use putting a cat-back on. That's just a loud sounder. Not a real free-flow.
Well, the guy wants sensible mods, hence the suggestion. What's wrong with coilovers? If you can have FSD's, variable spring rates and what not, there's nothing wrong with adjustable suspension. Daily driver or track racer. Ok, the chassis bit might've been a bit of an overload.

Just a query; understood that the headers are integrated, but then, what other options do you have besides cat-back? And not all cat-backs are loud.

The whole point here is; I'm sure that Honda has made the I/T efficient enough. No point in going there unless you're playing around with the head with respect to cams, poppets, etc....so, for a daily drive, cat-backs SHOULD do just fine, eh...?
Old 14th June 2007, 18:55   #36
Senior - BHPian

A few questions

1. How much does a K&N cost? How much for a FFE?

2. What's the best place in Bangalore to get it done?

3. Would a K&N improve performance/mileage or not. I read through that thread and got even more confused !!!

4. Does one's warranty go void if its installed?
Old 14th June 2007, 19:02   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csentil View Post
A few questions

2. What's the best place in Bangalore to get it done?

3. Would a K&N improve performance/mileage or not. I read through that thread and got even more confused !!!

4. Does one's warranty go void if its installed?
1. Depends on which car. Depends on which car.

2. Depends on your choice.

3. Yes.

4. Depends on which filter and which car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1 View Post
Well, the guy wants sensible mods, hence the suggestion. What's wrong with coilovers? If you can have FSD's, variable spring rates and what not, there's nothing wrong with adjustable suspension. Daily driver or track racer. Ok, the chassis bit might've been a bit of an overload.

Just a query; understood that the headers are integrated, but then, what other options do you have besides cat-back? And not all cat-backs are loud.

The whole point here is; I'm sure that Honda has made the I/T efficient enough. No point in going there unless you're playing around with the head with respect to cams, poppets, etc....so, for a daily drive, cat-backs SHOULD do just fine, eh...?
Boss, what use is adjustable suspension? Not going to give you any extra horses. He won't be taking it to track. He won't have the time or inclination to sit down everyday and recalibrate his damping rates for not one, but four dampers. And warranty instantly void. Cat-backs are not really helpful because the cat still exists, thus they're not real performance enhancers. Maybe a little, but not worth the investment.

How do you figure that Honda has made the I/T efficient enough? I don't even know if they're using the same I/T system. See the differences between the JDM D15B and the Indian B15 Vtec intakes. That's quite a few horses right there.

I would suggest a basic free-flow cat-back, though it won't really help you too much. 3-5 bhp, tops. A nice intake, some headwork. Save up some cash and spring for a turbo. Nothing like forced induction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by impact View Post
civic is an unstable car.
How do you figure this? IIRC, it has a pretty long wheelbase and wide track.
Old 14th June 2007, 19:27   #38
Team-BHP Support

v1p3r yaar he has a civic AT.
Old 14th June 2007, 19:32   #39
Senior - BHPian

I have a Honda Civic. Thats the reason for posting it in this thread. :-)

vip3r, what would be your choice?
Old 14th June 2007, 19:44   #40
Senior - BHPian

Erm, my choice would be a Cedia.

Ok, see if you can't get Psycho to do some headwork and intake magic for you. That should liberate some power. Then a nice cat-back, custom made for your car. Will give you a marginal increase in power, and some nice growl.

The Civic is a good looking car, let down by its bumpers and rear. If I were you, I'd explore the possibilities of a bodykit. If you're into that sort of stuff, that is.
Old 14th June 2007, 20:14   #41
Senior - BHPian

I'll get back to my questions as they are not answered.

2. What's the best place in Bangalore to get it done? Gimme a couple of places if possible.

3. Does one's warranty go void if its installed?

Sorry for repeating the questions. I need to know the budget and other implications. I'm already stretched as it is. :-)
Old 14th June 2007, 21:34   #42
Senior - BHPian

1. How much does a K&N costsUniversal-4k,Conical-6k? How much for a FFE?FFE in your case would be a from the cat till the muffler.A branded one would be about 15-20k.You could get a custom made for 8-10k

2. What's the best place in Bangalore to get it done? Gimme a couple of places if possible.Airfilter,..buy it anywhere,..preferably get it installed at Hot Tracks,Ozz One.
Catback-for branded ones hottracks I guess.
Custom -Psycho,Raj,FRK,many many many.

Stock replacement airfilter-NO
Universal filter - YES
Cat back/Free flow - HELL YEAH!

Sorry for repeating the questions. I need to know the budget and other implications. I'm already stretched as it is. :-)
Old 15th June 2007, 01:37   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csentil View Post

2. What's the best place in Bangalore to get it done? Gimme a couple of places if possible.

1. 5-6k, plus some minor installation charges. FFE should be around 10k.

2. TBHP seems to favour Psycho. There are other options like FRK and RAC.

3. Yes, for everything except the stock replacement filter. But then again, a warranty really depends on your rapport with your service guys.
Old 15th June 2007, 11:48   #44
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
I would suggest a basic free-flow cat-back, though it won't really help you too much. 3-5 bhp, tops.
Highly doubt there is any gain from our local cat-back exhausts without any simultaneous design in the headers, 5 bhp gains from a cat-back ----- now this is for the 25 bhp thread!!!

manson.
Old 15th June 2007, 14:45   #45
BHPian

with a cat back and a typhoon intake a 5-7 bhp is possible on a 1.8L
heres a dyno chart form a corolla in the us got it off some forum its got a short ram intake and a catback

[IMG]http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks