Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2022, 11:22   #31
BHPian

Re: Is it worth detailing an old car? | Observations on detailing a 12-year old Skoda Laura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua_Ray View Post

Thanks buddy FundaG, ChandraSekar & rachitarora! Step 1 was around 3k. Step 3 quote will vary depending on the condition of the car and the amount of 'correction' needed. The quote was around 15k for me.
Dent removal would be more, but I had too many to remove sadly, 90% dents were there already when I purchased the car.
Thanks! Just to reconfirm, you opted for Step1 only and spent 3k? If yes, these would be the best 3k spent ever. I am tempted to get the detailing done on my Ciaz. I don't have too many dents, so the step 1 should be enough for me.
rachitarora1985 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2022, 13:42   #32
BHPian

Re: Is it worth detailing an old car? | Observations on detailing a 12-year old Skoda Laura

Hi, the car looks really great after the detailing. I'm tempted to go for this for my 8 year old XUV500. Could someone please suggest any good guy in Gurgaon and also the approx charges.

Thanks in advance!!
goel.honey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2023, 11:35   #33
BHPian

What is the ballpark figure that in involved. Any reason why no one mentions the cost? The costs vary wildly between shops and cities.
This will help to prevent getting taken for a ride.
Old 12th August 2023, 12:16   #34
BANNED

Great thread and information, thank you! Really goes to show that’s it’s better to wait for an expensive detailing - no need to get it right after delivery! I think every 2 years is a good interval to keep the car shiny!
Yesterdaysnews is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2023, 22:52   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachitarora1985 View Post
Thanks! Just to reconfirm, you opted for Step1 only and spent 3k? If yes, these would be the best 3k spent ever.
Yes! The shop was pretty new then, so he was eager for clients!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goel.honey View Post
Hi, the car looks really great after the detailing.
Thanks buddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandabear View Post
What is the ballpark figure that in involved.
As mentioned before, Step 1 was 3k and Step 3 was 15k for me. Cost will depend on condition and size of the vehicle...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesterdaysnews View Post
Great thread and information, thank you! I think every 2 years is a good interval to keep the car shiny!
Thank you! Yes, every 2-3 years should be a good interval
Joshua_Ray is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2023, 13:19   #36
BHPian

Thank you for the great insights about detailing the old cars. I have a 10 yrs old swift that has got the aged look, any recommendations for a good detailing place in Bangalore that won't be too heavy on the pocket?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks