Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2022, 22:41   #16
BHPian

Re: Seat Covers for cars with front seat airbags: Is it safe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayank612722 View Post
[*]Aftermarket Shop owners are saying that they can do it without affecting the airbag sensor but this post has me worried. link (Kia Seltos - Airbag sensor failure when fixing new seat covers)[/list]
Its not about the sensor. The airbag comes out of your seat. There is no way a cover is not going to cause issues with that. Stay away from such things.
lina is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2022, 23:05   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Don't do it.

Airbags are incredibly controlled explosions within your cabin. They aren't something to be messed around with.

The dealer probably knows very little about how airbags work, and not to mention he is incentivized by the sale of the seat covers.
Maruti has introduced Unique Range Of Seat Covers That Are Compatible With Side Airbags. It shows in the accessories page - "https://www.marutisuzuki.com/genuine-accessories/woods-terrain-liner-sleeve-new-brezza-zplus-variant/990j0m66ts3-020"

Also confirmed by sending them an email. But I don't know about other car manufacturers.

Last edited by Axe77 : 22nd September 2022 at 06:03. Reason: Fixing quote tag.
ACMerchant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2023, 13:55   #18

Maruti have designed apron seat covers for their vehicles with thoracic airbags (seat side-airbags). If you have a Maruti with such airbags, check with your dealer or Maruti's themselves. But firsst, go via your dealer.
KetanRindani is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2023, 15:32   #19
VIZ
BHPian

Hi, I contacted imperial leather seats at Bangalore for Brezza ZXI+ AT which has side air bag in seats.

They suggested these seat covers with an opening at side. These look different from MGA seat cover for ZXI+ which is more like a sleeve.Do you think imperial seats won't interfere with airbag deployment?
Attached Thumbnails
Seat Covers for cars with front seat airbags: Is it safe?-img20230225wa0005.jpg  

Seat Covers for cars with front seat airbags: Is it safe?-img20230225wa0007.jpg  

Seat Covers for cars with front seat airbags: Is it safe?-img20230225wa0006.jpg  

VIZ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2023, 15:39   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIZ View Post
Do you think imperial seats won't interfere with airbag deployment?
This looks odd but much better than many options with airbag compatible covers others offer. Toyota used to offer similar cover with opening as an accessory for their Yaris sedan. Try to match the color as close as the fabric cover underneath.

Last edited by Latheesh : 5th March 2023 at 15:41.
Latheesh is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2023, 01:53   #21
VIZ
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Try to match the color as close as the fabric cover underneath.
Do you think air bag opening mechanism will be affected due to stitches while installing cover or will it impact air bag deployment any other way?
Old 20th November 2023, 10:08   #22

Hello to Everyone.

Just had a question. I own a Skoda Superb 1.8 TSI Elegance and its OEM Leather seats have begun to rip off, one can clearly spot the mild wear n tear at the front seats as well as a huge tear at the back seats.
I enquired a few places and they assured me of proper fitting which wouldn't affect the Airbag setting, but after reading a few posts here, i somehow am skeptical.

But looking at the condition of the seats, It definitely does not look appealing to the eye. These seat covers are almost 11 years old now and even though the car is otherwise sparkling clean and well-maintained, the seats are a sore.
What do you suggest?

Any other feedback or comment would be appreciated

Last edited by Akki272 : 20th November 2023 at 10:27.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks