Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2007, 20:01   #1

MARUTI SUZUKI ZEN mod help!

i am searching for a used zen.i plan to get the basic mods done on it like RACTIVE air filter,NGK iridium spark plugs and wires,VIPER PERFORMANCE ffe.....please help me out by answering a few questions fellow BHPinas!

1) wat year and model should i go for in the zen?

2)should i go for a carb or mpfi engine?

3)what price(approx. wud also do) should a zen cost me?

4)is zen a good car to mod?

5)wat factors should be taken into consideration about the car(example:engine compression,mileage etc.) while searching for a second hand zen?

6)wat mileage shud a used zen give me after the following mods?

7)is powe steering beneficial in zen?
Old 17th June 2007, 21:14   #2
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIKHILallug View Post
i am searching for a used zen.i plan to get the basic mods done on it like RACTIVE air filter,NGK iridium spark plugs and wires,VIPER PERFORMANCE ffe.....please help me out by answering a few questions fellow BHPinas!

1) wat year and model should i go for in the zen?

2)should i go for a carb or mpfi engine?

3)what price(approx. wud also do) should a zen cost me?

4)is zen a good car to mod?

5)wat factors should be taken into consideration about the car(example:engine compression,mileage etc.) while searching for a second hand zen?

6)wat mileage shud a used zen give me after the following mods?

7)is powe steering beneficial in zen?
I guess there are a lot of threads on modding a Zen as Zen is one of the most popular cars in modding.

Guess i't be useful if you search the threads a bit.
Old 17th June 2007, 21:42   #3
Senior - BHPian

1)year - 2003 and above..

2)MPFI engine..

3) 1.25 to 2.25 or 2.50

4)YES..

5)engine(decarbed or what???) and gearbox condition, exhaust manifold and all pipings(level of rust), make an overall check for cheap or custom made crappy components under the hood..MILEAGE definitely...13kms and above is perferable..

6)depends upon the mods you are going to do...an optimum budget could pump extra mileage even from an second hand car..

7) depends upon your driving skills and the city in which you are going to hit the roads...for the power steering, i would say yes..

here are some good mods:
OWS(dont go for NGK) iridium spark plugs and msd ignition cables.
k&n air induction kit.
k&n oil filter.
FFE(custom or branded)check with automech.
13" or 14" mag wheels and tyres..
Old 17th June 2007, 21:45   #4
Senior - BHPian

Change your tuner if he wants you to put in iridium plugs and wires.
Old 17th June 2007, 22:17   #5
Senior - BHPian

Nice car to mod .

And no,you don't need irridium plugs and wires.Spend that 2.5 k on something like new brake pads or just spend it on your girlfriend.
Old 18th June 2007, 00:36   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binz View Post
just spend it on your girlfriend.
Step 1. Get a girlfriend.
Old 18th June 2007, 00:44   #7
Senior - BHPian

For what purpose you want to buy Zen ? Are you planning for next speed run ?
there are lots of thread for zen try to search.
Old 18th June 2007, 01:14   #8
Senior - BHPian

Step 1:Throw the engine out and plonk the esteem engine.
Old 18th June 2007, 01:16   #9
Senior - BHPian

Why stop at Esteem? Baleno, Vtec, CRDi, CRX, Civic, Vauxhall, so many options...
Old 18th June 2007, 02:06   #10
BHPian

hey buddy the zen definately is a good car to modify,my suggestion is mpfi all the way,carb's have a lot of room tweak around with but then mpfi's on the other hand aswel can be played around with a standalone ecu,the are hassle free compared to the carb and a lot of bolt on parts available for the suzuki g-series engine..also you have to decide whether yur going to opt for a transplant you currently have the g10 engine you can look at the g13,g16 or may be even the swift gti twincam engine,then there are a lot of other option's like the m13,m15,m16 depending on the kind of money you want to spend and whether you want to go n/a or f.i. is totally your choice,but please make sure you know what your doing,pay a little more and go to a good installer and a tuner otherwise you will land up with a wrecked up car which is probably slower than stock..hope this could help..cheers..happy revvin..!
Old 18th June 2007, 09:29   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragger View Post
at the g13,g16 or may be even the swift gti twincam engine,then there are a lot of other option's like the m13,m15,m16 depending on the kind of money you want to spend
I would suggest the owner not to get carried away. Expect the wiring to be super complicated for the M series engines. Plus don't expect the newer series engines to be compatible with an old body shell. Getting the engine to mount, plus hooking up your gearbox, driveshafts, braking suspension, everything will need to be overhauled. And it's a lot of money. Weirder stuff has been done, but them have deep pockets.

Either get an Esteem engine, even the carb one, mounts easily on the car. Get somebody who knows their work, who are good with carbs, get some port work, a good set of headers, and a performance camshaft, and you'd be good to go.

And if your tuner suggests you sooper exoticatinum spark plugs, save yourself the trouble and get a new tuner.
Old 18th June 2007, 10:12   #12

ok.....seems like i need to strike off spark plugs and wires off the list but cud u please tell me why wont they help?

i have engine swap in mind,but at a later stage....probably a baleno or 1.5 honda vtec engine whichever goes best with the zen.but wont either of these two engines become too heavy for the zens body?

ractive air filter,ffe...any other stage one mods? how will porting and polishing help and will it effect FE and mileage?

and should i go for MARUTI TRUE VALUE cars?

i heard tht the carb engines are better to mod on than the mpfi?

lots of questions buzzin in my head and i thank anyone who takes out their time and shares their invaluable knowledge here

my sincere gratitude
Old 18th June 2007, 11:21   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i have engine swap in mind,but at a later stage....probably a baleno or 1.5 honda vtec engine whichever goes best with the zen.but wont either of these two engines become too heavy for the zens body?

ractive air filter,ffe...any other stage one mods? how will porting and polishing help and will it effect FE and mileage?
If you want to swap the engine in the future than why do you want to port and polish heads of the existing engine ?

Anyways check this Link.

Cheers..
Old 18th June 2007, 17:07   #14
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
i heard tht the carb engines are better to mod on than the mpfi?
Depends on how good your tuner is with carbs. And from personal experience I would say its better to stick to MPFI. Will eliminate you a lot of hassles & headaches. Btw, who is your tuner?
Old 18th June 2007, 17:22   #15

i am geting the ffe done from VIPER PERFORMANCE(jignesh goradia),also the ractive filter will be installed by him.please answer my earlier question guys as i seek answers to them desperately plus do lemmme know what further stage one mods can i go for which wont affect fuel effiiciency or mileage?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks