Team-BHP - Ford Ikon external modifications
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Ford Ikon external modifications (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/25351-ford-ikon-external-modifications.html)

Hi All,

I own a Ford IKON 1.6 ZXi (August 2002). I am pretty happy with the interiors. Have gsport seat covers with matching side panels. Also a decent enough music system with amp and sub-woofer.

Now i am thinking of adding something to the exterior to improve the looks. thought of attaching a new spoiler and side-skirts along with alloy wheels. I went through the wheels/tyres forum and found that very interesting. But i still could not finalise on what brand of alloy wheels i should be thinking about.

also i need someone to advise me on where i can get custom-made rear spoilers in Bangalore and how much it would cost.

Looking forward to interesting replies from all

Try Kitup In Coinbatore they done a awsome job. In Delhi We have a KING of these , Our Very Own ARUSH sir.but i know you cant comedown to delhi:p . for alloys try aura, plati,neo etc.

For locations bangluru BHP-IANS can help ;)

I think the FIRST thing that you need to start with is getting a good set of alloys. Trust me, nothing looks half as good without good wheels+rubber in place.

Post and research in the tyre and alloy section and then take it from there, some amazing suggestions await you.

i agree with notorious and ankit

dude, a BIG NO for aura pleaseeeee, try other brands like OZ, enkei....go for 16" s....and wider tubeless tyres..but if you really wanna give a mean look...try getting SPINNERS..

Thanks...but i wonder where i can get those at cheap rates in Bangalore? Does anyone suggest going to J.C Road for this? Do we get original stuff there?

Any idea how much a new Ikon Front Bumper would cost? I am really bored of looking at the old Ikon bumpers and feel that the new one is cool.

If not the new one, i was planning to buy a custom made bumper from either Coimbatore or may be even from JC road in Bangalore. Would anyone suggest JC Road? Have never tried buying anything from there.

I used to have a similar 2002 1.6 ZXI. I checked with Ford regarding the front bumpers and the cost they mentioned was around 35K for original parts. If you are able to check in the grey market you may get it for much less.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sanju.sreekumar (Post 474504)
Thanks...but i wonder where i can get those at cheap rates in Bangalore? Does anyone suggest going to J.C Road for this? Do we get original stuff there?

ofcourse its all orignal stuff out there, the only thing is once you buy them and get some problem and rush back to him.. he will ask "who are u, we dont know you.. go away.."

Quote:

Originally Posted by sjcherian (Post 632770)
the cost they mentioned was around 35K for original parts.

Are you sure it costs 35000??? i think thats too much for a bumper!!

List of mods you can do:

good set of wheels (try upsizing the alloys with profile tyres) (rs.20000)
Basic 4sided Body-kit(rs.5000) with painting
Mesh Grille (rs.200)
sun-visor (rs.750)
spoiler(rs.1000) with painting
some sponsor stickers(rs.500)
Muffler End-Can (rs.3000)

Approx : rs.31000/- :)

I would say save those Rs. 500/- Dont go for any sponsor stickers unless you have something from their side.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sanju.sreekumar (Post 631476)
Any idea how much a new Ikon Front Bumper would cost?

I had got one for 3.5K from the local market. Getting it painted would cost you another 1.5K.

Cheers!!!

Thanks....i was shocked to read 35k by sjcherian...i am sure it was a typo error.

I have got an ikon at home. And I put up a body kit from a local workshop for about 20000 Rs including a new hood and spoiler. But honestly speaking, its the wheels and tyres that make the difference.
[url=http://img264.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p1010291nk8.jpg][/URL