Team-BHP - Immobilizer - Worth it??
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Immobilizer - Worth it?? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/25643-immobilizer-worth-2.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mainak (Post 481415)
@babureddy
i had the immo malfuntioning with my 1.3 OHC. It was night time. So had to call up a friend who has mastery oer these issues. He suggested me all ways. Including the vale mode. No avail. Engine used to start, immo came into action and died. Finally had to cut power to the security system from battery and what not !

hey now you are scaring me, but since i have already ordered it...i will search for all the possible options to get through it in case of a failure...anyway thanks for the reply...

Quote:

Originally Posted by mainak (Post 481415)
@babureddy
i had the immo malfuntioning with my 1.3 OHC. It was night time. So had to call up a friend who has mastery oer these issues. He suggested me all ways. Including the vale mode. No avail. Engine used to start, immo came into action and died. Finally had to cut power to the security system from battery and what not !

Which brand of Immos did you have mainak on your OHC?

@nimz
i had xenos firewall

@babureddy
maybe it was just my badluck. mayb if you use tapered connectors and proper wiring you wont face troubles.

I think mainak has faced a faulty system. Maruti is coming out with company fitted immobilizers for its cars and ICICI is giving a rebate of Rs500 on its insurance premium for cars with Immobilizers.

Immobilizer is a mandatory anti-theft device in advanced car markets like Europe and Australia. Transport Canada has made it mandatory that all new cars, light trucks, and SUVs are required to be equipped with an electronic immobilizer as of September 2007.

Statistics from these countries show a decrease in the Car thefts over the previous years, after it is made mandatory.

@babureddy - Even I have ordered an Autocop one with Immobs.

Would it have been better to go with the base autocop and get a steering lock / gear lock as suggested by Mainak. Even a gear lock serves the same funtion and prevents thief from driving away. So is an immob more advantageous?

Thanks
Nimz

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nimz (Post 481768)
@babureddy - Even I have ordered an Autocop one with Immobs.

Would it have been better to go with the base autocop and get a steering lock / gear lock as suggested by Mainak. Even a gear lock serves the same funtion and prevents thief from driving away. So is an immob more advantageous?

Thanks
Nimz

hey bro dont think much coz u hv already got it right ;)
so now buy a gear lock as well...double the security. and yeah make sure that the installation is done before your eyes. Ensure tapred connectors. Just avoid taping.

Ordered it!! Well.. I'll take that and if it creates probs will post it for the benefit of other bhpians.

Will take theMag;s number in case am stuck somewhere ;)

Cheers
Nimz

naah ! take precautions and surely you will be allright ;)

and totally forgot congrats on your spark..have fun and enjoy your drive..

Quote:

Originally Posted by mainak (Post 482294)
naah ! take precautions and surely you will be allright ;)

and totally forgot congrats on your spark..have fun and enjoy your drive..

Got the car?

Congrats!

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR (Post 482416)
Got the car?

Congrats!

Getting it tomorrow. :Cheering: As per dealer it should have gone for registration today

What is immobilizer?
Immobilizer feature is in Cedia or not?

Sales guy said I can not make a duplicate key. There is a key number attached for every key. If I need a duplicate key, I should go to their sales/service office and order/get one with the key no.
I think this is Immobilizer. Am I correct or missing something?

Quote:

Originally Posted by VMG (Post 822021)
What is immobilizer?
Immobilizer feature is in Cedia or not?

Sales guy said I can not make a duplicate key.

My Maruti sales guy said the same thing.
So I promptly went and got a duplicate key made.
The ignition would come on with this duplicate but the car (WagonR) would refuse to start. self starter works, engine turns over but does not fire.
A good look at the meter cluster and I could see a padlock icon flashing. This did not happen with the original key.
Maruti call it the iCATS system - Intelligent Car Anti-theft System.

Hi,

> Maruti call it the iCATS system - Intelligent Car Anti-theft System.

The key fob contains a chip and a transmitter. The main unit would be under the dashboard. Unless the main unit gives the transmitted signal and is the correct one, it would lock the fuel injection system and your car won't start.

You can make the duplicate of the key part, but the rest cannot be duplicated locally.

I am not sure about the Cedia, but if the dealer has said that a duplicate won't work, maybe it has a similar system.

There are such ssytems available separately which can be fixed in any car in addition to or instead of a central locking system.

Thats a good info. Which cars have this mechanism?
Quote:

Originally Posted by trrk (Post 822066)
The key fob contains a chip and a transmitter. The main unit would be under the dashboard. Unless the main unit gives the transmitted signal and is the correct one, it would lock the fuel injection system and your car won't start.

Hi,

> Thats a good info. Which cars have this mechanism?

Right now, all Marutis come with this system. If I remember correctly, the Innova has it.

I am not sure about what other cars come with this factory fitted.