Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2023, 17:39   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Michelin Tyre Inflator Review (Model 12266)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlearner View Post
I ended up ordering this and got ultra fast delivery within 1 day from Delhi to Bangalore. It's almost as if the seller does not want to give me a chance to cancel it (the seller did have very bad ratings, but I took the plunge)
I also bought the same quick connector. The vendor was 'Be You' and the product was dispatched from Faridabad in Haryana.

Incidentally, I too have the same Windek Tire inflator. The thread on the hose end were worn out, so used some teflon tape while assembling the connector to hose.

However, haven't got chance to try it out, caught up in too many things right now. Will share feedback after using.
AutoNoob is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2023, 10:58   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post

Shortcomings

...Again, when you are dealing with long cables, shifting the inflator from the right side of the car to the left or vice-versa becomes tedious. You need to unplug it, walk around the car with the inflator, cables and all, plug it back in and turn the key to accessory mode. One has to also ensure that the front door of the car is always open as that's where the power cord comes out from.
Get in the car.
Lower the windows on both sides.
Connect the pump, start car.
Step out, but send the pump through the open window to route the wire through the window instead of having to keep door open.

When swapping sides, just send it through the other window. No need to turn the ignition off as this pump has a switch. Mine didn't, so had to use the key.

Source: ̶I̶'̶m̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶l̶a̶z̶y̶! I think outside the box.

Thanks for the review, my 10+ year old inflator is dying and was looking at the Michelin as a replacement.
bravo6 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th May 2023, 09:01   #48
rsk
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post

Shortcomings

Again, when you are dealing with long cables, shifting the inflator from the right side of the car to the left or vice-versa becomes tedious. You need to unplug it, walk around the car with the inflator, cables and all, plug it back in and turn the key to accessory mode. One has to also ensure that the front door of the car is always open as that's where the power cord comes out from.
Any idea if we can extend the hose with something like this?

The 12v socket in my car is only in the boot therefore filling the front driver side tyre is tedious to the point it is becoming a deterrent for using the inflator.
Old 23rd May 2023, 05:44   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsk View Post
Any idea if we can extend the hose with something like this?
That is meant to attach to a compressor tank and won't fit these inflators.

1) You can try making thick cables with alligator clips on one end and a cigarette port on the other. Hook this up to your battery and connect the pump to it. Length can be customized to your needs.

2) If you are not worried about car's warranty, get an after-market cigarette port or two installed in your dash. Opens up possibilities to using more accessories such as fast chargers

3) Don't use your inflator to regularly top up; save it for emergencies only. Instead, fill air to a higher pressure at your nearest fuel station when returning home. Then lower it the next morning to the correct recommended pressure. May want to get a pressure gauge for this if you don't want to drag the inflator out.
bravo6 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks