Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2023, 14:23   #16
BHPian

Re: Want to add ORVM auto fold relay in my 2016 Baleno Alpha

I've added a RD branded one to my Ignis and is working perfectly. You can find the details in the below post.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...uti-ignis.html (Added Mirror Auto-Fold Module in my Maruti Ignis)
TorqueSteer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2023, 12:49   #17
Senior - BHPian

Re: Added Mirror Auto-Fold Module in my Maruti Ignis

I am also interested in fitting an auto folding ORVM on my 2018 model Tata Tigor AMT variant.

Is there any Tigor owner having an older version of Tigor (say 2017/18 models) who installed the Auto folding ORVM's in your car?

When the Tata Tiger 2019/2020 model started getting the auto-folding ORVMs, I have checked with the Tata dealer in my place and at that time they said that they don't have any arrangement to fit such ORVMs in older models

The problem is that in our area there are not many good private shops who deal with such products, hence had to get it from Tata dealers only.

Your suggestions/comments are welcome.

++

Mods: If you feel I have posted this in the wrong section, kindly move it.
Old 18th May 2023, 13:03   #18
BHPian

Re: Want to add ORVM auto fold relay in my 2016 Baleno Alpha

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_Fan View Post
Also those who have already installed ORVM relay, please guide me on how to do it in detail. The relay is connector to connector type so does it require any wire cutting?
The Relay needs power from the battery. If you know how to get that, the rest is just plug and play..

The relay has a Male output harness attached to it and a Female Input.
The stock plug (removed from the panel) goes into the relay (female port) and the out from the relay (Male plug) goes into the panel (Power windows panel of car). That's it. There isn't anything else to explain.

The RD ones come with the correct documentation explaining everything in detail with diagrams too.. If you know how to open door pads and pull power wire, you dont need anything else.

Power could be drawn in two ways,
- From fuse box
- From Battery directly.
Both have their own advantages and disadvantages. Finally, it boils down to answering the following
- Worker capability and
- Intent to mess into fuse box wiring or not?

If you want to add Auto power windows close too, You will need another relay from RD. The out from power window relay goes into AutoORVMRelay and the out from AutoORVMRelay goes into the power window panel. That's it.
Old 26th May 2023, 13:07   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntPaul View Post
I have an October 2022 Zeta AGS which my wife uses. How is the fit and finish of interiors post installation? Any rattles? This is one reason I did not even get seat cover installed in my car. The inside rear view mirror is already creating a racket.

I got a oem style reverse camera plus wiring harness online for 3.5K from Autoshopp/kwidsolutions website with oem connectors and position. You could try that out. OEM camera alone costs 6K, not sure how much the OEM harness costs. Waiting for time to do DIY installation. Routing the cables through the hatch door is a pain.

Will switching to 195 section tire improve ride quality? I am currently running factory recommended air pressure and find the ride very stiff, especially at the rear.
The 195 profile will make the grip better, it won't do much to the bumpiness. On stock suspension, I used to run 34psi on front and 28psi or 30psi on the rear. This would help ease the rear behavior.
Old 28th May 2023, 09:33   #20
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueSteer View Post
Being in Pune, there are many car decor shops near my place. I started enquiring there and they are quoting between 2000 to 3500 for the module.
Just had a look at the website of OEM. They are selling this for INR 1650 as on today

https://www.rdoverseas.in/product/rd-or-01-orvm-relay
Added Mirror Auto-Fold Module in my Maruti Ignis-screenshot-20230528-093155.jpg

Hope it helps

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks