Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2007, 17:32   #31
BHPian

What is the cost of RainX products?
Old 3rd October 2007, 19:07   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksethuram View Post
RainX was introduced in India long back by Pennzoil. I got RainX products from a oil dealer in GP road. If you get hold of a Pennzoil dealer anywhere you should be able to get it. I am not in town now, so will not be able to help you.
Thanks for the lead. Will take it from there.
Old 24th February 2008, 11:17   #33
BHPian

this may sound old school,,but use paper to clean the windscreen,news paper will do,,it works trust me,,we were stuck in the entry level indica and newspaper saved the day
Old 2nd July 2009, 19:16   #34
BHPian

Never tried that, but ive seen tobacco used on the windshield by one of my dads drivers years back. And it did work like a charm

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
MVK,

This is a common occurance - a semi-permanent film on the outside of the glass during rain even if the defogger/demister in on. I experienced it on my MLR drive and the damn layer wouldnt go away even with wash-wipe cycle from the wiper/downing all windows.

The solution I adopted - Sunsilk shampoo sacthets emptied, properly lathered across the windscreen by hand, and rinsed/dried with large tissue papers. Worked like a charm.
Old 9th July 2009, 01:24   #35
BHPian

Thats a nice idea. Can try out Tobacco for the front and the shampoo for the rear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaeJay View Post
Never tried that, but ive seen tobacco used on the windshield by one of my dads drivers years back. And it did work like a charm
Old 9th July 2009, 10:47   #36
BHPian

Related problem

In my Alto LXI (bought Dec 08), my wipers do not do a good job. In fact, I have mentioned this in one of my previous posts as well.

Here is what happens.
1. When the wiper does its job, it leaves behind a thin film which reduces visibility. It is as if the windshield were smeared with a thin layer of butter. When I try wiping it with my palms, it leaves behind a smear that makes the windshield almost opaque. If I do not do anything, the thin film disappears in about 40-45 seconds. It is really annoying when I have to drive in rain.

What I do is, therefore, wait till enough water has accumulated on the glass and then switch the wipers on at the lowest speed. It works fine to some extend.

Anyone can suggest the cause of this problem?

2. The wipers tend to make a grinding noise against the glass when I switch them on. After I let them run for a while (about 3 to 4 minutes), the sound reduces and the wiper runs smoothly (leaving behind a thin film, of course).

Please help me with the cause of this.
Old 14th July 2009, 02:00   #37
BHPian

I think its time to change the wiper blades. The rubber hardens over a period of time. Changing the wiper blades would solve your problem.
Old 14th July 2009, 13:42   #38
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelwriter View Post
In my Alto LXI (bought Dec 08), my wipers do not do a good job. In fact, I have mentioned this in one of my previous posts as well.
If you are saying you wipe the film off, does that mean it forms on the inside of the glass?

If you have bought your car in Dec 2008, 7 months is far too early for the wiper blades to go hard. Usually they last atleast for a year. Try getting the blades replaced and see if it solves your problem.

the grinding noise, is due to improper alignment of the wiper arm to the windshield. This can be sorted if you take your car to a M.A.S.S
Old 14th July 2009, 16:04   #39
Senior - BHPian

Have said this before - try the windshield wiper fluid from Maruti. I got it in the spare dept. of my MASS. A sachet costs around Rs. 10 something. Really helpful when you use the spray to clean the mud and stuff thrown by other vehicles in the rain. Helps to keep the visibility better for sometime...
Old 14th July 2009, 16:11   #40
Senior - BHPian

Damn! I'm waiting to try the tobacco and newspaper combo for a clear windshield on a rainy day. But drat! There are no rains in bangyland!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks