Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2007, 23:17   #16
Team-BHP Support

get a simple door edge beading, these are similar to show beadings that run around the door. fit this at the furthest end of your door while opening and will go in a long way to protect the door edges from scraping.

the ones that run on the side might not really help unless they have an extended lip like iKON or else they door will eventually scrape.
Old 28th August 2007, 09:32   #17
BHPian

Jaggu

Thanks for your reply. What you are advising is that instead of side beading, go for edge beading throughout the edge of the door ! Right.

But does it affect the door closure and its fitment. Sorry for ebing naive, but trying to understand with my available GREY cells

Ram P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
get a simple door edge beading, these are similar to show beadings that run around the door. fit this at the furthest end of your door while opening and will go in a long way to protect the door edges from scraping.

the ones that run on the side might not really help unless they have an extended lip like iKON or else they door will eventually scrape.
Old 28th August 2007, 10:29   #18
Team-BHP Support

nope ram, just put a 1.5 or 2 inch bit at the furthest corner when opened. maruti vehicle usually come with a small bit, something similar bit 1/2 inch longer.

i have observed that most often we land up scrapping the bottom while opening to pavement et all compared to outside since generally we have vision and will be careful.
Old 29th August 2007, 13:41   #19
BHPian

Jaggu,

At times cars in my company's parking lot are parked too close to each other, and there is a possibility that the adjacent car's door hits the door of your car when opened.

To prevent such a thing, wouldnt a door beading that runs across the length would be required?

Ajay
Old 6th September 2007, 08:58   #20
BHPian

Does anyone have any idea about body color door beading done for Swift in BLR? Like what we have for V-TEC ? I am planning for my swift silver . Can it be done outside like spray painting the beading and then sticking it up the doors ?
Old 4th October 2007, 13:15   #21
BHPian

OT:

Saw a spiked bumper beading of a palio on airport road in BLR yesterday. Bumper beading was on the four corners of the vehicle and one can easily see steel spikes out of them. Wonder what will happen to the vehicle which nudges the palio. It was a TN regd vehicle.
Old 5th October 2007, 19:11   #22
BHPian

Actually the bumper beadings are mostly used to hide scratches already caused on the bumper !
Old 18th March 2009, 11:02   #23
BHPian

Restarting it again
My getz door beading came out when car hit the parking gate. I got this replace with Hyundai service guys. There were very minor scratch which went with rubbing compound . Felt the real use of it.I need to buy all 4 as it comes in set. Unfortunately same beading again came out and dropped somewhere.

Now again I need to shell our 600 + bucks to buy that set. Is there any place where I can get single beading.

These beading are made of plastic so come out easily.These are fixed with some hinges made in beading with some small screws etc.Earlier these were of rubber material and sticked through double sided tape. These don't come out with impact.

Last edited by aka_iitd : 18th March 2009 at 11:04.
Old 19th August 2018, 09:49   #24
Senior - BHPian

Re: Door Beading and Bumper Beading Useful ?

My new car seems to be missing the rubber cover on one of the sides of the roof channels. I'm just curious if this is a functional or a cosmetic piece. If its just cosmetic, I will wait until my next scheduled service and make the dealer do it, but if its functional, and cause rust etc, will put in a replacement myself
Old 22nd June 2019, 16:23   #25
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

The door beading of one of the doors of my car has fallen off.

It was an aftermarket one, which was pasted using double sided rubber tape.

Can someone suggest me a good tape, which I can use to fix it back.

Rohan
Old 22nd June 2019, 17:42   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
Hi,

The door beading of one of the doors of my car has fallen off.

It was an aftermarket one, which was pasted using double sided rubber tape.

Can someone suggest me a good tape, which I can use to fix it back.

Rohan
Go for 3M double sided tape or 3M VHB tapes, will be available at almost all car accessories shops. Be aware that most of the small shops would have duplicate tapes, the original ones are generally thinner with proper 3M markings on the plastic backing and cardboard roll, they are available in varying widths and you only have to evenly apply all around on the edges of beading.. please don’t leave gaps else water/dust will get in between the door and beading and it will again come off after a few days.
RajeVenu is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed