Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2012, 11:34   #16
BHPian

Re: Are Door Visors good to install?

I am also thinking to get them fixed on my ANHC; however, still wondering about the possible negatives of rain visors as fellow members have quoted as below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpullockaran View Post
You would negate the millions that the car companies spent in the wind tunnel by putting on extra protrusions however small they may be anywhere on the car. If its going to be used at less than 40kmph only in the city then the protrusions do not have that major effect on the aerodynamics but at highway speeds its a big no no.
Bye and wear your seat belts.
Not a serious concern for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by fash_1 View Post
Also heard from my mech that might help in water getting collected, which might result in formation of rust.

Really serious!
Old 5th July 2012, 13:44   #17
BHPian

We had them fixed in our M800, it really helped during rains. A definite plus there. I have not put it on my Figo. And everytime I drive in the rain, I have to use the AC as the windows and windscreens would fog up. I think if you can live with the changed look of the car, its a worthwhile addition.
Old 5th July 2012, 14:03   #18
Senior - BHPian

I had them in my esteem, it did serve the purpose during rains and in city traffic, but it was so noisy on the highways that I stopped the car and yanked them off.
esteem_lover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2012, 14:40   #19
BHPian

These are really helpful during light rains. Since I do not have much of highway runs, it kind of works out for me.
I have an Alto LX 2003 and the visors have enhanced the look, as per my eyes! :-P

Not sure of the rusting issue due to visors as yet, since my vehicle was already prone to rusting. :-(
Old 3rd August 2012, 18:01   #20
BHPian

I am told by my friend that the Adhesive used to fix these visors is very strong and could peel off the paint when you want to remove the visors. Is this any true?

Last edited by veyron_head : 3rd August 2012 at 18:02. Reason: typo
Old 3rd August 2012, 19:21   #21
BHPian

I installed them in my Alto at the start of this monsoon, and they have been serving the purpose very well. Since turning on the AC results in major performance lag, I find that keeping the windows down 1 inch completely helps, specially with the outside temperature being pleasant. Also, the guy at the accessories shop tells me that they can be taken off anytime and fixed back with adhesive tape. I guess that should make sure that the paint does not peel off, since similar tape is usually used elsewhere on the body as well. Also, I have put black vinyl tape around the windows, so that cancels out the entire problem for me.
Old 4th August 2012, 09:32   #22
BHPian

Somehow i am against visors due to two reasons:
1. It is against the aerodynamics of the vehicle, so much of R&D goes into aerodynamics and we just waste all those efforts with a set of visors.
2. During light rains keeping the windows open to that extent and driving on highways makes so much of noise, it is outright irritating
3. Most of them looks very cheap plastic, i am yet to find a good branded stuff.

Purely personal opinion
Old 14th September 2012, 18:06   #23
BHPian

I was always against door visors since I feel they ruin the look of the car. Never had any in any of my cars. However currently I am driving my wife's car which has them (bought used car) and I must say they have good utility at least inside the city.

First Hand Experience:
1. During rain, do not have to use AC to defog windshield, just keep the windows slightly open. I hate to use the AC when weather outside is so nice.
2. Can keep the windows slightly open to avoid pressure cooker car when parking outside in the sun.
3. You can throw out stuff out of the window without them getting back to the car

However, not sure about wind noise etc. as I have never taken this car outside the city.
suchit23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2013, 01:21   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suchit23 View Post

1. During rain, do not have to use AC to defog windshield, just keep the windows slightly open. I hate to use the AC when weather outside is so nice.
2. Can keep the windows slightly open to avoid pressure cooker car when parking outside in the sun.
3. You can throw out stuff out of the window without them getting back to the car
Well said mate.
Those are the almost similar reasons why I had them on all my cars.
Also during harsh top Sun, especially in a country like India, even with tints, these visors help in reducing heat.
Old 7th February 2013, 02:13   #25
BHPian

The tinted visors in my i10 is affecting visibility (towards right side) in sharp curves.
Old 7th February 2013, 20:36   #26
BHPian

I have been trying to source Mobis brand Door Visors here in Delhi NCR for my Hyundai Accent GLE, but none of the Hyundai dealers have it in stock. Does anybody know from where can i buy them?
Old 9th February 2013, 09:09   #27
Senior - BHPian

Window visors seem quite popular in some countries like Taiwan and Thailand. In Thailand, almost every car has them! It would cause some wind noise at higher speeds. The Honda city I drove in Thailand recently at highway speeds seemed rather like stock wrt wind noise though. So, I guess rhetoric design of the visor road to a car model matters a lot.
Old 12th February 2013, 18:11   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuildUpGypsy View Post
The tinted visors in my i10 is affecting visibility (towards right side) in sharp curves.
It does surely,especially if you have 'driver seat height adjustment' .
But not a great issue,IMO,as one gets habituated.
Old 13th February 2013, 12:46   #29
Senior - BHPian

I've found 95% of all cars and SUVs in Sri Lanka having door visors, probably because it rains a lot there.

The Toyota Hiace van we'd used for a week also had those. But one thing that really affected me was the visibility at the passenger side. Like in India, most banks in small towns have the name of the town on their signboards, but the visor on the passenger door was simply obstructing my visibility. Even after sliding down as much as I could, with seat belt on, I could not read the boards to figure out where I was.

Further, on ghat roads, I could not see the road winding upwards to my left. This was not so on flat roads, as the level of the visor did not obstruct my view, but on ghat roads, this was a serious matter.

Owing to the aforesaid reasons, I've decided not to go for them, despite the advantages listed.
Old 14th February 2013, 08:57   #30
BHPian

Any suggestions on the brand to source for ANHC. And any thoughts on the pricing.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks