Team-BHP - Ambassador with a 4.5 Liter, 6 cyl FORD engine!!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Ambassador with a 4.5 Liter, 6 cyl FORD engine!! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/27012-ambassador-4-5-liter-6-cyl-ford-engine-3.html)

This should turn out to be be one mean machine.. a Indian Hot Rod no less.
With that engine I am sure he can do Doughnuts with ease.

The hood job shouts "I want to try and fit in with the cars from the 90s"
The alloys shout "I to fit in with the 00s".

And a whole Amby marque shouts I am from the 40s.

Apart from the hood and the alloys which seem out of place.. I would love to see and hear this car move ..

Is this in bangy or chennai. Aditya, Your location confuses me. :D

If I had the money I would love to do such a project on a Padmini or some other old model car.

I wonder what the mechanic has done to cope with the immense torque this engine is liable to give out specifically in relation to the rear :mad:differential unit.

Bye and wear your seat belts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by IronWolf (Post 519138)
Is this in bangy or chennai. Aditya, Your location confuses me.

This mean machine is in Chennai.

Sorry for the confusion IronWolf. My body is in chennai while my heart and soul is in Bangy. lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by drpullockaran (Post 519198)
I wonder what the mechanic has done to cope with the immense torque this engine is liable to give out specifically in relation to the rear :mad:differential unit.

Bye and wear your seat belts.

Very valid point - Surely the differential is also from the Ford Falcon - assuming the tubes holding the axle fit into the width of the car shell, as the axles & differentials on the Ambys were always an issue. They'd break down even if you had to get off the road on highways (overtaking situations) The OE axles could not even sustain the Amby's engine -surely would not be able to handle the huge power / torque surge :)

Cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by n_aditya (Post 519677)
This mean machine is in Chennai.

Sorry for the confusion IronWolf. My body is in chennai while my heart and soul is in Bangy. lol:

Even then.. I am sure you love doing drives on OMR and ECR. nd lil drags in Bessy?

My Body is in bangalore and soul is in Madras. !!

Quote:

Originally Posted by n_aditya (Post 517661)
P.S. Rudra, dedicating this thread to you. :)

Thanks and nice find. And you just can't dedicate this thread by putting some pictures only. :)
Please find for me as which make (car/model/maker) propeller shaft and differential they're using. And how exactly they've floor mounted that propeller shaft junction.

Chennai team, can you please find these?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudra Sen (Post 520401)
Chennai team, can you please find these?

Uh oh! There goes the Amby for its nth engine swap! For you, old man, I will send down a Chevy V6.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeroid (Post 520593)
Uh oh! There goes the Amby for its nth engine swap! For you, old man, I will send down a Chevy V6.

No boss, I'm doing nothing more for Amby. Just want to know those information.

Jeez! That's a monster all right. This has always been a childhood fave; glad to see one with some serious power.

I've seen ambis with fridge, video, power windows, 12-speakers (or more), merc steering, teakwood steering, huge wheels, rectangular HEADlamps, AHUJA audio system in boot, rare engines like JAYA diesel and spotted one way back in 2000 with DIGITAL dashboard instrumentation, done in green fluro displays. Even a stretch limo job...
Long live Amby, the car that is almost like photoshop, u can do whatever you want with it.:)

hmm what are those bottle coils doing in the engine bay??

awesome find.....someone put up the specs of tht falcon engine pls....

You can read all about the Falcon here

I tried finding about the engine but to no avail, there was a 4.0L straight 6, is it sure this amby is running a 4.6L engine, the 4.6L engine on the falcon was the V8, i guess the same block which Ford kept upgrading in the Mustang?

hmm,but why wud anyone wanna do that to an amby?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sabret00the (Post 522841)
hmm,but why wud anyone wanna do that to an amby?

Why?..... Why not? :)