Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2023, 19:00   #1
BHPian

Gifting my wife a White Jeep Compass, but she wants a Red one | Now what?

Hi Everyone,

I own an almost new Night Eagle, Black & White, Jeep Compass which I wish to gift to my wife. Now don't expect the reason behind, mentioned here. Isn't it sufficient that I am married. The only hitch in this plan is that my wife is not very keen on white colour as incidentally all of her cars till now were white only. So what is the solution to get out of this conundrum. Dim wit me have hit upon an idea and i want to take inputs form all you, bright, experienced and married ones. Can I wrap the car Red. Does it make any sense. Think all the angles and then press the keys. I am talking about the car here not the rose.

Thanks

Moderators: please shift the post to the appropriate section, if required.
fawad0222 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 14th November 2023, 19:07   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Gifting my wife a White Jeep Compass, but she wants a Red one | Now what?

- Wrap it. There are many fantastic vinyl wrap providers in Mumbai & Pune.

- If the lady wants red, it has to be red. Frankly, I agree with her. The Jeep Compass looks H-O-T in red.

- Never change the colour via a repaint in the aftermarket. The entire car is stripped and you lose that "factory build quality".

- Check out some matte red options in the wraps too. They look amazing. Matte red + black rims + black roof will keep not just the wife happy, but you too .

Gifting my wife a White Jeep Compass, but she wants a Red one | Now what?-10352581_590417557739891_1226713985922545141_n.jpg
GTO is offline   (37) Thanks
Old 14th November 2023, 19:26   #3
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

It is blasphemous to have thought about a gift not knowing her taste and you are making it even scandalous by thinking an after market wrap job.

Drop all of these thoughts right away and get her probably a Red Jeep Wrangler or Grand Cherokee (Is it even made still?) and atone your sins and thought crimes
thanixravindran is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 14th November 2023, 19:32   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fawad0222 View Post
Hi Everyone,

I own an almost new Night Eagle, Black & White, Jeep Compass which I wish to gift to my wife. Now don't expect the reason behind, mentioned here. Isn't it sufficient that I am married. The only hitch in this plan is that my wife is not very keen on white colour as incidentally all of her cars till now were white only. So what is the solution to get out of this conundrum.
The only practical option is to wrap it.

You are married brother, why take such risks of surprising and then being surprised yourself!

Next time tell your wife the surprise (indirectly), understand the hints from her reaction, take notes, wait a couple of days, keep taking notes and then go ahead with the purchase on what is observed for the past couple of days.

PS, I hope that you haven't just rushed to wrap the car red yet. WAIT, take hints bro.

Last edited by Axe77 : 15th November 2023 at 08:08.
iamahunter is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 14th November 2023, 19:50   #5
BHPian

Wrapping is the only option left for you to wrap the blunder committed by not knowing her mind before buying the car. On a second thought I have come to know that ppf films are also available nowadays in different colours. Not sure how good they are, but you can inquire about these too.
Sandeep500 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th November 2023, 20:08   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Just curious, so when you purchased the car (even if it was for yourself) was there no discussion on the color? Even if it was for yourself, I assume there would have been a discussion and your wife would have made her displeasure for the white apparent.

I am not sure about the wrapping. Full wrap technically changes the color of the car and the RC will reflect the original color. So while it is probably fine in 95% of cases, there is always a small chance that if stopped for a police check, the discrepancy can be noticed and questioned which your wife will probably not like to happen.

Do you plan to get another car for yourself after gifting this? If so, maybe keep this and make the new one the gift.

Last edited by Axe77 : 15th November 2023 at 08:09. Reason: Minor spacing edits.
Rajeevraj is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 14th November 2023, 20:08   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

You know your wife best, but if it was my wife I would mortgage the house one more time, sell one of the kids and buy her a new, red car!

Good luck!

Jeroen
Jeroen is online now   (119) Thanks
Old 14th November 2023, 20:21   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeroen View Post
You know your wife best, but if it was my wife I would mortgage the house one more time, sell one of the kids and buy her a new, red car!

Good luck!

Jeroen
This is new, I've heard and read umpteen posts on selling ones Kidney for buying a car.

Mortgage the house and sell a kid too good.

Regards
Vinod_nair is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th November 2023, 20:26   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinod_nair View Post
This is new, I've heard and read umpteen posts on selling ones Kidney for buying a car.

Mortgage the house and sell a kid too good.

Regards
Sell two kids if you have to. Take a second or a third mortgage. Never ever disappoint your wife! Trust me everything is easy to handle compared to a disappointed wife!

Jeroen
Jeroen is online now   (46) Thanks
Old 14th November 2023, 21:44   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Change the Wife
Oops, change the color.

Quote:
Can I wrap the car Red. Does it make any sense. Think all the angles and then press the keys.
That's one viable option to satisfy her and retain the car. But changing the color by any means is not legal. If you live in a place where cops are friendly enough to let the wrapped cars, go ahead. Otherwise, think of replacing the car or convincing your wife (if possible )
Mr.Boss is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 14th November 2023, 23:29   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
Change the Wife
Oops, change the color.

That's one viable option to satisfy her and retain the car. But changing the color by any means is not legal. If you live in a place where cops are friendly enough to let the wrapped cars, go ahead. Otherwise, think of replacing the car or convincing your wife (if possible )

Ha Ha Mr. Boss,

You definitely understand my woes.

I thought wrapping the car is a legal job. Can anyone throw more light on the subject.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanixravindran View Post
It is blasphemous to have thought about a gift not knowing her taste and you are making it even scandalous by thinking an after market wrap job.

Drop all of these thoughts right away and get her probably a Red Jeep Wrangler or Grand Cherokee (Is it even made still?) and atone your sins and thought crimes
Absolutely agree with you its nothing less than a blasphemy, not to think about her choice but the car was originally intended for this old, haggard, rickety truly yours guy who finds white as beautiful but God had other plans. hence this dare devilry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Just curious, so when you purchased the car(even if it was for yourself) was there no discussion on the color? Even if it was for yourself , I assume there would have been a discussion and your wife would have made her displeasure for the white apparent..

Do you plan to get another car for yourself after gifting this? If so, maybe keep this and make the new one the gift.
I am intending to buy another car for myself but an automatic one as I am no longer in a position to drive my current manual car. My wife prefers manual though.

How does the wrap look like. Does it look good enough to warrant a serious thought. Perhaps the people who wrap might have some idea about how to overcome the legal challenges.

Regards

Mod Note: Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules again please. Thank you.

Last edited by Axe77 : 15th November 2023 at 08:07. Reason: Merging three back to back posts. Please also use uppercase text where needed. Thank you.
fawad0222 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2023, 23:50   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Ha Ha Mr. Boss,

You definitely understand my woes.

I thought wrapping the car is a legal job. Can anyone throw more light on the subject.
Yes, sir in order to make it legal one would have to check their local RTO rules if they allow a change in color, I am unaware of the Aligarh RTO but color change in RC is allowed in Pune as I have seen several videos of Brotomotiv confirming that they first apply for color change in RC and then wrap or repaint the car in different color.

Last edited by Axe77 : 15th November 2023 at 08:07. Reason: Please use upper case text where required. Thank you.
revvharder is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 15th November 2023, 12:51   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Everyone,

I own an almost new Night Eagle, Black & White, Jeep Compass which I wish to gift to my wife. Now don't expect the reason behind, mentioned here. Isn't it sufficient that I am married. The only hitch in this plan is that my wife is not very keen on white colour as incidentally all of her cars till now were white only. So what is the solution to get out of this conundrum. Dim wit me have hit upon an idea and i want to take inputs form all you, bright, experienced and married ones. Can I wrap the car Red. Does it make any sense. Think all the angles and then press the keys. I am talking about the car here not the rose.

Thanks

Moderators: please shift the post to the appropriate section, if required.
In the same boat; only difference is - i am still thinking. Want to buy a Thar - like the new white color on the Thar, but wife wants RED.

So i will go with RED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeroen View Post
Sell two kids if you have to. Take a second or a third mortgage. Never ever disappoint your wife! Trust me everything is easy to handle compared to a disappointed wife!

Jeroen
heh heh too good
Old 15th November 2023, 13:36   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Ha Ha Mr. Boss,
I am intending to buy another car for myself but an automatic one as I am no longer in a position to drive my current manual car. My wife prefers manual though.
Propose you are going to buy the new automatic car to be red, just for her. This way you get to see white car and your better half sees Red car. Win-win for both .
SuperGirl_Dad is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th November 2023, 15:24   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

I had my car wrapped in red and it still is holding up great after 4 years. Go for wrap from a reputed detailer, it should do the trick.
AtheK is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks