Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2023, 13:15   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: Mechkartz.com Review | Ordered Mitsubishi (OE) spare parts, got Mitsuboshi (OEM) instead

Mitsubishi parts (Genuine) are getting harder to come by. I have even seen/bought some parts with Mitsubishi logo and part numbers on them but turned out to be a first copy one. As per the current scenario, we have to make do with the parts we get here or get these parts from OE suppliers in middle east.
man_of_steel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2023, 16:22   #17
Senior - BHPian

re: Mechkartz.com Review | Ordered Mitsubishi (OE) spare parts, got Mitsuboshi (OEM) instead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manoj2268 View Post
But the efficacy of the part wont be an issue as I am running the replacement drive belt in My Suzuki access as the OE was not in stock.
Quote:
Originally Posted by asit.kulkarni93 View Post
But I don't get the point as to why you wouldn't install the part that was sent especially when you have paid for it and it's geniunely a good part?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
Mitsuboshi is also a reputed OE supplier that has been at it for over a hundred years.

It takes only a few minutes and a bunch of ignorant people to ruin a business/website's reputation irreparably by blasting it on the homepage without any context.
I am not denying that Mitsuboshi is a bad brand in any way. However, I am very well aware of the prevalence of fake parts, especially for Mitsubishi cars, which is a significant concern for people like us.
If a seller is willing to engage in this bait-and-switch game, what's stopping them from selling fake parts? Why Send pics of OEM Parts and send something else? Would you jeopardize your engine for a part that costs 4-5k? Rebuilding an engine can run into lakhs! Purchasing a new timing belt would set you back another 5k. Which option would you choose, my friend?
If this classifies me as "one of those "ignorant peoples"," then yes, I plead guilty, as I did request pictures before the item was sent!

Recently, a member in our WhatsApp group changed his timing belt and tensioner on his Pajero Sport. All the parts he sourced were labeled as "SO-CALLED" OEM parts. However, after spending 10K, the timing belt failed, causing significant damage to half of the engine.
As usual the seller wash's his dirty hands by calming that the parts were not installed properly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
There will be cost difference between OEM and OE. So, if the seller charged for OEM and sold an OE then the cost difference should be refunded.
Needless to say, the seller blocked me when I requested a refund!

Anyway, I ended up losing some money.
However, I'm posting this here to assist potential buyers in avoiding falling into such traps set by these sellers. Always insist on receiving pictures of the actual item before parting with your hard-earned money.

Once money changes hands, the seller's demeanor and communication can undergo significant changes.

Last edited by Captain Slow : 22nd November 2023 at 16:45.
Captain Slow is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2023, 16:28   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
I am not denying that Mitsuboshi is a bad brand in any way. However, I am very well aware of the prevalence of fake parts, especially for Mitsubishi cars, which is a significant concern for people like us.

Recently, a member in our WhatsApp group changed his timing belt and tensioner on his Pajero Sport. All the parts he sourced were labeled as "SO-CALLED" OEM parts. However, after spending 10K, the timing belt failed, causing significant damage to half of the engine.
As usual the seller wash's his dirty hands by calming that the parts were not installed properly!

Needless to say, the seller blocked me when I requested a refund!

Anyway, I ended up losing some money.
However, I'm posting this here to assist potential buyers in avoiding falling into such traps set by these sellers. Always insist on receiving pictures of the actual item before parting with your hard-earned money.

Once money changes hands, the seller's demeanor and communication can undergo significant changes.
I agree there are a lot of fakes/1st copy parts in the market which aren't the same quality as per the original manufacturer standards, but I believe in certain cases we don't have an option anymore especially for Mitsubishi's as even I find it difficult to source good quality parts for my Lancer, I see that you're also based in Bangalore do you have any contacts who are trustworthy?
Old 23rd November 2023, 16:48   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
I remember, back in the day, someone on the forum had claimed that Mahle was a local junk brand that sold oil filters. It took a few forum members to correct the person in question that Mahle was in fact a highly reputed OE supplier that even manufactured parts for Formula 1 cars.
Mitsuboshi is also a reputed OE supplier that has been at it for over a hundred years.
It takes only a few minutes and a bunch of ignorant people to ruin a business/website's reputation irreparably by blasting it on the homepage without any context.
Only you and other 2 members used the word "junk", while the OP did not, so I think you're misunderstanding the issue here.

The complaint here I think falls in the nature of "Different goods sent, than those described online".
It doesn't matter how many years has Mitsub0shi been in business, when you ask for a specific thing online, you must get just that. Even another colour of item is wrong, leave alone another brand.

An ethics-focused business will:-
1. Clarify clearly, that the brand is Mitsub0shi, and whether it actually sold parts to Mitsubishi at any time during history (or not), irrespective of their standing in the market,
2. take the time to explain that the brand we're selling is around/over a 100 years old, and quality can be expected from it,
3. send pics which are of the specific product to be sent, in the packaging one can expect it in,
4. be clear in its policy regarding refunds and returns, and never EVER block your customer, unless things go to a harassment level.

If the seller has their own version, they're free to make a team-bhp account and defend themselves. From the little information we have, prima facie, it does appear the customer is correct here.
Communication is an important part of customer experience, just delivering an ok product is not enough, this is not 1970.

Unfortunately though, many never truly take the time to understand how an ideal business should be. And thus, we as customers face gaps in service, which @bijims has described very well.
Why are we in a hurry to mint money, and not to learn first?

Quote:
Originally Posted by asit.kulkarni93 View Post
But I don't get the point as to why you wouldn't install the part that was sent especially when you have paid for it and it's geniunely a good part?
Could be that maybe the OP is not aware of this specific brand, like I was not (I'm a biker so its ok, for me)?
I think its ok to not know some things. After all, what are online discussions for?
Old 23rd November 2023, 17:27   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Fake parts could, and usually do, have company branding and logos. The account of another person that you refer to below could have fallen in the same trap.

Quote:
If a seller is willing to engage in this bait-and-switch game, what's stopping them from selling fake parts? Why Send pics of OEM Parts and send something else? Would you jeopardize your engine for a part that costs 4-5k? Rebuilding an engine can run into lakhs! Purchasing a new timing belt would set you back another 5k. Which option would you choose, my friend?
Forgive me if I have missed something here; the first picture merely had a timing belt with the packaging having the Mitsubishi logo. If the seller supplied a photo of an actual timing belt with the Mitsubishi logo/branding on it, then feel free to correct me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samarth 619 View Post
Only you and other 2 members used the word "junk", while the OP did not, so I think you're misunderstanding the issue here.
The word junk was referring to the case of the Mahle incident that I was talking about.

Quote:
The complaint here I think falls in the nature of "Different goods sent, than those described online".
It doesn't matter how many years has Mitsub0shi been in business, when you ask for a specific thing online, you must get just that. Even another colour of item is wrong, leave alone another brand.
I think we'll simply have to agree to disagree. The fact that Mitsuboshi is an actual OE supplier to Mitsubishi and multiple other Japanese brands seems to not be considered relevant at all in this matter. The seller promised an OEM replacement, provided one, and we've spent a page and a half to discuss the meaning of OE/OEM.

Quote:
An ethics-focused business will:-
1. Clarify clearly, that the brand is Mitsub0shi, and whether it actually sold parts to Mitsubishi at any time during history (or not), irrespective of their standing in the market,
2. take the time to explain that the brand we're selling is around/over a 100 years old, and quality can be expected from it,
3. send pics which are of the specific product to be sent, in the packaging one can expect it in,
4. be clear in its policy regarding refunds and returns, and never EVER block your customer, unless things go to a harassment level.
#4, absolutely. The rest of the requirements seem to verge into completely unreasonable territory. It is not the job of a parts-selling website to educate the customer about the legacy of each and every company that they're distributing parts of. Nor is it practical to do a one-on-one with every potential customer when you're in the business of selling spare parts.

However, having said all of this, blocking a customer on the basis that they asked for a refund is unforgiveable. They've lost any chance of justifying themselves. Would I give them my business? No. Would I use the timing belt if I was the OP? Yes.
Old 23rd November 2023, 17:28   #21
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Guys, this thread has been discussed enough. Closing it now. Mitsuboshi is a reputed OEM maker of belts.
Old 23rd November 2023, 21:57   #22
Team-BHP Support

Re: Mechkartz.com Review | Ordered Mitsubishi (OE) spare parts, got Mitsuboshi (OEM) instead

Note from Support: OE & OEM tags added to thread title for clarity.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks