Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2023, 09:59   #1
Senior - BHPian

Mechkartz.com Review | Ordered Mitsubishi (OE) spare parts, got Mitsuboshi (OEM) instead

While searching for parts for my Mitsubishi, I came across a website called mechkartz.com.
This dealer/website has received several endorsements in some of the WhatsApp groups we are part of.
To keep it brief, I requested a timing belt from the seller and specifically asked for an OE (Original Equipment) company timing belt with the correct part number.

Name:  whatsapp1.png
Views: 508
Size:  368.1 KB

Upon requesting pictures of the item, the seller sent me images of what seemed to be the OE part.
Mechkartz.com Review | Ordered Mitsubishi (OE) spare parts, got Mitsuboshi (OEM) instead-mech-2.jpg

However, upon receiving the items, I discovered they were aftermarket parts! The seller refuses to acknowledge this and insists that what he sent me is an OE original part, which is quite amusing.

Mechkartz.com Review | Ordered Mitsubishi (OE) spare parts, got Mitsuboshi (OEM) instead-mech-3.png
There is no way I am installing this on my car and taking the risk, especially with something as critical as a timing belt. Lesson learned: avoid buying from unknown dealers or individuals!

Attached are pics of our conversation.

I Lost the money and did not want to deal with such un trustworthy dealers/ people. This thread is meant to warn others.

P.s
Removed all names and phone numbers -
Captain Slow is offline   (30) Thanks
Old 21st November 2023, 10:19   #2
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
re: Mechkartz.com Review | Ordered Mitsubishi (OE) spare parts, got Mitsuboshi (OEM) instead

Avoid buying parts online, I have dealt with quite a few online spare part dealers like boodmo (they were good initially, but not so at the moment), mechdeals (they were quite good in 2021, but not ordered from them since), motrparts (their return policy is a bit cumbersome). However, none of them have been absolutely seamless. There were one or the other issues prevalent among each including long delivery times, high delivery charges, poor packaging, and so on.

The only times I have relied on these websites was when parts were difficult to source or when they were too expensive elsewhere and these sites offered better deals.
bijims is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st November 2023, 11:19   #3
BHPian

re: Mechkartz.com Review | Ordered Mitsubishi (OE) spare parts, got Mitsuboshi (OEM) instead

Mitsuboshi!
Thanks for putting this up. I was looking for some parts for my Suzoki Swaft and I'm definitely going to avoid this site.
Roy.S is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 21st November 2023, 11:50   #4
BHPian

To be fair. Mitsuboshi Belting India is a genuine Indo-Japanese company with a huge catalog of auto parts.

I would not call them junk in any way.

https://www.mitsuboshi.com/english/support/catalog/
Manoj2268 is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 21st November 2023, 12:02   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manoj2268 View Post
To be fair. Mitsuboshi Belting India is a genuine Indo-Japanese company with a huge catalog of auto parts.

I would not call them junk in any way.

https://www.mitsuboshi.com/english/support/catalog/
TO be Fair - The seller promised OEM Timing belt when asked! - and even send pics of OEM belt.
What was sent was just this belt.

If he wanted to sell this he should have just communicated the same! Why promise OE part and send non OE parts? When you raise an objection the seller blocks you and never picks up your call
Captain Slow is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 21st November 2023, 12:19   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Learning something new everyday. Prima facie, I thought this to be a Mitsubishi knock-off, but dug deeper and found that Mitsuboshi is a reliable Japanese manufacturer specializing in belts manufacturing incorporated in 1919 and is also OEM for some car manufacturers.
There are references to this brand in some international forums too- but all this information I have got is through the internet in past 15 minutes.

However, if the seller sent picture of another brand; here I am assuming Mitsubishi, and sent something other (read: Mitsuboshi) then it is not fair dealing.

Last edited by saket77 : 21st November 2023 at 12:23.
saket77 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 21st November 2023, 12:22   #7
Senior - BHPian

Agreed if the seller mentioned OEM Mitsubishi it should have come in Mitsubishi packaging and branded Mitsubishi on the belt with or without belt manufacturer name.

MitsubOshi is one of the OEM suppliers of belts to MitsubIshi and other manufacturers. If the belt is genuine Mitsuboshi it should be good.
Sankar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st November 2023, 13:01   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
TO be Fair - The seller promised OEM Timing belt when asked! - and even send pics of OEM belt.

If he wanted to sell this he should have just communicated the same! Why promise OE part and send non OE parts? When you raise an objection the seller blocks you and never picks up your call
I agree on the bait and switch carried out by the seller. If you are promised and you paid for Mitsu parts in OE packaging, then this is what you should have received. My reply was to the poster above me, who may have assumed that the part delivered was a knock-off of Mitsubishi.

It is akin to ordering belts in MGP/SGP packaging and receiving a gates/bando/continental packed belts. That is not acceptable even though they may have been more expensive.

But the efficacy of the part wont be an issue as I am running the replacement drive belt in My Suzuki access as the OE was not in stock.

Last edited by Manoj2268 : 21st November 2023 at 13:04.
Manoj2268 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2023, 13:01   #9
BHPian

So Mitsuboshi is a genuine company with pretty impressive credentials. Time for us to eat crow?
Roy.S is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st November 2023, 13:06   #10
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

I understand the part where you felt cheated about being promised the OE part but getting an OE supplied part. For that reason alone, This thread is justified. But I don't get the point as to why you wouldn't install the part that was sent especially when you have paid for it and it's geniunely a good part? I would be more than happy to install an OE supplied part than a OE part in case of Mitsubishi considering the amount of fakes around. Maintaining a Mitsubishi requires both money and research.
asit.kulkarni93 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2023, 10:21   #11
Senior - BHPian

I remember, back in the day, someone on the forum had claimed that Mahle was a local junk brand that sold oil filters. It took a few forum members to correct the person in question that Mahle was in fact a highly reputed OE supplier that even manufactured parts for Formula 1 cars.

Mitsuboshi is also a reputed OE supplier that has been at it for over a hundred years.

It takes only a few minutes and a bunch of ignorant people to ruin a business/website's reputation irreparably by blasting it on the homepage without any context.

Last edited by pranavt : 22nd November 2023 at 10:22.
pranavt is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2023, 11:17   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
...It takes only a few minutes and a bunch of ignorant people to ruin a business/website's reputation irreparably by blasting it on the homepage without any context.
I agree with this. Some sort of clarification needs to be put out at this point. Mechkartz may have done a basic bait and switch, the ethics of which can be debated but they haven't sent a fake/defective/low quality part.
Roy.S is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2023, 11:18   #13
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
I may be nitpicking. But from the screenshots, the seller said its OEM. OEM is original equipment manufacturer (which MitsubOshi seems to be). OE is original equipment, which would mean in the vehicle manufacturing brands packaging. In most cases OEM suppliers are as good as OE.
Akshay1234 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2023, 11:57   #14
BHPian

Fault is on their end as you had specifically asked for an OE part but he gave you an OEM part, But you can install this as it's a reputed brand (Personally seen them in agricultural machines).
Old 22nd November 2023, 13:01   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

There will be cost difference between OEM and OE. So, if the seller charged for OEM and sold an OE then the cost difference should be refunded.

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 22nd November 2023 at 13:03.
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks