Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2023, 23:26   #1
BHPian

Wax, Sealant or Both?

I've been using Turtle Wax T-374KTR Color Magic Jet Black Wax on my Midnight Black Ertiga (Maruti Ertiga : Official Review). While it does a good job concealing swirl marks, hairline scratches and the odd scuff mark (thanks to the rear view mirror of a scooter weaving through adjacent cars during a traffic jam), I'm considering a more effective solution due to the following:
  1. The Ertiga becomes a dust magnet just a couple of hours after waxing. It takes more elbow grease to brush away the dust than if it were not waxed
  2. The wax has turned my microfiber cloth black to an extent that I cannot use it on my other car
  3. A 100 bar pressure wash easily strips off the wax and un-hides the blemishes, requiring a fresh wax coat
I'm considering the Turtle Wax ICE Seal N Shine, and being new to sealants, would greatly appreciate advise regarding:
  1. Is it to be layered over the liquid wax?
  2. Is it to be applied on a wet/damp/dry panel?
  3. Is it safe to use on matt black plastic parts?
  4. Is there a better alternative?
Thanks!

Last edited by hemant.kamat : 30th November 2023 at 23:28.
hemant.kamat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th April 2024, 09:20   #2
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Wax, Sealant or Both?

Quote:
[*]Is it to be layered over the liquid wax?[*]Is it to be applied on a wet/damp/dry panel?[*]Is it safe to use on matt black plastic parts?[*]Is there a better alternative?
[*] Since this is a sealant you'll need to use it first and then use any wax coating as a topper.
[*] You cannot use it as a drying aid. You'll need to dry the surface before using it.
[*] It can be used on plastic parts.
[*] I've recently purchased this product and didn't like the gloss after using it(maybe all sealants behave this way). The USP of this product is the ease of application. I've used it only once and will update the longevity of the product later.
Lastly, what decision did you take for this product? Are you still using wax coating on your car?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks