Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2023, 08:37   #541
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by overtaker View Post
But how come the Turbo Diesels last quite a long miles?
Turbochargers are quite reliable. No need to worry about. There is an excellent article in Team-BHP for the Turbo care: specially from 3 phenomena- coking, choking and oil starvation (leakage of lubrication oil lines). Please do read.

A good preventive maintenance of air intake system (filters to prevent foreign particles) & Oil filter system (prevent contamination of lubricating oil - i.e. engine oil) is also must for enhancing turbo health.
UD17 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2023, 12:32   #542
BANNED

No, I asked about the engines, not the turbos. Since diesel engines are heavily built, is that the reason they can accomodate the high pressure & temperature associated with turbo charging compared to Turbo charged petrol engines?
Quote:
Originally Posted by UD17 View Post
Turbochargers are quite reliable. No need to worry about. There is an excellent article in Team-BHP for the Turbo care: specially from 3 phenomena- coking, choking and oil starvation (leakage of lubrication oil lines). Please do read.

A good preventive maintenance of air intake system (filters to prevent foreign particles) & Oil filter system (prevent contamination of lubricating oil - i.e. engine oil) is also must for enhancing turbo health.
overtaker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2023, 22:03   #543
Senior - BHPian

I have a feeling Maruti is giving a step motherly treatment to it's own people movers (Ertiga and XL6) and concentrating on going upmarket with the Invicto. Is there any news of Maruti up dating the Ertiga/XL6, with better features, all round disc brakes, better infotainment and six airbags. It's a wholesome product in dire need of an update.
Durango Dude is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th September 2023, 23:46   #544
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbourne View Post
Apparently Ertiga Black Edition is a myth. The showroom never saw one. They received black wagonr and celerio back then, but never an ertiga.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbourne View Post
Hello team bhpians, any Ertiga Black Edition owners here? I booked Auburn Red ZXI Plus AT recently, and was thinking of changing my colour choice to black, despite stiff resistance from the family.
Sorry I'm late to the party, I finally managed to book a Black Edition ZXi today. 2 dealers (Chowgule, Aryaman) claimed production of Black had stopped and refused to take booking. 3rd dealer, Sai, agreed to check with MSIL and later called to confirm availability in 4 months. Booking confirmation SMS received contains variant code ERR4GZ1.

Has anyone here purchased the Black Edition? There's also a Black accessories package for 20K, does anyone know what's in it?
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-f6e78435a11047bcbeba0065dff7a6b8.jpg  

hemant.kamat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2023, 06:45   #545
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemant.kamat View Post
Has anyone here purchased the Black Edition? There's also a Black accessories package for 20K, does anyone know what's in it?
Is this a new addition? Wasn’t there in the original rollout.

Refer this post:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post5469430 (Maruti introduces Nexa Black Editions of Ignis, XL6 & Grand Vitara)
Attached Images

Last edited by itwasntme : 15th September 2023 at 06:46.
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2023, 00:21   #546
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post

Pearl Midnight Black is Available only in Zxi/Zxi+ variants as a Limited edition, till the stock lasts.

I saw the Pearl Midnight Black color option on the official website, it wasn't listed in the printed brochure that I picked up from the dealer. And 2 dealers feigned ignorance when asked and refused to book a Black variant. It took some convincing (bundled insurance, add-ons, etc.) with the 3rd dealer and a few anxious hours until MSIL finally confirmed my booking.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-ezgif28989695c5d.jpg  

Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-ezgif23dd107348d.jpg  

Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-ezgif204c34034d5.jpg  

Last edited by hemant.kamat : 16th September 2023 at 00:35.
hemant.kamat is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th September 2023, 11:36   #547

Quote:
The dealer closest to me, where I exchanged my old car, refused to take booking for Black Edition. So I made a second booking at Varun Motors Hyderabad for the black. 4 days after I took delivery of my Auburn Red ZXi+ AT, VM called me and said Black Edition top variant is available Such is life!
Anyway, I'm happy with my wine red Ertiga.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-20230909_122922.jpg  

Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-20230909_121438.jpg  

jbourne is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th September 2023, 17:16   #548
BHPian

What's the difference between the ZXi+ SmartPlay Pro and ZXi SmartPlay Studio?
Old 20th September 2023, 17:32   #549
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
What's the difference between the ZXi+ SmartPlay Pro and ZXi SmartPlay Studio?
Primarily wireless android auto & Onboard voice assistant. Moreover, think interface is better in pro but nothing that you cannot live with.
Old 22nd September 2023, 20:27   #550
BHPian

Does anyone have the 2023 ZXi (O) Owner's Manual PDF? Thanks!
Old 24th September 2023, 06:59   #551

You can download user manuals here. I think, all models have a common user manual

https://marutistoragenew.blob.core.w...M72R12-74E.pdf
RSMM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th September 2023, 19:38   #552

Odometer reading under 30k, 6th service done in April 23. Car has not been running much. Today I noticed different engine sound, some kind of clatter. No issues while driving, power delivery is smooth but while idling the clatter is clearly audible.
Attached video link, could anyone confirm if this is normal.
Old 24th September 2023, 21:42   #553
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen_forever View Post
Odometer reading under 30k, 6th service done in April 23. Car has not been running much. Today I noticed different engine sound, some kind of clatter. No issues while driving, power delivery is smooth but while idling the clatter is clearly audible.
Attached video link, could anyone confirm if this is normal.
https://Youtu.be/4elHwKvlBwM?si=Jru4Zy6S97u16852
Could be a with out belt or something deeper like water pump. I had to replace both (under warranty) in my car but still having faint noise and vibrations while idling
rich_heart is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2023, 20:58   #554
BHPian

Has anyone been able to install the ZXi+ reverse camera in a ZXi? The official MGA reverse camera for the ZXi requires a hole to be drilled in the rear bumper, which I'm unwilling to do. Is it possible to purchase the ZXi+ camera module and have it fitted on the door above the number plate, like in the ZXi? Is it compatible with the SmartPlay Studio Touch Screen module?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoscenario2000 View Post
I've installed Blackpunkt reverse camera aftermarket which comes with wiring harness.
Is it compatible with the SmartPlay Studio Touch Screen module, or is there a separate LCD screen required?

Last edited by hemant.kamat : 25th September 2023 at 21:02.
hemant.kamat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2023, 23:27   #555
BHPian

Quote:
Has anyone been able to install the ZXi+ reverse camera in a ZXi? The official MGA reverse camera for the ZXi requires a hole to be drilled in the rear bumper, which I'm unwilling to do. Is it possible to purchase the ZXi+ camera module and have it fitted on the door above the number plate, like in the ZXi? Is it compatible with the SmartPlay Studio Touch Screen module?

Is it compatible with the SmartPlay Studio Touch Screen module, or is there a separate LCD screen required?
The MGA reverse camera is a direct plug and play solution with head unit integration. No wire cutting required. But no guidelines on the display and resolution is not the greatest but it does the job.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks