Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2021, 17:50   #436
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
This specific one does not seem to be available anymore, need to search other one.
Yes but you can always look for Sony, Pioneer and JVCs too. There are plenty of options that will be available. Just look for 2 DIN Stereo system as that would just need a fascia (costs less than 350/-) to fit precisely onto your dashboard.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2021, 17:26   #437
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki updates the Ertiga, captured in spy shots:

Name:  20211204042923_Collage 2 1.jpg
Views: 2311
Size:  76.2 KB

Quote:
it could carry forward the tried and tested 1.5-litre petrol engine with mild-hybrid tech from the current model.
Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 4th December 2021 at 17:28.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2021, 16:00   #438

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavyaLe View Post
I had this issue with my Ertiga VDI (Brought in Dec. 2018). I did 3-4 visits to the service station, but the solution was not permanent. Luckily during 3rd paid service supervisor addressed this issue by changing the Caliper pins of the Brake Assembly. After 3rd service, I am not noticing this (Thud) sound when the wheel is going down from the humps. My service center didn't charge for that, hence I am not able to update part number. If you mention them to change the caliper pins of the brake caliper assembly, this annoying problem may be rectified.
Update: After persistent followups, entire right suspension setup was replaced. Issue is resolved moreover it is processed under warranty.
Zen_forever is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2021, 09:05   #439
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
OE system will be insanely expensive.

I upgraded my Kenwood BT system to Android Auto one (Blaupunkt New York 750) last year and has been working fantastically ever since.
My 2018 Zxi Ertiga Automatic did not come with touch screen entertainment system. I am planning to install one.

Since I have taken extended warranty, I guess I have no option but to buy from Maruti dealer only.
Can I poach any OE from XL6 or Ciaz?

Please share suggestions. I currently don't have reverse camera. Any model which comes with one is preferable.

It should have both Android and Apple compatibility. I guess most products nowadays comes with this.

I searched this thread but couldn't find any post Sharing more detail.

Kindly suggest.

Last edited by rich_heart : 14th December 2021 at 09:16.
Old 14th December 2021, 17:23   #440
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen_forever View Post
Update: Issue is resolved moreover it is processed under warranty.
Glad to know that MSIL replaced the entire set up under warranty. Hope the irritating 'Thud' sound is not being observed after replacement of new setup. I know this an easy task to convince the service center and Maruti team to resolve this kind of issue. Kindly update the process of getting the entire suspension setup changed under warranty.
Old 17th December 2021, 15:09   #441

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavyaLe View Post
Glad to know that MSIL replaced the entire set up under warranty. Hope the irritating 'Thud' sound is not being observed after replacement of new setup. I know this an easy task to convince the service center and Maruti team to resolve this kind of issue. Kindly update the process of getting the entire suspension setup changed under warranty.
Yes, the 'Thud' sound is no longer there. Well it took couple of sessions with the mechanics. Couple of supposed fixes were greasing and some adjustments in the suspension. during the test drives, when none of the fixes worked they agreed suspension is faulty.
Old 23rd February 2022, 08:52   #442

My 2019 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga Auburn red Ertiga ZXI AT completes 30000km in ~3.5 years, and its been a pleasure driving and owning the car.

------

The intension of buying a 7 seater was present from 2015,
While I had saved up some money for Innova, this money however was used as a down payment to purchase a flat!
So I had to postpone the car purchase decision by few years.

Fast forward to 2019, the requirements for a 7 seater was made clear

Absolute must haves
  • 7 seater with usable 3rd row
  • Automatic
  • ESP
Cars considered
  • Toyota Innova: Costs ~28+ Lakhs OTR
  • Tata Hexa: Ticked most boxes except for AT + ESP, Hexa has ESP only for the manual
  • Mahindra XUV 500: Love at first sight, 20L+ OTR
  • Mahindra Marazzo: No AT
  • Maruti Suzuki Ertiga

Given that other cars were expensive,
It was decided that it would be either Ertiga or the decision would be postponed.

I was ready to do full advance payment to get the car delivered at the earliest.

Showroom and test drive experience
As our first car Alto, was purchased from RNS, Hubli, the first preference was given to RNS, Yeshwantpur, Bangalore.
While it was made clear that I would do the full payment in advance, the folks at RNS were least bothered to answer any queries, and kept insisting that I take a loan and they even started to ask questions on my salary, etc.
I was told that waiting period would be 4+ Months, with poor experience we left the showroom.

Next, we went Kalyani Motors, Bannerghatta road.
We drove the manual Ertiga, I sat in the last row while my father drove the car.
First impressions were positive.
The showroom folks agreed to deliver the car at the earliest, with the assurance, I wrote a cheque for the full amount and left.
After this, the showroom folks went silent, days passed by and there was zero communication, I didn't even get the printed invoice, no confirmation on the booking / processing etc.
The irresponsibility bothered us, we went back to the showroom and collected the cheque back.

Next, I called up Mandovi motors, Basaveshwar nagar.
I didn't negotiate on the price or on the accessories, and it was made clear that there is no preference for color.
None of the showrooms had AT for the test drive, took a leap of faith and went ahead with the full advance payment for ZXI AT. As the car would be driven by multiple folks, the Height adjustable driver seat is a blessing.
Within a couple of days of booking, I did the PDI and gave a nod for registration.
The good folks agreed to Deliver the car in a week and they did!

BS4 Auburn Red Ertiga ZXI AT was home

Final price: Rs 1208573

Price break up:
Ex-Showroom: Rs 995689
Road tax: Rs 154732
Insurance: Rs 38932 (Dealer quoted, 1+3 Years)
Extended warranty: Rs 16909
Fastag: Rs 500

Good things
  • Easy on the pocket, 12L OTR Bangalore.
Engine , Transmission and Drive
  • Peppy 1.5L Engine and feels like a car to drive.
  • Reliable 4 speed TC AT, while lot of reviews are of the opinion that its dated and slow. Practically, I have zero complaints on the AT box.
    Having driven with 7 adults + luggage over Bangalore - Mangalore - Karwar - Dharwad over highways, twisties, bad roads etc, the Torque converter AT box copes up well.
    The AT box is smooth shifting one, and tall gearing ratios ensure adequate power delivery,
    When accelerator pedal is pressed hard, the car would down shift if necessary.
  • Superb mile muncher and a highway cruiser. We generally use the car for most of our outstation trips.
    The relaxed mannerisms of the car allows for effortless cruising. On multiple occasions I have driven over these routes with zero fatigue.
    ~600kms of Ghats and 4 lane highways of Gokarna - Udupi - Mangalore - Sakleshpur - Bangalore covered in a one day
  • Height adjustable seats for the driver and Rake adjust for the steering supports multiple driving and seating preferences.
  • Ample ground clearance, passes over notorious humps with ease.
Interiors
  • Spacious cabin with usable 3rd row, after folding 2nd and 3rd seats, the car easily swallows enormous amounts of luggage.
  • Adjustable 2nd row seats, if folks on 3rd row complain about space, just slide the second row seats forward!
  • Easy ingress and egress, grandparents find it very easy to get in and out.
  • Beige interiors adds to the roomy feel
  • Stock seat fabric is comfortable and offers good cushioning and support, I haven't added any seat covers.
  • Large bottle holders on the doors.
  • 12V power socket available at all rows
Things that could have been better
  • 45 litre fuel tank is small, a 60 litre would have been better.
    With AT, the fuel efficiency is around 12kmpl, I always end up refuelling the car ~400kms mark.
  • Better sound insulation, the road noise at highway speeds creep into the cabin.
  • No reverse camera for the ZXI AT. Manual ZXI+ gets it
  • Option of a touch screen HU, ZXI AT gets an age old HU.
  • Removing the spare tyre is a pain.
  • Option of getting wrapped steering wheel.
  • Option of UV cut glasses for the window panes.
  • Option of adding speakers to 3rd row.
Things I absolutely hate
  • The second row AC is a cooler unit, as a family we like to keep the AC at 24deg+,
    with just the cooling function, the second row occupants keep complaining about the chilled air.

Additions and accessories
  • Nomad Noodles mat from 3M JP Nagar
    http://carcarestores.3mindia.co.in/o...nomad-car-mats
    This costed ~11k, The mats trap small stones and dust quite well,
    While the local shops quoted less for similar kind of mats , I wasn't sure on the fungal growth. The 3M site said it inhibits fungal growth , so blindly went ahead and I am happy with the purchase.

• Reverse camera and display
    The preference was to get the camera under the number plate, none of the showroom / service centre folks were ready to procure and install.
    The touch screen HU from Sony weren't upto my requirements, and I didn't want to go for unbranded after-market accessories for display.
    With these constraints, during the first service, installed a Maruti accessory for ~8K: https://www.marutisuzuki.com/genuine...90j0m56r09-040
    The bumper was drilled and the camera was installed. The camera had a poor wide angle coverage and it only started to cover the area after a meter.
    This was a poor purchase and didn't serve the purpose.

After lots of searching, Blaupunkt had the camera I was looking for.
    Replaced the Maruti camera with
    https://blaupunktcar.in/buy/blaupunk...s/BC-DH05/302/

Thanks to Procrj posts
    Learnt about Mr. Suresh from The Bass club, Devegowda petrol bunk, Bangalore. Mr. Suresh helped install the camera.
    The camera didn't fit in the slot provided, so an adjacent hole was made and the camera was installed.
    As the wiring harness was all installed, swapping the camera was quite easy.

• Upgraded Second row speakers to Polk DB 652 Coaxials from The Bass club
    https://www.polkaudio.com/en/product/db-series/db652
    These sound ok, the front row OEM pack a better punch , I won't recommend these to folks who prefer Bass.

Planned upgrades
Parts replaced under warranty
  • ISG motor
  • Engine bedding (RH)

All in all, Ertiga ZXI AT is a good machine.

Few pictures of THE MILE MUNCHER...
At the Shell petrol Bunk, Outside Hubli, Karnataka
Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20220220-16.17.09.jpeg

On the scenic Kanakapura road
Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20220220-16.24.33.jpeg
Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20220220-16.24.33-1.jpeg

Last edited by libranof1987 : 23rd February 2022 at 10:38. Reason: As requested
Zeek is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2022, 09:16   #443
Distinguished - BHPian

Indeed, the AT is quite a nice package which is often hated due to the number of gears available. But in real life, the gearbox is perfectly fine. What also helps is the excellent FE for such a large car. My cousin's XL6 AT returns better FE than my MT on open highways , perhaps due to relaxed cruising(RPM at 100kmph is lesser on AT than MT).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeek View Post
Parts replaced under warranty
  • ISG battery
Why was the Li-Ion battery replaced, what were the symptoms?

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2022, 10:45   #444

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Why was the Li-Ion battery replaced, what were the symptoms?
Apologies it was the MGU Assembly , it was replaced proactively during Dec 2019,
I have requested the mods to edit my post and remove the reference of the Battery

Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20220223-10.39.39-am.jpeg
Zeek is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th February 2022, 13:19   #445
Senior - BHPian

Time for me to go for a good dashcam in ertiga. Any specific recommendations please. I was never keen on fitting one but considering the increase in speeds on highways (100kmph limit on NH4/48) in KA, it will be of great help.
Also looking for a removable/detachable one with extra accessory. I want to use it in two cars depending on the one I take for long drives.
Old 6th March 2022, 23:38   #446
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
Time for me to go for a good dashcam in ertiga. Any specific recommendations please. I was never keen on fitting one but considering the increase in speeds on highways (100kmph limit on NH4/48) in KA, it will be of great help.
Also looking for a removable/detachable one with extra accessory. I want to use it in two cars depending on the one I take for long drives.
There is a dedicated thread for dashcams. You might find what you are looking for

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-e...vr-thread.html (The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread)
Old 9th March 2022, 02:24   #447
BHPian

Hi all,
Is it possible to fit a 16" alloy from 2016 S-cross to Ertiga (2 gen)?
I have Zxi AT and i believe the alloys currently I have is 15".
Any issues or advantage of changing to 16" ones?

Thanks!
Old 25th March 2022, 00:08   #448

Hi All,
My 2019 Ertiga has done about 19k km, most of it were on highway runs with family and friends and all drives were without any incidents except the 2. On 2 occasions, I have had all the warnings on the dash lighted up, like check engine, abs, power steering and both the times it was after traveling atleast 300+ km.
1st occurrence April 21, ~15k km:We were returning from Mysore, stopped for dinner, everything was normal till then. After dinner, I start the car and it indicates all the warnings, refer the screenshot. Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-20220311_165634.jpg
Steering was hard, I try switching off the car but the start stop button was not responding. All electicals were working including headlights and AC, got everyone out, opened the bonnet, everything seemed fine. After 5 min or so, stop button worked and car was finally off. Restarted the car after 15 min call with Mandovi, warnings were gone and we were able to drive back without any issues.
Next day visited ASC, obd scan captured multiple issues including ABS.
Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-20210403_160322.jpg
Physical inspection revealed nothing, histories were cleared, they suspected it could be battery. I was told it was fine to drive and it was till Mar 22, ~18k km: we were returning from Melkote, after a quick stop, started the car and all the warnings were on. Start stop button didn't respond for 10 min, it was the same issue repeating. Next day at ASC, obd scan revealed same errors as before.
Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-20220319_112548.jpg

this time they checked battery voltage, water level in all 4 cells, all was normal and returned the car saying everything is good.
Both the times it is after long drives, warnings for all critical components like ABS, STEERING and Engine is worrying.
how do we find the cause, did anyone else face similar issues?
Zen_forever is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th March 2022, 03:37   #449
BHPian

Seems like an electrical issue.

Please check for shortages, blown fuses, bite marks on wires and electrical problems.
TorqMaster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th March 2022, 08:58   #450
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen_forever View Post
Steering was hard, I try switching off the car but the start stop button was not responding. All electicals were working including headlights and AC, got everyone out, opened the bonnet, everything seemed fine. After 5 min or so, stop button worked and car was finally off. Restarted the car after 15 min call with Mandovi, warnings were gone and we were able to drive back without any issues.
I have seen this happen on certain other vehicles with Push button start, the culprit was the ABS Sensor wiring being chewed off by a rat.

Vehicles with Push button start needs to know the vehicle speed before starting or stopping the engine, door locks and many more. If even a single ABS sensor is malfunctioning it would light up the instrument cluster and everything will act funny.
Kosfactor is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks