Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 25th January 2020, 14:54   #346
BHPian

Default Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiMaGo View Post
Friends - I own a ZDi+ 1.5Litre Ertiga [2019 Nov] model. The space, comfort, GC, AC and the price at which Ertiga was bought by me is un-matched. Though, am completely satisfied with the vehicle, the news of Tata and Mahindra scoring well in the GNCAP is un-nerving me and leading me to think "Have I bought something by which am putting me/family in harms way?". I know that next gen Ertiga has scored 3 stars in crash tests, but would that be enough is the question lingering in my mind for the past few days. Can Ertiga veterans @parag Sachania or @Leo sashi or in general others who have owned this vehicle [any generations] throw some light here please?
It is a very pertinent thought that's come to your mind since it involves safety of you and your family.

As you know, the Ertiga has a decent 3 star safety rating. You just have to live with that fact and drive the car accordingly, nothing much that anybody can do anything about it. Hopefully when we buy vehicles 5 years down the line, all will have 5 star ratings.

We should also give credit where it's due, to Tata Motors for bringing build quality to people's minds and consideration during vehicle purchase
NFS2024 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2020, 15:58   #347
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki Ertiga S-CNG ( VXI) BS6 Launched In India At ₹ 8.95 Lakh.

Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-marutiertiga2019cnglaunched21068x601.jpg

Quote:
The Maruti Suzuki Ertiga S-CNG is claimed to return a fuel efficiency of 26.08 km/kg. It is the first MPV in the country to be incorporated with CNG and it complies with BSVI emission standards.

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 7th February 2020 at 15:59.
volkman10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2020, 16:06   #348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiMaGo View Post
Friends - I own a ZDi+ 1.5Litre Ertiga [2019 Nov] model. The space, comfort, GC, AC and the price at which Ertiga was bought by me is un-matched. Though, am completely satisfied with the vehicle, the news of Tata and Mahindra scoring well in the GNCAP is un-nerving me and leading me to think "Have I bought something by which am putting me/family in harms way?". I know that next gen Ertiga has scored 3 stars in crash tests, but would that be enough is the question lingering in my mind for the past few days. Can Ertiga veterans @parag Sachania or @Leo sashi or in general others who have owned this vehicle [any generations] throw some light here please?
I call this improved awareness about safety in mind. I am not saying Ertiga is bad (I too have one, 2016 Model ) but good to see you are concerned about the crash test data compared to TATA. And I am not aware of the safety rating of old generation Ertigas either.
Just to answer that question I can explain my action. I went for a TATA Tiago as my next car in May 2019. That made my concern a bit low and recently Tiago scored 4 stars making me further comfortable .
rajivtelang is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2020, 10:30   #349
BHPian

I am daily office commuter fortunate enough to be provided company pick/drop. Lately quite a few facelift Ertigas have been added to the fleet and I cannot help noticing dashboard and other squeaks from less than 5000 km driven vehicles. Old models still doing duty after 275000 kms seem to be better built with acceptable rattles after all the abuse they go through. Has anybody else also observed this specially folks who have upgraded from old to facelift Ertiga?
Maverick Avi is offline   Reply With Quote