Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2020, 14:54   #346
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiMaGo View Post
Friends - I own a ZDi+ 1.5Litre Ertiga [2019 Nov] model. The space, comfort, GC, AC and the price at which Ertiga was bought by me is un-matched. Though, am completely satisfied with the vehicle, the news of Tata and Mahindra scoring well in the GNCAP is un-nerving me and leading me to think "Have I bought something by which am putting me/family in harms way?". I know that next gen Ertiga has scored 3 stars in crash tests, but would that be enough is the question lingering in my mind for the past few days. Can Ertiga veterans @parag Sachania or @Leo sashi or in general others who have owned this vehicle [any generations] throw some light here please?
It is a very pertinent thought that's come to your mind since it involves safety of you and your family.

As you know, the Ertiga has a decent 3 star safety rating. You just have to live with that fact and drive the car accordingly, nothing much that anybody can do anything about it. Hopefully when we buy vehicles 5 years down the line, all will have 5 star ratings.

We should also give credit where it's due, to Tata Motors for bringing build quality to people's minds and consideration during vehicle purchase
NFS2024 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2020, 15:58   #347
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki Ertiga S-CNG ( VXI) BS6 Launched In India At ₹ 8.95 Lakh.

Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-marutiertiga2019cnglaunched21068x601.jpg

Quote:
The Maruti Suzuki Ertiga S-CNG is claimed to return a fuel efficiency of 26.08 km/kg. It is the first MPV in the country to be incorporated with CNG and it complies with BSVI emission standards.

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 7th February 2020 at 15:59.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2020, 16:06   #348
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiMaGo View Post
Friends - I own a ZDi+ 1.5Litre Ertiga [2019 Nov] model. The space, comfort, GC, AC and the price at which Ertiga was bought by me is un-matched. Though, am completely satisfied with the vehicle, the news of Tata and Mahindra scoring well in the GNCAP is un-nerving me and leading me to think "Have I bought something by which am putting me/family in harms way?". I know that next gen Ertiga has scored 3 stars in crash tests, but would that be enough is the question lingering in my mind for the past few days. Can Ertiga veterans @parag Sachania or @Leo sashi or in general others who have owned this vehicle [any generations] throw some light here please?
I call this improved awareness about safety in mind. I am not saying Ertiga is bad (I too have one, 2016 Model ) but good to see you are concerned about the crash test data compared to TATA. And I am not aware of the safety rating of old generation Ertigas either.
Just to answer that question I can explain my action. I went for a TATA Tiago as my next car in May 2019. That made my concern a bit low and recently Tiago scored 4 stars making me further comfortable .
rajivtelang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2020, 10:30   #349
BHPian

I am daily office commuter fortunate enough to be provided company pick/drop. Lately quite a few facelift Ertigas have been added to the fleet and I cannot help noticing dashboard and other squeaks from less than 5000 km driven vehicles. Old models still doing duty after 275000 kms seem to be better built with acceptable rattles after all the abuse they go through. Has anybody else also observed this specially folks who have upgraded from old to facelift Ertiga?
Old 12th March 2020, 09:59   #350
BHPian

My brother wanted to check out the Ertiga so we visited Bimal Auto Agency on Old Airport Road 2 days ago at about 1:30 in the afternoon.

Met the Sales Exec and we were guided to the basement & shown a copy in white colour (they didn't have any test drive vehicles). My brother & I explored through the features and acknowledged that the team-bhp review accurately presents the car. Sales Exec claimed a mileage within city ~16kmpl and ~18kmpl on highways. When asked about the safety rating, SE says the Ertiga got a 3.5* rating.

Then came the bomb. When my brother asked what "Smart Hybrid" meant, the sales executive claimed that beyond 80kmph, Ertiga runs solely on electric motor ! I was like "Seriously!", and he repeats it again. I turn to my brother in utter disbelief & he whispers me to keep quiet, just to see how far this charlatan goes. The guy kept singing false stories about Hybrid tech.

I could've stopped him & given a thorough dressing down, but that is just 1 person. I imagine people across Maruti Dealerships may be following this practice. Who knows, its possibly designed into the sales training by the company itself. Really WISH there was an effective way to report these kind of Sales Execs for literally trying to cheat people to buy something that costs 11.5 Lakhs, on such false claims.
Old 12th March 2020, 13:23   #351
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingGuru View Post
Really WISH there was an effective way to report these kind of Sales Execs for literally trying to cheat people to buy something that costs 11.5 Lakhs, on such false claims.
Honestly, it's not the sales talk and claims that makes one pick cars like Ertiga, not even the claim that it runs on electric power after 80Kmph.

And no, the sales staff is never trained to make such arbitrary claims like the one you mentioned. It is always the over enthusiastic salesman on duty who ends up with such creativity including "no need for ABS or Airbags for city driving sir".

I tell this from my own personal experience of dealing with sales staff of a Nexa dealership where a sales rep kept telling us that it was the 1.6 S Cross while we kept telling him that it was 1.3 by merely looking at the numbers or gears. I reported this later to the dealership MD known to me who is always keen to hear more of such negative feedbacks than positive so that they aren't complacent that all is well. He wasn't happy and upon sharing the name of the executive he tells us that the person joined recently from a Tractor show room and a while back MSIL had also mandated Nexa dealerships to recruit sales folks from non automobile background.

Bottom line : Such stories are made up by the sales folks and they are never trained to deliver such claims to prospective buyers and this is applicable across dealerships of all brands as there is no secret of one brand's training that makes them sell their cars better than the others.
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th March 2020, 16:06   #352
BHPian

I'm sure everyone here has heard lot of nonsense from the sales folks over the years. I've stopped getting bothered about it.

In fact, I only ask questions about generic things like availability, booking amount, discounts etc rather than asking anything about the car. If they involuntarily start about the features of the vehicle, I listen to whatever they have to say. Sometimes, there are good folks, who point out some stuff that we might not be aware of or failed to check.

They are doing it for a living and not purely out of passion, so I don't hold anything against them.
krish3 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2020, 17:28   #353
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki Ertiga gets 10-Inch Touchscreen Infotainment System and new 15-Inch alloy wheels in Thailand.
Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-smartselect_20200317172227_chrome.jpg

Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-smartselect_20200317172252_chrome.jpg

Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-smartselect_20200317172313_chrome.jpg

https://gaadiwaadi.com/ertiga-gets-1...m-in-thailand/
Old 28th March 2020, 19:56   #354

(Need Help) New Ertiga 2019 Auto Window and ORVM Closer Circuit/Module/Relay Installation

Hello,

I had purchased auto window and orvm closer combo module for New Ertiga 2019 model. I can figure out pretty much everything where I am stuck is figuring out where to connect the "Lock" and "Unlock" wires of this relay.

I have attached few pictures for better understanding of my problem.

Img 1) The picture of the cicuit/module/relay. Other than socket to socket connections (Which I know how to make) it has 3 open wires (1) Red which I believe needs to go straight to battery positive. (2) Blue Wire (3) Green Wire. I believe like all auto closure modules one of them is for "Lock" and other is for "Unlock" I am having trouble in figuring out connection for these wires.

Img 2) The door switch connection socket - It looks like the green and blue wire needs to be attached somewhere here. Don't know how to figure out.

Img 3&4) Another view of the door switch socket.

I have searched internet + youtube but no guidance for new ertiga model. There are for vitara/brezza/swift etc....
So
If anyone here can please guide me help me to figure out the connection I would be greatly obliged and I will post the entire procedure for the community.

Awaiting Reply/Guidance/Suggestions.
Sincerely,
Sid
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-combokit.jpg  

Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-doorsocket_1.jpg  

Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-doorsocket_2.jpg  

Maruti Ertiga : Official Review-doorsocket_3.jpg  

Old 2nd April 2020, 08:11   #355
BHPian

Re: (Need Help) New Ertiga 2019 Auto Window and ORVM Closer Circuit/Module/Relay Installation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShukDa View Post
Hello,
I believe like all auto closure modules one of them is for "Lock" and other is for "Unlock" I am having trouble in figuring out connection for these wires.

Img 2) The door switch connection socket - It looks like the green and blue wire needs to be attached somewhere here. Don't know how to figure out.
Sid
Hi there, I can help you with this as i have fixed a 2 window module, one to lower the glass and other to close the glass.
what i did was i took a 12v bulb with a socket attached with two long wires, one was given the negative from the any metal surface and the other wire i used to probe the door connector that you have taken image of.Now lock the car and keep probing all the wires, When you hit the right wire which supplies power to the actuator that's the wire you need to tap in to and of-course the bulb would briefly be on for a second. Similarly do the same for the unlock wire.Use a suitable wire tap and you are good to go.
All the best.

Last edited by scorpian : 2nd April 2020 at 08:13.
Old 2nd April 2020, 10:48   #356

Hello Scorpion,

That's really great idea for figuring out the power tap for connecting the red wire. The second way is to connect Red Cable that provides Power to the Module directly to the battery. As I said this is not my main concern this is sortable.

However, please help me with my main issue, Referring to the diagram of my module how do I find out of the two wires (Blue and Green) which one is lock and which one is for unlock or how to do i find out which one to be connected to which one? Should I create a truth table and keep connecting these two wires in every socket hole (like probing)? - please throw some light on this. I don't want to damage the module and hence I am looking for the info.
Old 2nd April 2020, 12:25   #357
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Scorpion,
This is what I would do, I would first probe the wires in the door socket connector to find out which is lock and unlock wire. Mostly it is going to be blue and green. Once I identify which triggers open and lock, I will use the same wire color from the given module and connect. Most after market accessory makers try and keep the same color of wires for ease of identification. So find either the lock or unlock from the socket first and the rest is just easy.
Do not worry if you still want to be extra cautious put a in line fuse, before anything happens to the module the fuse will blow.
Regards
Manoj
Old 2nd April 2020, 13:37   #358

Must thanks for the guidance manoj ji.

One last thing before I get trying, whenever either the lock or unlock wire from the door socket gets triggered what am I looking for ? +12 V? is that what we would call a successful probe?

Much thanks for the guidance in advance.
Old 2nd April 2020, 17:08   #359
BHPian

Quote:
Must thanks for the guidance manoj ji.

One last thing before I get trying, whenever either the lock or unlock wire from the door socket gets triggered what am I looking for ? +12 V? is that what we would call a successful probe?

Much thanks for the guidance in advance.
Yes a positive probe on your multimeter or probe bulb is what you should be looking at. Also for the positive wire please don't connect direct to battery,kindly use a fuse tap to protect your entire system. Another must would be to use proper shrink tubes and a single wire length without any joints please. Make it in such a way that when anybody looks at it they should feel it came straight from the factory as a standard fit. Perfectly done job will last you the lifetime of the car and also keep you safe from any unwanted issues.

Regards
Manoj.
scorpian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2020, 18:17   #360

Thank you for all your guidance I will get on it first thing tomorrow morning. I will update all the information as I proceed. In case if anywhere I get stuck I will post it here. I will also update the voltages I measure with multi meter for each wire.

I too love perfection in my job will keep all the instructions in mind and I do use shrink tubes.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks