Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2021, 19:04   #406
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

^^^
Regarding hard suspension, there can be quite a few pointers to look at, the easier ones will be
1. How old are the tyres ? Tyres tend to get hard after few years of service, leading to harsh rides.
2. Has there been any service related to suspension components ? At one lakh km, it is quite normal to have suspension components replaced.

My car is due for its first paid service at 3 years. I too have some questions which experts can reply.

1. Due to covid, the car has been driven only 4500 km in the last one year, and the oil needs to be changed. Can I ask them to put mineral oil instead of synthetic oil ?(Ertiga needs 0W-20) as I know this year too it wont be driven much and don't want to waste money on Synthetic oil.

2. Brake fluid needs to be changed at 20k or 3 years, but since its only 9500 km driven, can I postpone it to next service ? (How will it affect my extended warranty ?)

3. There is a strange metallic clang (tak) sound from front right wheel when car goes over sharp bump. It does not come at crawling speed, but above crawling speeds and ONLY WHEN the wheel is doing down from the hump, that is when the spring in the suspension mechanism expands rapidly (when wheel 'falls' down). Can any expert tell me what that would mean, so I know if the service guys are not taking me for a ride ? No changes in braking or handling when it makes this noise.

Last edited by NiInJa : 25th May 2021 at 19:14.
Old 3rd June 2021, 14:02   #407

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiInJa View Post
^^^
Regarding hard suspension, there can be quite a few pointers to look at, the easier ones will be
1. How old are the tyres ? Tyres tend to get hard after few years of service, leading to harsh rides.
2. Has there been any service related to suspension components ? At one lakh km, it is quite normal to have suspension components replaced.

My car is due for its first paid service at 3 years. I too have some questions which experts can reply.

1. Due to covid, the car has been driven only 4500 km in the last one year, and the oil needs to be changed. Can I ask them to put mineral oil instead of synthetic oil ?(Ertiga needs 0W-20) as I know this year too it wont be driven much and don't want to waste money on Synthetic oil.

2. Brake fluid needs to be changed at 20k or 3 years, but since its only 9500 km driven, can I postpone it to next service ? (How will it affect my extended warranty ?)

3. There is a strange metallic clang (tak) sound from front right wheel when car goes over sharp bump. It does not come at crawling speed, but above crawling speeds and ONLY WHEN the wheel is doing down from the hump, that is when the spring in the suspension mechanism expands rapidly (when wheel 'falls' down). Can any expert tell me what that would mean, so I know if the service guys are not taking me for a ride ? No changes in braking or handling when it makes this noise.
Hi NilnJa, I have the same issue with the front right suspension. Can hear it clearly while going over hump.
Mine has run about 10k km and started noticing the notice at City speeds.
Zen_forever is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2021, 13:48   #408
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen_forever View Post
Hi NilnJa, I have the same issue with the front right suspension. Can hear it clearly while going over hump.
Mine has run about 10k km and started noticing the notice at City speeds.
Thanks for noticing, I will get the car serviced this week or next week and let you know what is happening.
Old 25th June 2021, 16:18   #409
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiInJa View Post
^^^

I had this issue with my Ertiga VDI (Brought in Dec. 2018). I did 3-4 visits to the service station, but the solution was not permanent. Luckily during 3rd paid service supervisor addressed this issue by changing the Caliper pins of the Brake Assembly. After 3rd service, I am not noticing this (Thud) sound when the wheel is going down from the humps. My service center didn't charge for that, hence I am not able to update part number. If you mention them to change the caliper pins of the brake caliper assembly, this annoying problem may be rectified.
RavyaLe is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th June 2021, 21:12   #410
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavyaLe View Post
Luckily during 3rd paid service supervisor addressed this issue by changing the Caliper pins of the Brake Assembly. After 3rd service, I am not noticing this (Thud) sound when the wheel is going down from the humps. My service center didn't charge for that, hence I am not able to update part number. If you mention them to change the caliper pins of the brake caliper assembly, this annoying problem may be rectified.
Thanks! They greased the caliper pins as a part of service but will ask them to check that as the problem still persists. I need to take the car back to the service center as they need to inspect for a part replacement (link (My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review))

The problem according to the SA was loose engine guard which he tightened, but that did not resolve the issue.

It is a bit irritating on Dealer's front that despite giving the car for a whole day and explaining the problem before handover, the SA is confident in his tone that they have 'found' the problem and 'fixed' it, only to realize that its exactly the same as before. I opted for delivery at my home and had some busy schedule to follow it up with the service center for the next few days.

They charged me for some de-carbonization (?) and wheel balancing and alignment, and I knew that it is not needed as part of regular service but still charged it as I didn't want to argue with them in the larger interest of keeping relations better. I have decided that I will get the car serviced from dealership only next year when she completes 3 years and then will switch to a Maruti Authorised service center, where I will give them all the parts needed without any unnecessary add-ons.

Also, is there a way to confirm if they really changed the coolant and brake oil? I see the caliper greased and oil and filter replaced but have doubts that the coolant and brake oil was simply topped off (but billed for replacement)
Old 7th July 2021, 11:33   #411
BHPian

I am planning to buy Ertiga top model. Finding it hard to decide between ZXI AT and ZXI+ manual.

ZXI+ manual is in stock.

For ZXI AT, I have to
- Pay 1 lakh more
- Add reverse camera
- Wait for 1-2 months

What I get is a 4 speed auto box, and ESP.

Any other point I am missing?
Old 7th July 2021, 14:36   #412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudo_coder View Post
Given the compromises ZXI AT brings to the table, I would definitely go for ZXI+.
Down the line, if I feel the need for a clutch-less driving I will go for aftermarket solution like auto-mate, which is like a iMT offered by Hyundai and costs merely 40-45 K.

Last edited by aah78 : 17th August 2021 at 23:32. Reason: Quote trimmed.
DriveOnceMore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2021, 15:30   #413
BANNED

Quote:
I am planning to buy Ertiga top model. Finding it hard to decide between ZXI AT and ZXI+ manual.
We have a Dec 2018 Ertiga ZXi AT that has covered 24,000 kms. The only thing I miss is the 7" infotainment system with reverse camera rest all is great about the car, be it comfort, seating, usage etc.

If you want the comfort of AT and face bunper-to-bumper traffic daily, then get the ZXi AT and do a reverse camera + infotainment system retrofit (either aftermarket or Maruti Genuine).
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th July 2021, 16:19   #414
BHPian

Quote:
You have not mentioned either your preference of manual or AT or any other requirements. So it's difficult to answer really. Both will have completely different driving performance. Are you okay to drive AT over manual? Are you planning to keep the car for long i.e. like > 6 years or so?

I would have gone for ZXI AT in Pune traffic if I were to keep the car for long and looking for comfort. You can always add reverse camera aftermarket. AT is Torque Converter which is far more reliable than AMT or aftermarket solution.

Last edited by aah78 : 17th August 2021 at 23:32. Reason: Quote trimmed.
daredevil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2021, 21:51   #415
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveOnceMore View Post
Given the compromises ZXI AT brings to the table, I would definitely go for ZXI+.
Down the line, if I feel the need for a clutch-less driving I will go for aftermarket solution like auto-mate, which is like a iMT offered by Hyundai and costs merely 40-45 K.
Wow, I didn't know about auto-mate. Thanks for that. Will check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daredevil View Post
You have not mentioned either your preference of manual or AT or any other requirements. So it's difficult to answer really. Both will have completely different driving performance. Are you okay to drive AT over manual? Are you planning to keep the car for long i.e. like > 6 years or so?

I would have gone for ZXI AT in Pune traffic if I were to keep the car for long and looking for comfort. You can always add reverse camera aftermarket. AT is Torque Converter which is far more reliable than AMT or aftermarket solution.
I prefer AT (Owned an Ecosport AT earlier). ESP and hill hold are two other features that ZXI AT brings.

About driving performance, I couldn't get test drive of AT, so only tested the manual. I found it satisfactory.

I am going for a 7 seater because I have wife, 2 small kids, parents and 1 or 2 maids for kids. Safari is the other option, but too costly at almost 25 lakh for XZA.
pseudo_coder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2021, 12:16   #416
BHPian

Quote:
Wow, I didn't know about auto-mate. Thanks for that. Will check.
Since you have driven AT before, I would insist that you take a test drive of AT first. It's 4 speed TC unit on Ertiga. So you may not like the performance.

I have used AutoClutch (from Automate) for about 6 months. I will call it semi automatic (like iMT in Hyundais) where the clutch pedal is automated but you need to still make use of gears. It is a good option for someone who is moving from manual to semi auto for an existing car which you don't want to sell. Since you are going for new car, its best to go for sophisticated and more reliable factory fitted option.

Last edited by aah78 : 17th August 2021 at 23:33. Reason: Quote trimmed.
daredevil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2021, 13:54   #417
Senior - BHPian

Uploaded the video of sound coming when going over sharp bumps.
(Please see above posts for more info)
Old 15th August 2021, 07:03   #418
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
If you want the comfort of AT and face bunper-to-bumper traffic daily, then get the ZXi AT and do a reverse camera + infotainment system retrofit (either aftermarket or Maruti Genuine).
Have you changed your head unit? What's the model? Looking for options for my Zxi as I am missing reverse camera.
Old 16th August 2021, 16:24   #419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaG View Post
Hello BHP'ians,

My 2018 Ertiga Vxi CNG is now 1 lakh kms driven.

Hey @MaG, I am planning to buy the new Ertiga Vxi CNG model. Would you recommend buying it, what is the long term review for it? Any reliability issues? I am also foreseeing a run of around 1L kms in around 3 years' time (Simlar to your mileage).

I feel Ertiga is the most VFM CNG car available at the moment, Grand i10 CNG with a much inferior engine and less of a car in Sportz variant is available at around 8.8 Lakhs OTR delhi, however Ertiga VXI CNG is available at 10.5 Lakhs OTR which is more comfortable, with a superior engine & can hold a lot of luggage with 5 passengers. i10 will be restricted to only city use.

Would you recommend going for Ertiga VXI CNG? Also, how much range do you get in one tank of CNG and how much is the real-time CNG filling capacity of the tank in Ertiga?

Thanks
Old 16th August 2021, 20:50   #420
MaG
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parth.jain View Post
Hey @MaG, I am planning to buy the new Ertiga Vxi CNG model. Would you recommend buying it, what is the long term review for it? Any reliability issues? I am also foreseeing a run of around 1L kms in around 3 years' time (Simlar to your mileage).

I feel Ertiga is the most VFM CNG car available at the moment, Grand i10 CNG with a much inferior engine and less of a car in Sportz variant is available at around 8.8 Lakhs OTR delhi, however Ertiga VXI CNG is available at 10.5 Lakhs OTR which is more comfortable, with a superior engine & can hold a lot of luggage with 5 passengers. i10 will be restricted to only city use.

Would you recommend going for Ertiga VXI CNG? Also, how much range do you get in one tank of CNG and how much is the real-time CNG filling capacity of the tank in Ertiga?

Thanks
Hi there,

You rightly pointed out, the VFM angle. The ertiga is certainly is the go-to car given its performance in terms of mileage especially if your travel is 90% city use and 10% highways(if CNG not available). The boot space as well as the 3rd row space in the new ertiga is much better than the 2018 gen version.

The CNG tank accommodates 8.3 kilos of gas and runs about 170-175 kms in the city.

I would recommend this over i10 grand for the reason of seating capacity and boot space, which certainly is handy.
MaG is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks