Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2023, 20:27   #526
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
Driving 2016, Vxi ertiga MT bought new then. Don't want to compare with newer models but seen a lot of similarities with them. Suspensions are pretty the same and I feel tired after 600 plus kilometers of drive. You may find the car smooth overall but the accumulated shocks over such a distance are tiring. Every time I drove to Goa from Bangalore gave me similar experience right from day one.
Most of the points are covered nicely by you and others here. Coming to comparison of shocks, I compared it with newer Ertiga of my BIL and Tiago that I have. New ertiga gave same experience but Tiago handles same roads beautifully. I drove same roads multiple times and could not feel tiredness, or may be just 20% compared to Ertiga.
I prefer MT all the times since I can extract the power from engine when I want especially in ghats.
These are some thoughts, congrats on the purchase.

I noticed that you upgraded to the Conti UC6 in the ertiga tyre upgrade thread. After driving with the new tyres has it helped with the driving fatigue?
How does it perform on bad roads?

Has the fuel efficiency been affected in any way?
Old 26th June 2023, 21:50   #527
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrek8421 View Post
I wonder if the ride quality can be improved by changing the tyres. I feel a GC clearance of 185 is adequate and limits body roll. Only maybe needs a tyre replacement?

Thoughts on michelin or yokohamas?
You can go for 195mm but will lose FE by atleast by 1kmpl for sure. If that is fine, your GC will increase by 6mm, not bad. Will not change the body roll much.

Quote:
I noticed that you upgraded to the Conti UC6 in the ertiga tyre upgrade thread. After driving with the new tyres has it helped with the driving fatigue?
How does it perform on bad roads?

Has the fuel efficiency been affected in any way?
Well, the drive got improved over stock JK but to be honest I am not happy with Maruti's suspension system. I went for stock sized UC6 but not seeing any difference in FE. Don't get me wrong but I see a small car like Tiago giving me better driving comfort over Ertiga just because of the suspension system. Maruti wins only because of service network and super refined engines, nothing else. They are bad in all other aspects IMO. UC6 are good but at 90% of michelins. No more michelin imports and hence went for UC6, surely at number 2 after michelins. Coming to driving fatigue, over long distances, same experience of discomfort, though reduced a bit due to new tyres, still there. UC6 are good for all roads but I feel for heavy cars like Ertiga you may find Yoko and UC6 giving similar performance. But yeah both are definitely better compared to JK.

Last edited by rajivtelang : 26th June 2023 at 21:53.
rajivtelang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2023, 22:19   #528
BHPian

Quote:
You can go for 195mm but will lose FE by atleast by 1kmpl for sure. If that is fine, your GC will increase by 6mm, not bad. Will not change the body roll much.
My question was more on the lines of same size. I feel the 185mm of clearance is adequate and reduces body roll while maintaining similar FE.

Also thanks for the detailed explanation on the the suspension.
The only thing I can add is my experience on the new XL6. As a driver I felt no fatigue are 500km on good highway: cruise control 90-100 on nice Belgaum- Bangalore stretch is bliss. But I will need to take a trip to Goa to really experience fatigue in similar car.
Old 12th July 2023, 18:51   #529
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My question was more on the lines of same size. I feel the 185mm of clearance is adequate and reduces body roll while maintaining similar FE.

Also thanks for the detailed explanation on the the suspension.
The only thing I can add is my experience on the new XL6. As a driver I felt no fatigue are 500km on good highway: cruise control 90-100 on nice Belgaum- Bangalore stretch is bliss. But I will need to take a trip to Goa to really experience fatigue in similar car.
It will be great if Maruti has enhanced the suspension system. Just for fun and if you can, try Tiago for a long trip and check if you feel any difference. I have both so can do apples to apples... on highways you may not feel the difference but if the roads are are a mixed bag you may.
rajivtelang is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2023, 18:54   #530
BHPian

Quote:
It will be great if Maruti has enhanced the suspension system. Just for fun and if you can, try Tiago for a long trip and check if you feel any difference. I have both so can do apples to apples... on highways you may not feel the difference but if the roads are are a mixed bag you may.
Thanks for the reply. Yes I have heard of Tata 's good suspension. But unfortunately I don't have access to an altroz.

Also I think I am leaning towards to the XL6 as maybe the suspension and higher ground clearance may be slightly better than the ertiga, but for obvious reasons, difficult to tell for sure.
Old 12th July 2023, 21:29   #531

Hello team bhpians, any Ertiga Black Edition owners here? I booked Auburn Red ZXI Plus AT recently, and was thinking of changing my colour choice to black, despite stiff resistance from the family.

You see I already had to compromise on the vehicle. I wanted to get the Safari, but was talked into booking Ertiga. I know it's the more practical and VFM choice, but the heart wants what the heart wants.

So, I want to get my way with the color at least. Black with chrome accents looks quite dashing. But wanted to get the opinion of current owners regarding the extra upkeep requirements, heat absorption etc. Is it all worth it?

What about silver? Does it retain the shiny look over time?

Thanks!
jbourne is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2023, 10:58   #532
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbourne View Post
Hello team bhpians, any Ertiga Black Edition owners here? I booked Auburn Red ZXI Plus AT recently, and was thinking of changing my colour choice to black, despite stiff resistance from the family.

You see I already had to compromise on the vehicle. I wanted to get the Safari, but was talked into booking Ertiga. I know it's the more practical and VFM choice, but the heart wants what the heart wants.

So, I want to get my way with the color at least. Black with chrome accents looks quite dashing. But wanted to get the opinion of current owners regarding the extra upkeep requirements, heat absorption etc. Is it all worth it?

What about silver? Does it retain the shiny look over time?

Thanks!
Congratulations

Regarding silver: Maruti's paint quality is not the greatest but my ritz 2011 silver has held up pretty well despite being parked in the sun for a 4 years out of 12.

Obviously colour is a personal preference and you should always buy a colour that you like but if I may make a suggestion of going with the blue. Its dark but not black and maybe your family will see this as a good compromise.
Black does absorb heat though. But you need to worry only in places like Goa/Mumbai. Bangalore should be fine.
Shrek8421 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2023, 11:45   #533

Quote:
if I may make a suggestion of going with the blue. Its dark but not black and maybe your family will see this as a good compromise.
Thanks, Shrek8421
Will check it out. Hope it's not the same shade as the ubiquitous nexa blue though.
Old 13th July 2023, 14:49   #534
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, Shrek8421
Will check it out. Hope it's not the same shade as the ubiquitous nexa blue though.
Its not. They need to differentiate.
Also Red Black and Blue are the only colours not extensively used by the fleet operators. So that limits your choice a bit from that angle.
Old 13th July 2023, 21:29   #535

Quote:
Also Red Black and Blue are the only colours not extensively used by the fleet operators. So that limits your choice a bit from that angle.
Apparently Ertiga Black Edition is a myth. The showroom never saw one. They received black wagonr and celerio back then, but never an ertiga.

If I insist on black, they say it might take 5-6 months.

Now it has become all the more enticing .
Old 14th July 2023, 16:00   #536
BHPian

Quote:
Apparently Ertiga Black Edition is a myth. The showroom never saw one. They received black wagonr and celerio back then, but never an ertiga.

If I insist on black, they say it might take 5-6 months.

Now it has become all the more enticing .
It is released as a limited edition. Besides all new Ertiga's take 5-6 months.
Old 25th July 2023, 23:10   #537
BANNED

Can you elaborate on the reliability of the Turbo Petrol engines? How do stack up in comparison with a NA engine?

Quote:
The drives of Ertiga and XL6 were short but I found no major difference in NVH levels. Engine was quite silent and the ISS works without much fuss or noise.
Ride/tyre noise maybe slightly different due to the tyre size difference but in bangalore city roads there wasnt a significant difference.

Regarding reliability I completely agree. I feel Kia/Hyuundai push these newer tech in India relying on planned obsolescence so that customers will buy from them sooner rather than later.

Thanks for the observation on mileage. I guess there will be a drop but the question is; is it worth the 1.5L premium and extra fuel expenditure in ever-worsening bangalore traffic.
overtaker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2023, 15:54   #538
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by overtaker View Post
Can you elaborate on the reliability of the Turbo Petrol engines? How do stack up in comparison with a NA engine?
The main issue is turbos generate more heat and pressure for the performance.
This means that they require more care and maintenance.

NA petrols will not give you the same power but require less care and maitntenance when compared to turbos. They are also quite nice to drive as the power is linear and if you are not a pedal-to-the-metal guy it can quite enjoyable.
But more importantly they are reliable and the suzuki/honda/toyota engines can last decades.

The K15C in ertiga/XL6 has been tuned for mileage and is thus not as powerful. but if you are used to K series engines from Maruti then there isnt a big difference. Also no turbo lag.
Old 27th July 2023, 22:43   #539
BANNED

But how come the Turbo Diesels last quite a long miles?

Quote:
The main issue is turbos generate more heat and pressure for the performance.
This means that they require more care and maintenance.

NA petrols will not give you the same power but require less care and maitntenance when compared to turbos. They are also quite nice to drive as the power is linear and if you are not a pedal-to-the-metal guy it can quite enjoyable.
But more importantly they are reliable and the suzuki/honda/toyota engines can last decades.

The K15C in ertiga/XL6 has been tuned for mileage and is thus not as powerful. but if you are used to K series engines from Maruti then there isnt a big difference. Also no turbo lag.
overtaker is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th July 2023, 08:29   #540
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by overtaker View Post
But how come the Turbo Diesels last quite a long miles?
That's a good question. I am not too sure about that because I didn't research it much as I wasn't going to buy a diesel.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks